Life has changed quite a bit recently. With the birth of our twin girls, my days are now consumed with feeding, burping and changing on repeat. But I wouldn’t have it any other way! Because of my lack of free time, I have had to alter my beauty routine quite a bit. I still like to take some time each day to freshen myself up so I feel alive, but the amount of products I use is less than before. I now try to be more efficient but still savor those moments I have to myself. All the products I have to mention are from Marshalls. I found some amazing items the last time I was there and I have been using them close to every day since.
The first area I always focus on is the skin. If your skin looks good, your makeup will look much better. Two products I have been loving are the Tiaki Face Serum and the By Nature Eye Crème. Serums are wonderful to pump your skin with nutrients and add moisture at the same time. This one in particular is lightweight yet still very hydrating. It also leaves your skin looking fresh and dewy. The second product that is a must with newborns is an eye cream! I enjoy this one because it targets dark circles. With less sleep at night comes tired undereyes. Make sure to dot on a little eye cream morning and night to keep them looking bright and awake.
Next up is makeup. To cut down on my time I use fewer products on my face. I usually start out with a lightweight BB Cream to even out my skin tone. After that I’ll apply a small amount of powder so it will last. Next, I go in with bronzer to warm up my complexion. I honestly think bronzer is essential these days. I haven’t been outside much so I count on bronzer to give my skin some life and dimension. This one from Bobbi Brown is great for an all over bronze or to contour your features. Last is highlighter. I’ve been loving Laura Geller’s Gilded Honey applied to the high points of my face. It adds almost a ‘wet’ look to your skin. Highlighter is a product that will always make you feel so much better! I also found these brushes at Marshalls and they are awesome. Make sure to check out all their brush kits, they usually have a lot of great options.
Nothing says pampering more than taking a bath. No matter how busy I get I find that there is always time for a 20 minute bath. Load up the bubbles, add some salts and light a candle. A bubble bath is a great way to unwind and relax your body. A good time of day for me is after my husband comes home from work and after we have eaten dinner. I typically put the girls down around 7:00 so there are a few hours of calm. I check out for about 30 minutes, find a good YouTube video to watch and try to savor those quiet moments soaking in the tub. I had to share these bath salts I found because I can’t get over how beautiful the packaging is. The brand is Alchemy Studio and I also have their hand soap, which is equally as pretty!
So even with newborn twins, it is possible to find a little time for yourself! I think it’s important to pamper yourself a little bit to make up for the clothes covered in spit up!
Today I wanted to talk beauty with you! Many of the products I already love are sold at Marshalls, and now I am noticing other exciting brands that I have never tried. Testing out new products is something I am very passionate about. I am always on the hunt for the latest and greatest body scrub, facial mask, etc. So it’s great to be able to test out so many new products from Marshalls at such an affordable price.
Today I wanted to show you some seasonal products I found, new charcoal body products and a few staples that I always buy.
Something I get so excited about is finding seasonal products. I love the hunt, and when I find them it’s like gold! I put them in my cart so quickly so nobody else can grab them! Since we are currently in Fall, I love replacing normal home products with more seasonal scents to create a cozy vibe. Hand soap and cream are a great way to do this!
Something I noticed last time shopping at Marshalls, was all the new charcoal products in stock. Charcoal is a huge thing right now. It is both detoxifying and purifying to the skin. I found a facial scrub, cleanser, body scrub and body wash that all looked amazing. Deep cleaning our pores is always important, especially in the Fall. This is usually when we are using heavier products on our skin along with a more full face makeup look. A good clean can really help to keep your skin balanced and clear.
Last up, I have a few products I always stock up on. The main one is facial towelettes. These in particular are my all time favorite and I seem to always find them at Marshalls. I also scored this three pack of lip balms (all these products are great natural options which I love)!
I hope these products gave you some great ideas for new things to incorporate into your beauty routine. There is nothing like opening up a brand new product to give it a go! …or wait is that just me?!
Hey everyone! Today I have a post on something very important to me which is ingredients! Especially since being pregnant, I find myself wanting to be extra cautious of what I’m putting on my skin. I chatted with ‘The Choosy Chick’ on what to avoid when looking for skincare. Below are something things to watch out for! I also included a few of my favorite products from their site that I know you will love too. Make sure to check out The Choosy Chick for amazing hand-picked green products! (coupon codes are at the end of post!)
I have been testing out the MUN skincare and it’s worked great with my skin. My favorite from the trio is the Brightening Youth Serum. Especially as we head into the cooler months, I’m loving oils on my skin at night. They pump up the moisture and keep my hydrated until the next day. The Mint Your Feet by Kosmatology has been a lifesaver for my achy preggo feet! It has a soothing blend of essential oils that add a cooling effect. I tend to use this at night when I’m getting ready for bed or watching tv. The Nudus lipsticks intimidated me at first because I thought they would be too dark for my lips. But I has happily surprised once I applied them. They give a more sheer wash of color and are in very flattering shades. My favorite is Naked. Last is the Kari Gran sunscreen. Love! It has more of an oily consistency but rubs right into the skin without leaving a white cast. I can’t go a day without it!
