It’s so funny when I look back on my pins under the ‘words‘ section. I always seem to be pinning quotes and verses with the same theme. My most recent ones have all been about being the change you want to see. I have recently felt really motivated to take more action in my job and quit waiting around for something to happen. It is all about your mind set. If you wake up with the intention of getting things done and staying positive, so much more is possible. I hope these few words of wisdom will help you get back on track. It is so easy to get lost in the shuffle of things. Sometimes it’s important to collect your thoughts, write down a list of what you need to do, and actually do it. But, through it all remember that God has the ultimate power in our futures and he will guide us every step of the way. When we put our faith in him, everything else will slowly come together the way he has envisioned. I hope you all have a wonderful Wednesday. Enjoy your day and keep you head up! Love you all!
Hi guys! Long time no talk! Andrew and I are back in San Diego and I’ve been trying to get organized today. I will have a video up tomorrow, so make sure to check my channel out for that. I also have lots of videos planned for the next few weeks. I’m so ready to get back into the swing of things. I haven’t talked about nail polish in a long time, and with the change of season’s I am so excited for all the new shades. When it comes to Fall nail Polish I am all about the muted tones. Dusty blues and deep greens are perfection. I put together a list of my top picks for the season. How beautiful are all these? Let me know what’s on your nails at the moment!
I have been using some new Too Faced products this month and wanted to give you all a full review on each product. I have used the bronzer before, but everything else was new to me. Let me know in the comments what other Too Faced products you love! I am also giving away a ‘Better Than Sex’ mascara. Rules will be listed down below!
1. Cat Eyes Eye Shadow Palette: Too Faced has some of the best eyeshadows. They are super buttery and highly pigmented. I have been using the top three shades of this palette the most because I am a big neutral girl. The brown on the top middle is perfect for all over the lid. This is a great palette to get if you are a makeup junkie and are looking for something fun to add to your collection. This isn’t great for traveling because I prefer more matte colors, however you can always get away with using your bronzer for a crease color. The three darkest shades can also be worn wet for more pigment!
2. Hangover Primer: This is the most hydrating primer I’ve ever used. Honestly, the title is perfect. You really get an instant pick me up from the sweet coconut scent and dewy finish it gives the skin. It also helps to brighten and smooth the skin. This is a must this winter..and all year round!
3. Beter Than Sex Mascara: This is a particularly wet mascara. If you like a lot of volume then you will like this. You do have to work with it a little and get used to the wand, but I’ve been really liking it. It’s also great for layering. I’ll apply this first, then a separating mascara after. Extra bonus, it won’t make your lashes crunchy!
4. Melted Long Wear Lipstick in Melted Fig: The perfect purple-y lip color. I love the formula of this product, it literally melts into your lips. These have the staying power of a stain, the pigment of a lipstick, and the shine of a gloss. I really want to try more colors because every time I use this I am super impressed.
5. Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer: I have been using this bronzer for the longest time. It comes in two shades, this one is the darker one. I like this shade because it works great for contouring. It is matte, so you don’t have to worry about it making your skin look muddy. It also smells of chocolate, which is obviously amazing.
Hi friends! I have pulled together my top pics for jackets this fall. I separated it into four categories. Each type of these jackets are so versatile and will keep you both warm and fashionable this season. Let me know in the comments which type you are most looking forward to wearing. Happy shopping!Leather 1/2/3
Hey guys! Today I have a makeup look for you, that I’ve been wearing a lot lately. It is super natural, but very polished at the same time. I kept the eye shadow in matte warm tones, and did a slight winged liner. For my lips I used my Bite lip crayon which I have been loving since I bought it. It is the perfect mauve lip. I listed the main steps below, along with the full tutorial. I hope you all enjoy this look and thanks so much for stopping by!
I’m the type of person that likes to get things done all the way, as fast as possible. Okay, actually this only applies to decorating, I lied. Every time we move in to a new apartment, which is basically ever year, I feel the need to decorate it completely that month. This is not something I recommend! I am working on enjoying the process and taking my time. I also need to realize that I won’t find everything that I love right away, so I need to be patient. This is one reason why I’m slightly nervous for when we buy our first home. I know that I won’t relax until it is completely furnished and decorated. I know I have issues. So anyways, until that day comes, I am trying to really see what styles I like. My taste in decor has changed so much from just a year ago. I am really loving the european chic feel. White and cream colors, balanced out with wood and black accents. I am a huge fan of neutrals, with a few pops of color here and there. I also love feminine touches, so let’s see what I can get past Andrew. Here are some of my favorite inspiration pictures for living rooms.
Hey guys! I hope you are all having a productive week. I can’t believe it’s already Thursday. I need more hours in the day!! So today we are talking hair and body care. I recently started trying out products from Just Natural and am loving everything so far. I want to try more now, even though I do not need any more products in my bathroom! All the products are alcohol free, cruelty free, gluten free, handmade fresh, made in the USA, natural, organic, no gmo’s, paraben free, sulfate free, and vegan. I mean common!!! So I wanted to go over each product I have been using and let you know some of the skin care benefits each has. Also, let me know in the comments if you have tried other products from the line.
