Hey guys! Today I have a makeup look for you, that I’ve been wearing a lot lately. It is super natural, but very polished at the same time. I kept the eye shadow in matte warm tones, and did a slight winged liner. For my lips I used my Bite lip crayon which I have been loving since I bought it. It is the perfect mauve lip. I listed the main steps below, along with the full tutorial. I hope you all enjoy this look and thanks so much for stopping by!
I’m the type of person that likes to get things done all the way, as fast as possible. Okay, actually this only applies to decorating, I lied. Every time we move in to a new apartment, which is basically ever year, I feel the need to decorate it completely that month. This is not something I recommend! I am working on enjoying the process and taking my time. I also need to realize that I won’t find everything that I love right away, so I need to be patient. This is one reason why I’m slightly nervous for when we buy our first home. I know that I won’t relax until it is completely furnished and decorated. I know I have issues. So anyways, until that day comes, I am trying to really see what styles I like. My taste in decor has changed so much from just a year ago. I am really loving the european chic feel. White and cream colors, balanced out with wood and black accents. I am a huge fan of neutrals, with a few pops of color here and there. I also love feminine touches, so let’s see what I can get past Andrew. Here are some of my favorite inspiration pictures for living rooms.
Hey guys! I hope you are all having a productive week. I can’t believe it’s already Thursday. I need more hours in the day!! So today we are talking hair and body care. I recently started trying out products from Just Natural and am loving everything so far. I want to try more now, even though I do not need any more products in my bathroom! All the products are alcohol free, cruelty free, gluten free, handmade fresh, made in the USA, natural, organic, no gmo’s, paraben free, sulfate free, and vegan. I mean common!!! So I wanted to go over each product I have been using and let you know some of the skin care benefits each has. Also, let me know in the comments if you have tried other products from the line.
1. Vinegar Rinse Cleanser: So happy I found this. I use a lot of products in my hair, and I haven’t been using any clarifying shampoo’s lately. I have always heard that apple cider vinegar is great for getting product build-up out of your hair, but am too lazy to make my own concoction. When I saw that Just Natural carried this, it was the first thing on my wish list. It gets rid of any build up in your hair from the environment, minerals from your water and hair products. It basically detoxifies the barrier of residue on your hair leaving your hair much more soft and super shiny. Each and every one of you needs this in your shower!
2. Shampoo (Thicker Hair): Who doesn’t want thicker hair? Okay, I guess some people don’t. But I am always teasing my hair to give it more volume and lift. This is a great shampoo because it doesn’t way your hair down. I have been using the Dermorganic shampoo for a long time now, but it’s nice to switch off with this one because of how lightweight it is. It contains burdock extract, vitamin b5, rice protein and camellia seed oil which help to strengthen, prevent damage, add body, strength, softness, radiance, and flexibility to the hair. All things that we are all in need of!
3. Leave-in Conditioner: This is very rich cream so you need the tiniest amount. I use this on my ends to help add extra hydration as my hair dries. Most products that contain chemicals just lay on your hair and don’t really sink into the strands. This on the other hand, actually penetrates in the hair with natural fruit extracts, oils and butters. It is full of pure ingredients like babassu oil, fenugreek, calendula and horsetail extracts, that help strengthen and moisturize your
hair. Hello radiance!
4. Manuka Acne Treatment: So I rarely use the words ‘holy grail’ but I think the time has come. This miracle in a bottle is unreal. I had a few pimples on my forehead one night and put a little of this oil on overnight. When I woke up they were almost completely gone. They had shrunk in size and were much less red. Then by the end of the day, they were gone! What!? The manuka oil is anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial and also has antimicrobial properties that penetrate to
unblock pores. Plus, karanja and red thyme naturally improve and restore the skin. Just get yourself a little jar and see the results for yourself!
5. Natural Body Cream: This is some thick cream! If you get super dry in the colder months this will really help you out. It contains macadamia oil and illipe butter to provide deep hydration and smoothness. I keep this on my bedside table and use right when I get out of the shower. It feels like butter putting on, and my skin drinks it up. Say goodbye to cracked knees and ankles. Okay that sounded gross, but it’s true.
6. Natural Body Wash: (Skin Calming): If you are looking for a pure and hydrating shower gel you will love this. It has aloe vera, licorice extract and sea buckthorn oil which are all incredibly moisturizing and soothing to the skin. It’s also packed with omega rich oils, vitamins and protein to renew your skin. This one has an herbally scent which is what I gravitate toward. If you walk into Aveda stores and find yourself inhaling deeply, I’m right there with you. This has earned a spot in my shower this fall and I am thoroughly enjoying it!
Now I want to go take a shower after writing this!
Happy first day of Fall everyone! We had another hot weekend in Seattle. I swear we brought the heat up here with us. However, it actually rained today. I took Kaila on a walk and it looked so beautiful outside. The air was crisp and you could feel the change of season. It is refreshing to actually have a change of season, unlike southern California. I have put together a collection of pieces that are completely fall appropriate. I love busting out my sweaters, boots and berry colored lipsticks. Let me know down below what you are most excited about this Fall. Also, on my channel I talked about my top five must-haves today. Go ahead and make yourself a cup of hot tea and turn on Sleepless in Seattle, just for me!
