Hey guys! Long time no talk! Today I have a skincare review on the company Radical Skincare. I have been using three of their products for about two months now and wanted to give you the low down on each of them. Their products are paraben, phthalate and sulfate free. I have pretty sensitive skin, especially with anti-aging products, and these have not made me break out at all! This makes me super excited because I REALLY want to start upping my anti-aging game but most are super rich and break me out. I also just posted my evening skincare routine on my YouTube channel so you can watch that HERE.
1. Instant Revitalizing Mask: My new love. This is seriously the coolest mask I have ever tried. And I have tried a lot of masks. So you apply it to the skin and it looks like a serum. Once you start rubbing it in it turns into more of a white paste. THEN, it starts foaming around the areas that need extra help on your skin. I find that it foams a lot by my nose, forehead (hello forehead lines that I’m not such a fan of!), and also my chin. Basically most people’s trouble areas. After washing off, my skin looks much brighter than before and it feels firmer and super hydrated. You will honestly glow afterward. Two thumbs up! If you want to watch it in action, check out my skincare video.
2. Age-Defying Pads: These little suckers are super effective. They are pads that you apply after cleansing the skin. Just like the mask, you will notice your skin instantly looks much brighter. I only use these every few days because they are full of AHA and BHA acid, making them pretty potent. They help support natural cell turnover, which slows down the aging process. If you are looking to tighten and firm your skin, and minimize the look of your pores and fine lines, these pads are for you!!!
3. Youth Infusion Serum: Last but not least, is this little but mighty serum. This serum is ultra hydrating and really does a great job and rejuvenating the skin. It leaves your skin looking brighter, smoother and gives a youthful glow to the skin. There is algae extract inside which tightens the appearance of skin, protects from oxidative stress, along with antioxidants and skin soothing agents to deeply hydrate, reduces redness, and calm inflammation. I mean…basically everything you want in one product.
Overall, I have been super impressed with the few products I have tried out so far. If you have been on the fence for this line I would definitely suggest trying it out for yourself. Each product has really brightened up my complexion and smoothed out my skin. Let me know if you have tried any other products from this company! Thanks for stopping by and have an awesome day!
Hey guys! Long time no talk! Andrew and I have finally started to settled down in our new house. I just got a desk so now I feel like I can start getting back to a normal schedule. I’m so excited to share some home decor posts on my blog. I will have a lot of before and after pictures! With the weather getting warmer I have a hair tutorial that is perfect for summer days. Even though I do my hair like this pretty much year round! Beach waves have been my go-to for a long time now. I honestly feel most myself when my hair is wavy. I love to style my hair with these curls because they look completely effortless and last a few days. Watch the video for a step by step how to! You can also shop the products I used below.
Disclosure: This post and video were sponsored by ShopStyle through their partnership with POPSUGAR Select. While I was compensated to write a post and create a How-To video, all opinions are my own.
Hey guys! For those of you who haven’t heard yet, Cover FX just launched a new product call Custom Cover Drops. Basically, they are pure pigments that you mix with any liquid product, to create a custom foundation. Some things you can mix it with are primers, serums, facial oils or moisturizers. The finish that you get depends on what product you mix it with. The same goes for the coverage, the more drops you add, the more coverage you get. I have been loving experimenting with these drops and being my own mixologist. Let me know if you have tried these out yet in the comments! You can watch my video below to see what they look like applied to the skin.
I am so excited to announce my second meet up! My first one was in Seattle, and now I’m doing one in my hometown. I am so excited to meet all of you and do some shopping! Let me know if you can make it!
Hey guys! Today I have a wonderful mask to share with you that is amazing for the skin. All you need it two ingredients. Yep, that’s right, just two things. Coconut oil and cacao powder.
| TO MAKE |
Mix 1 tbsp of melted coconut oil with 2 tbsp’s of cacao powder and stir together until combined. This will make a few uses, so you can always make less. Just be sure to use 1 part coconut oil to 2 parts cacao powder.
| SKIN BENEFITS |
-high levels of antioxidants which promotes cell repair
-firms the skin and prevents against wrinkles and fine lines
-high vitamin and mineral content
-smoothes the skin
-increased defense of UV damage
-anti-viral, anti-fungal, anti-bacterial (which is great to keep your pores clean)
If you are into using natural products like myself, making things is your best bet! This scrub is as pure as it gets, and super easy. You only need three ingredients and most are probably already in your pantry. I started off intending this to be a face scrub, but now I think I like it more on my body. I have been using this in the shower all over my body and then apply what’s remaining to my face. You can use a variety of ingredients for scrubs, but I’ll tell you why I specifically chose these three.
MANUKA HONEY: This bottle of honey is pure gold. Honey has anti-bacterial properties, which makes it great at cleansing your skin and getting rid of all the gunk that has accumulated in your pores throughout the day. It is also very hydrating and soothing to the skin. After using honey on your face you will notice the texture of your skin will even out over time, and your breakouts will decrease.
OLIVE OIL: I love using olive oil on my face because it is incredibly hydrating and gentle. No matter what your skin type is, olive oil will work for you. I love the feeling my skin has after using this scrub. I rarely need to use a lotion afterward because of how moisturized my skin is.