Ingredients to Avoid in Skincare
Most skincare products on the market today contain a cocktail of chemicals that have not been tested for safety and many are linked to hormone disruption, neurotoxicity, fertility problems and cancer. Get to know the ingredients in personal care products and avoid the offenders where you can, even when NOT pregnant. Many ingredients are passed to the fetus in utero, found in cord blood and breast milk. As a result, babies are being born “pre-polluted” with numerous toxins stemming from a variety of sources.
While there are lots of concerning ingredients, here are a few troublemakers for expectant mothers:
Synthetic fragrances often contain hundreds of different ingredients that do not need to be disclosed. Many contain Phthalates (pronounced “thalates”). Dibutyl Phthalate and Diethyl Phthalate are inexpensive chemicals used in plastics to make them more flexible and are also used to make fragrances last longer. They are quickly and easily absorbed through the skin, and in lab experiments have been known to interfere with hormone production, decrease sperm count, and cause developmental defects. The European Union classifies Dibutyl Phthalate as being toxic to the reproductive system because it may cause harm to the unborn child and impair fertility. Diethyl Phthalate is also suspected of interfering with hormone function, causing reproductive and developmental problems, and is linked to early puberty in girls. Avoid the broad term, “fragrance” on ingredient labels and look for products with no scent added, or scented with natural ingredients like essential oils.
According to the Breast Cancer Fund, research has found many of the chemicals in sunscreens disrupt the endocrine system and may play a role in breast cancer development. Oxybenzone is rapidly absorbed through the skin and is linked to hormone disruption and low birth weight in babies. Homosalate, a hormone disrupting UVB blocker is estrogenic. Instead, choose sunscreens with safer mineral blockers like zinc oxide.
Commonly found in hand soap, toothpaste and other products with “antibacterial” properties. According to The Campaign for Safe Cosmetics, Triclosan can cause endocrine disruption and be especially harmful for pregnant and breastfeeding women. Some studies raise concerns that exposure to Triclosan may contribute to making bacteria resistant to antibiotics. The FDA recently issued a notice that when washing, plain old soap and water is best.
For more information on the toxicity of these and other ingredients, visit the Big Baddies list at The Choosy Chick – thechoosychick.com.
The Choosy Chick
FREESHIPNUDUS – Free US Shipping on all nudus lipsticks
MUN always ships free in the US – code: MUNSHIPSFREE
Disclosure: This post was sponsored by SK-II through their partnership with POPSUGAR. While I was compensated by POPSUGAR to write a post about SK-II all opinions are my own.
With the weather changing, comes alterations in my skincare routine. Recently my skin has become much dryer than it ever was. (Yay for aging…) So because of that, I add in a few more steps and use products that bring and help retain moisture in my skin. I have stared using SK-II Facial Treatment Essence after I cleanse my skin. The first thing that peaked my interest is that people refer to this product as ‘miracle water’. Yes please! This product moisturizes the skin and helps moderate the skin surface renewal cycle. As we age, we produce cells at a slower rate, so I love using products that help speed that process up.
The essence is enriched with more than 90% Pitera™, containing vitamins, amino acids and minerals. I’ve noticed my skin tone has evened out and looks much more smooth since using this for a couple weeks. And even though it doesn’t claim to help with breakouts, mine have cleared up a lot since using!Here’s how to use: I add a few drops onto a cotton round and apply all over my skin, then follow with a serum and moisturizer. (They suggest applying to your fingers and pressing into your skin, I’m just a creature of habit and put every liquid product onto a cotton round.) I’d highly recommend this product if you are looking for something that is both anti-aging and hydrating. I’m planning on doing a full skin care video this month, so I’ll have a corresponding blog post as well! Stay tuned to see all the other products I use for my skin.
I want to share some products that I have been loving for my makeup ‘base’ lately. Make sure you also have a good skincare routine, if your skin isn’t at it’s best, neither will your makeup. For my face makeup I like my skin to still shine through. To me, you foundation and concealer should cover any imperfections and even out your skintone, but not completely hide your skin. Let me know what makeup products you are loving to give you a glowing complexion!
First up I apply Murad Invisiblur Perfecting Shield all over my skin. I’ve been noticing that my forehead is getting a lot of fine lines lately and this really helps to fills them in and even my skin out. I also love that is has SPF 30 to protect my skin from the sun during the day.