1. Vinegar Rinse Cleanser: So happy I found this. I use a lot of products in my hair, and I haven’t been using any clarifying shampoo’s lately. I have always heard that apple cider vinegar is great for getting product build-up out of your hair, but am too lazy to make my own concoction. When I saw that Just Natural carried this, it was the first thing on my wish list. It gets rid of any build up in your hair from the environment, minerals from your water and hair products. It basically detoxifies the barrier of residue on your hair leaving your hair much more soft and super shiny. Each and every one of you needs this in your shower!
2. Shampoo (Thicker Hair): Who doesn’t want thicker hair? Okay, I guess some people don’t. But I am always teasing my hair to give it more volume and lift. This is a great shampoo because it doesn’t way your hair down. I have been using the Dermorganic shampoo for a long time now, but it’s nice to switch off with this one because of how lightweight it is. It contains burdock extract, vitamin b5, rice protein and camellia seed oil which help to strengthen, prevent damage, add body, strength, softness, radiance, and flexibility to the hair. All things that we are all in need of!
3. Leave-in Conditioner: This is very rich cream so you need the tiniest amount. I use this on my ends to help add extra hydration as my hair dries. Most products that contain chemicals just lay on your hair and don’t really sink into the strands. This on the other hand, actually penetrates in the hair with natural fruit extracts, oils and butters. It is full of pure ingredients like babassu oil, fenugreek, calendula and horsetail extracts, that help strengthen and moisturize your
hair. Hello radiance!
4. Manuka Acne Treatment: So I rarely use the words ‘holy grail’ but I think the time has come. This miracle in a bottle is unreal. I had a few pimples on my forehead one night and put a little of this oil on overnight. When I woke up they were almost completely gone. They had shrunk in size and were much less red. Then by the end of the day, they were gone! What!? The manuka oil is anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial and also has antimicrobial properties that penetrate to
unblock pores. Plus, karanja and red thyme naturally improve and restore the skin. Just get yourself a little jar and see the results for yourself!
5. Natural Body Cream: This is some thick cream! If you get super dry in the colder months this will really help you out. It contains macadamia oil and illipe butter to provide deep hydration and smoothness. I keep this on my bedside table and use right when I get out of the shower. It feels like butter putting on, and my skin drinks it up. Say goodbye to cracked knees and ankles. Okay that sounded gross, but it’s true.
6. Natural Body Wash: (Skin Calming): If you are looking for a pure and hydrating shower gel you will love this. It has aloe vera, licorice extract and sea buckthorn oil which are all incredibly moisturizing and soothing to the skin. It’s also packed with omega rich oils, vitamins and protein to renew your skin. This one has an herbally scent which is what I gravitate toward. If you walk into Aveda stores and find yourself inhaling deeply, I’m right there with you. This has earned a spot in my shower this fall and I am thoroughly enjoying it!
Now I want to go take a shower after writing this!
Happy first day of Fall everyone! We had another hot weekend in Seattle. I swear we brought the heat up here with us. However, it actually rained today. I took Kaila on a walk and it looked so beautiful outside. The air was crisp and you could feel the change of season. It is refreshing to actually have a change of season, unlike southern California. I have put together a collection of pieces that are completely fall appropriate. I love busting out my sweaters, boots and berry colored lipsticks. Let me know down below what you are most excited about this Fall. Also, on my channel I talked about my top five must-haves today. Go ahead and make yourself a cup of hot tea and turn on Sleepless in Seattle, just for me!
Oh New York. You get me every time. Walking through the streets I always feel a surge of energy. The hustle and bustle is inspiring and intriguing at the same time. The buildings have so much charm and character that I honestly stop in my tracks just to take a look. I always find myself trying to explain what New York is like to Andrew, my husband. I have been over 5 times, but he has yet to visit. How in the world do you find words to describe the feeling you get from the city? I always wonder if it is just a girl thing. I am not sure if he would love it as much as I do. With each street having it’s own vibe and appeal you never truly know what to expect. But even though I have a deep connection with New York, I doubt I could ever live there. Whenever I leave, I am always exhausted and wanting to take an entire day to re-coupe. When you grow up in San Diego, you are wired to live a slower paced life. That may be why I am so fascinated with New York. It is another world. What are you favorite things about visiting New York? Or if you live there, do you still love it, or are you immune to it by now? And if you have never been, what places do you love to visit?
I don’t know about you, but I feel like it has been summer for over a year. What the heck? Where is the cold and the rain? We left hot California for a slightly less warm Seattle. Good grief all I want to do is drink hot tea and light candles. So even though it is mid September I am still in tank tops and shorts. These black silk shorts from Forever 21 are a great staple to have. I also have been living in these leopard flats from Windsor. Even in Seattle, I can’t escape my casual California style. I’m all about comfort people. Thanks for stopping by, have a great day!