Oh New York. You get me every time. Walking through the streets I always feel a surge of energy. The hustle and bustle is inspiring and intriguing at the same time. The buildings have so much charm and character that I honestly stop in my tracks just to take a look. I always find myself trying to explain what New York is like to Andrew, my husband. I have been over 5 times, but he has yet to visit. How in the world do you find words to describe the feeling you get from the city? I always wonder if it is just a girl thing. I am not sure if he would love it as much as I do. With each street having it’s own vibe and appeal you never truly know what to expect. But even though I have a deep connection with New York, I doubt I could ever live there. Whenever I leave, I am always exhausted and wanting to take an entire day to re-coupe. When you grow up in San Diego, you are wired to live a slower paced life. That may be why I am so fascinated with New York. It is another world. What are you favorite things about visiting New York? Or if you live there, do you still love it, or are you immune to it by now? And if you have never been, what places do you love to visit?
I don’t know about you, but I feel like it has been summer for over a year. What the heck? Where is the cold and the rain? We left hot California for a slightly less warm Seattle. Good grief all I want to do is drink hot tea and light candles. So even though it is mid September I am still in tank tops and shorts. These black silk shorts from Forever 21 are a great staple to have. I also have been living in these leopard flats from Windsor. Even in Seattle, I can’t escape my casual California style. I’m all about comfort people. Thanks for stopping by, have a great day!
With fall coming up it’s super important to keep your skin hydrated. My skin is starting to feel slightly dryer as the weather is beginning to change and I am so ready for cooler weather! I have listed each step I have been taking before I go to bed at night. Each of these products does a great job at keeping my skin clear, even and hydrated. Check below for links and more details on each product.
One Love Organics Skin Savor Waterless Multi-Balm- This product can be used for so many things, which makes it worth the money. You can use this as a hair tamer, illuminizer, makeup remover, moisturizer, pomade..the list goes on. I prefer using it as a makeup remover. All you do is rub some product onto your eyes and face and your makeup will melt away. With ingredients like mango butter, vitamin e, jojoba oil, and orange peel wax you can imagine how luxurious it smells and feels.
Sibu Cleanser- I use this immediately after I remove my makeup. It gets the remainder off and then gives your skin a great cleanse. Sibu products have sea buckthorn seed oil in them, which has done amazing things for my skin. This cleanser has been my favorite for over a year, so I think that speaks for itself!
Murad Transforming Powder- If I want to give my face a deep clean, I will follow up with a scrub. This one by Murad is a powder, so you add water to it to form a paste. This is a great product for sensitive and acne prone skin because it is very gentle, but very effective.
Just Natural Acne Manuka Oil Treatment- If I have any pimples, I will apply this as a spot treatment. I swear by oils for clearing up acne. This oil in particular has karanja and camellia oils that are lightweight and antibacterial. The first night I used this, I had two pimples smack dab in the middle of my forehead. I applied a few drops of this on the area before bed and when I woke up, the spots were significantly reduced. Hello new best friend.
Andalou Naturals 1000 Roses Moroccan Beauty Oil- When I want to both heal and treat my skin at night, I slather on an oil. I’ve been obsessed with this one by Andalou. The subtle rose scent is so relaxing and the oil itself does a great job at making my skin look plump and even when I wake up in the morning. It is full of tannins and polyphenols which helps to tighten the skin.
Andalou Naturals 1000 Roses Mask- If I feel my skin needs some extra love, I will use a mask after I wash my face. The scent of this is beyond words. It is loaded with pomegranate that tones and hyaluronic acid and aloe vera for extra hydration.
I spend this past weekend in New York and am still trying to catch my breath! It was a crazy trip filled with lots of fashion, great food and great wine. I filmed the entire trip so stay tuned for a peek into what my weekend looked like. Today’s post is all about the outfit I wore to the Alyssa Collura show. I wanted to wear something a bit bohemian to reflect the Alyssa Collura’s girly and feminine designs. I chose this dress from Nordstrom which happens to be in my favorite color. I love that the shade completely changes depending on the light. Sometimes it looks teal, while other times it comes off navy. I paired it with chunky heeled booties by Jeffery Campbell. Can you even get over how awesome these shoes are? The second I saw them it was love. They have a worn in, vintage look which gives a very relaxed feel. I like finding pieces that can be used for multiply occasions. When it starts to cool down I will pair this dress with tights and these shoes with jeans. Get more bank for you buck! I hope you all are having a great week and thanks so much for stopping by!
Happy Friday everyone! I hope you had a great week and are ready for the weekend! I am getting all set to go to the airport right now. I hope I have everything I need…if I do forget something, pretty sure I’ll be able to find it in New York. I can wait to film for you guys and get some great pictures of the city! I also want to let you know I wont’ have a video up next Monday since I will still be out of town. But I already have one planned for Wednesday which will be centered around gluten free snacks! Thanks so much for stopping by and enjoy the video!
I have been obsessing over booties. I just got #6 in this collage to wear at fashion week and love them so so much. Get yourself some booties for the fall. They are so versatile which makes them a closet essential! My favorite way to wear them is by dressing them down with boyfriend jeans and a flannel. They also add a great look to dresses. No matter what your style looks like, there are endless options… open/closed toe, thin/chunky or no heel, suede/leather, hardware…you get it! Next time you are shopping, stop by the shoe department and try a pair on. Tweet me a picture too! Who else is SO ready for fall!? Bring on the colder weather! So have fun shopping my top pick below. I tried to include all price points.