To hide my blemished and areas with extra redness I apply my Mineral Fusion Concealer. This concealer is great since you get two different shades to mix. It dries quickly so it won’t smear all over your face. I also feel better concealing my blemished with a more natural product (that way I won’t get more breakouts!).
Last, I’ve been setting my foundation with the ZuZu Luxe Powder Foundation and am in love. This powder is made with great ingredients and leaves a beautiful natural finish to the skin.
I highly recommend all of these products. They have worked great for my skin and I know you will love them.
Sephora’s VIB sale is coming up on the 13th so I put together some things that are on my wishlist and also some things that I think would be great to get during this sale. It’s always a good idea to get things you already love and know you’ll be needing soon. Mascara, beauty blenders, concealer and setting sprays are a few things I always need but hate buying. This sale is the perfect time to save a little on those necessities. It’s also a good time to try out things you’ve been eyeing. Palettes, skincare and hair products can be a little pricey so take advantage now. I’m really wanting to try out the Stila Liquid Liner and the Kat Von D Shade and Light Palette! Have you guys tried either? And don’t forget about gifts. If you need to get someone a Christmas gift who loves beauty, this is the perfect time to do your shopping. It’s already November so I need to start figuring out what I need to get! I hope this gives you guys some ideas for your shopping cart.
Hey guys! So I posted a video on my channel, you can watch that HERE all about Cover FX’s foundations. You all know I use these most days and I get a lot of questions asking which one I like the best. The truth is, it depends on what kind of makeup look I want that day. If I want a full face of makeup that will hold up all day, or just a light application for running errands. I made this video to help you differentiate them from one another in terms of the finish and amount of coverage they give. Check down below for a condensed version of each of these products. I’ll let you know why I use different ones for different occasions.
All Cover FX product are free of the inflammatory 5: gluten, mineral oil, talc, parabens and fragrance.
1. BB Gel Mattifying Anti-Blemish Treatment: This BB Gel feels super lightweight on the skin. It gives medium coverage and leaves a matte finish. So if you have oily or acne-prone skin you would love this. There is 1% salicylic treatment, so it helps heal and prevent blemishes while you wear it. This is my go-to when my skin is acting up, especially during hormonal breakouts. It also has thyme extract to help clarify the skin and EVERMAT to reduce pore size and control shine.
2. Pressed Mineral Foundation: I’m more of a liquid foundation type of gal, so I use this to set my other foundations. But if you prefer powder foundation, then this will be great for you! It gives a natural matte finish and provides sheer to buildable coverage. There is amazonian clay to help absorb excess oil and control shine along with green tea leaf extract to calm the skin.
3. Total Cover Cream Foundation: If you are looking for total coverage this is for you! It is a foundation and concealer in one so you can apply all over and then spot treat for more coverage. This has SPF 30 but it still photographs beautifully. I always use this on brides because it gives a natural radiant finish that holds up all day long and feels light on the skin. This foundation also has vitamin E to provide antioxidant protection and promote skin cell renewal. Also, this is good for any skin types, especially sensitive.
4. Natural Finish Oil Free Foundation: This foundation is great for those of you with normal to dry skin. It gives a satin/dewy finish and will last all day long! I find this foundation to be very hydrating and it’s also anti-aging which is always a plus! Since I find this formula to be pretty rich, I like to mix in a drop or two of my Custom Infusion Drops to sheer it out a bit. I’ve been wearing this foundation basically all month!
Let me know if you use any of Cover FX’s foundations, and which are your favorites!
Hey guys! Today I have some of my favorite products to transition your look into fall. I love warm eye shadows, a bronzed face and some berry or red lips. I put together a list of some products I have been especially loving this month. (I know you will too!) Let me know what type of makeup look you love this time of year in the comments!
1. Urban Decay Lipstick in Rapture: This is the perfect nude lip for fall. I am definitely over those concealer-nude lips and now my go-to nude is more of a mauve/taupe color. This is such a flattering shade on so many skintones. It completes your makeup, while still being understated. A must for this time of year!
2. Benefit Roller Lash Mascara: Don’t even get me started on this mascara. Since first using this, I have not found anything better. I love it because it holds my curl and does not transfer! I absolutely hate when my mascara leaves little black dots under my eyes. This will stay put all day long and it isn’t hard to wash off either. I find the Benefit They’re Real a pain to get off at night, but this one comes off great with my cleansing oil. I will continue to buy this over and over!
3. Cover FX Bronzer in Suntan: What I love about this bronzer is the perfect tone it has. Not too muddy, but not too orange. It’s beautiful at warming up your skin tone or contouring. Since it’s matte, it’s pretty hard to go overboard.
4. Smashbox Lipstick in Bing: Such a fun red lip. It has a light cherry tone to it which really is my favorite type of red. It is a little easier to wear and not so vampy. This lipstick dries to a nice satin/matte finish. Super pretty!
5. Butter London Polish in Fancy: I love muted colors on the nails for fall. They look polished (no pun intended) and pair nicely with most outfits. This lilac color is everything!
6. Kevyn Aucoin Eye Liner in Black: My eyes are really sensitive and this is pretty much the only liner I can use that won’t irritate them. It is totally waterproof and extremely creamy, which makes it perfect for the waterline.
7. It Cosmetics Ombre Blush in Sugar Plum: I love a mauve cheek in the fall. It really warms up the complexion and gives a modern feel to any makeup look. Sometimes purple blushes can look intimidating in the pan, but when you apply them to the cheeks they sheer out a lot. Give it a try this season!
8. Cover FX Natural Finish Foundation in N30: I’ve been wearing this foundation almost every day this month. It is very full coverage so when I want to sheer it out a bit, I’ll mix in a drop of my Custom Infusion Drops. If you have normal to dry skin you’ll love this. It gives a satin/dewy finish and lasts all day long!
9. It Cosmetics Naturally Pretty Eye Shadow Palette: Oh my word. This is basically my ideal eye shadow palette. There are 14 (14!!!) beautiful, pigmented matte colors, and 1 nude shimmer. I love the variety of shades, from warm coppers to cooler mauves. Honestly this is a do-all palette. I really could live with this palette and nothing else. That is saying a lot!
10. It Cosmetics Lip Liner in Perfect Red: Like the name, this liner really is the perfect red. It never bleeds on me, lasts a long time and is a creamy texture! Also after applying, it sets nicely on your lips.
11. Maybelline Fit Me Concealer: I love how this concealer sets on the skin. It doesn’t lay in fine lines or cake up throughout the day. I swear it actually looks pretty when you apply it, I know that sounds weird, but it is super flawless. I really get a tone of coverage with this and it’s perfect for blemishes!
For those of you who don’t follow me on my social media outlets then you haven’t heard! I chopped my hair off! A whole lot of it. I cut off about 10 inches and I have been loving it so far. I didn’t realize how attached I had become to my hair until I was sitting in the chair watching those scissors come toward me. I was actually terrified and started second guessing what I was doing. But then I told myself it is just hair and if I hate it, it’ll grow back. The second she cut it off I couldn’t stop smiling. It was crazy! I was grinning ear to ear the whole time. I honestly think this hair suits me much more. It fits my face and body shape more and it is a lot more fun. My hair had gotten so long that I didn’t ever want to style it. It was so heavy and to be honest, a nuisance. Now I feel much more fresh and I appreciate my hair much more. If you can tell, I went much lighter because all the blonde in my hair was cut off. Do you guys like my new do? Let me know in the comments!
Hey guys! Long time no talk! Today I have a skincare review on the company Radical Skincare. I have been using three of their products for about two months now and wanted to give you the low down on each of them. Their products are paraben, phthalate and sulfate free. I have pretty sensitive skin, especially with anti-aging products, and these have not made me break out at all! This makes me super excited because I REALLY want to start upping my anti-aging game but most are super rich and break me out. I also just posted my evening skincare routine on my YouTube channel so you can watch that HERE.
1. Instant Revitalizing Mask: My new love. This is seriously the coolest mask I have ever tried. And I have tried a lot of masks. So you apply it to the skin and it looks like a serum. Once you start rubbing it in it turns into more of a white paste. THEN, it starts foaming around the areas that need extra help on your skin. I find that it foams a lot by my nose, forehead (hello forehead lines that I’m not such a fan of!), and also my chin. Basically most people’s trouble areas. After washing off, my skin looks much brighter than before and it feels firmer and super hydrated. You will honestly glow afterward. Two thumbs up! If you want to watch it in action, check out my skincare video.
2. Age-Defying Pads: These little suckers are super effective. They are pads that you apply after cleansing the skin. Just like the mask, you will notice your skin instantly looks much brighter. I only use these every few days because they are full of AHA and BHA acid, making them pretty potent. They help support natural cell turnover, which slows down the aging process. If you are looking to tighten and firm your skin, and minimize the look of your pores and fine lines, these pads are for you!!!
3. Youth Infusion Serum: Last but not least, is this little but mighty serum. This serum is ultra hydrating and really does a great job and rejuvenating the skin. It leaves your skin looking brighter, smoother and gives a youthful glow to the skin. There is algae extract inside which tightens the appearance of skin, protects from oxidative stress, along with antioxidants and skin soothing agents to deeply hydrate, reduces redness, and calm inflammation. I mean…basically everything you want in one product.
Overall, I have been super impressed with the few products I have tried out so far. If you have been on the fence for this line I would definitely suggest trying it out for yourself. Each product has really brightened up my complexion and smoothed out my skin. Let me know if you have tried any other products from this company! Thanks for stopping by and have an awesome day!