SUGAR: Raw cane sugar is a great base for any scrub. It does a great job at exfoliating your skin, but is still gentle enough to use on your face.
I fill my jar pretty full with sugar, a few dashes of olive oil and a spoonful of honey. You can vary the amounts depending on how thick your want yours. Watch my video below to see me mix and apply the scrub!
Oil Cleansing is great at removing all your makeup and deep cleaning your skin. I usually do this once a week, but you can definitely do this more often if you want. If you wear a lot of makeup everyday, this will really help to get everything off at night. What I love about oil cleansing, is that most of these products are already in your pantry. When I first started using oils to cleanse, I would mix them in a little tupperware bowl. Now I use a glass dropper bottle, but you can use whatever you have on hand. Now let me try to convince you to use this method yourself, because it’s freaking amazing and your skin will thank me. You can watch my video down below to learn more about this super easy and awesome way to clean your skin!
1. This is way safer than drugstore or high end makeup removers/cleansers. This is as pure as you can get.
2. When you use this on a regular basis, you will see your amount of breakouts significantly drop or completely disappear.
3. This will serve as your makeup remover, cleanser, and moisturizer so you’ll save yourself some time at night.
4. The oils will extract any dirt, build-up, and makeup that accumulated over the day way more effectively than a typical cleanser.
Castor oil is a great oil to begin with. Use more if you have oily skin, and less if you have dry skin. Then find an oil below to mix with it. I like using 2 parts olive oil and 1 part castor oil. You can also add a little vitamin E to your mixture.
So last week we talked about makeup, today is all about hair! 2014 was definitely a year of collecting hair products. From hairspray to masks, I have gone on a rampage testing out a bazillion products. I love working with hair products in place of hot tools. They are a great way to give your hair a break from the heat and amp up your style. I mean, I couldn’t live without dry shampoo. I try to go two days without washing my hair. When I tell most people this, they look at me with disgust…seriously. But it has made my hair so healthy and it grows way faster then before. I also rarely dye my hair now. Honestly, for the past three years I have been dying my hair once a year. I usually get balayage and ombre highlights put it and let my hair grown out naturally. I don’t touch my roots ever. My auburn is getting a lot darker these days and I’m trying to embrace the darker hue and resist going lighter. Okay now on to some hair products that I couldn’t live without. (To see more info on these products, watch my video HERE!)
1. DermOrganic Shampoo & Masque: This has been the one shampoo/conditioner that has really stood out to me this year. It is packed with effective yet natural ingredients, and keeps my hair incredibly healthy and shiny. I love that is has argan oil inside which is great at adding moisture, but it never weighs my hair down. I order mine off Vitacost, but I always see them at Marshalls and Tjmaxx.
2. Giovanni Natural Mousse: What I love most about this mousse, is how you can’t feel it when applied to your hair. It is so lightweight but still adds so much volume and bounce. I use one to two pumps and apply to wet hair. When I blow-dry, I always notice a difference in how much lift my hair has. Another bonus is that it’s made with natural and safe ingredients.
3. Alterna Beach Sun-Recovery Spray: This is my go-to leave-in conditioner, and has been for a few years. It leaves my hair feeling incredibly soft and it smells so fruity and delicious. This is great year round, but especially in the summer when your hair is extra dry and brittle.
4. Bumble and Bumble Texture: Oldie but a goodie. I got this such a long time ago, so don’t let the price fool you. You really get your money’s worth here. I first found out about this from an old hair dresser of mine and was sold after she used it on me. It’s a putty consistency and you have to apply it on wet hair. If you want a surf/relaxed curl you can scrunch your hair and let it air dry. I do this a lot in the summer for an easy hairstyle. Another option is to comb it through, then blow dry your hair and style. The product will give your hair a bit of hold and yes…texture. It really alows you control your hair style and keep your hairstyle alive for at least two days.
5. Macadamia Healing Oil Treatment: I had a sample of this in Hawaii a few years ago and it kept my hair from becoming overly dry despite the weather. It’s a rich oil that you apply to the ends of wet hair. I love how hydrated it keeps my locks and the beautiful, slightly intoxicating scent it leaves in your hair. You can also apply a little to dry hair to smooth your ends, just don’t use too much.
6. Redken Wind Blow Dry Spray: I’m not a huge fan of strong hold hairsprays, which is why this spray has quickly become my BFF. It is a dry spray, so it won’t leave a tacky residue in your hair. Like the name says, it honestly looks like the wind has blown your hair around after using it. I love using this to finish off my hair style and give it an airy bounce. Pretty much my ideal finishing spray.
7. Teaze Comb: A must have! If my hair is ever flat, which is most of the time, I use this toward my part. A teazing ‘brush’ is so much more effective and less abrasive than a standard comb. I keep one in my purse and one in my bathroom AT ALL TIMES. Skip coffee one day and buy yourself one of these gems.
8. Got2B Volumizing Powder: If you want lasting volume, this is a must. It’s a slightly tacky powder that you pour into the roots of your hair. I rub it into my scalp and sometimes will go over it with a teasing comb for extra volume. Whenever I have an event to go to I always use this. If teasing your hair alone doesn’t do the trick, definitely try this as well. It amps up the lift like no other.
9. Herbal Essences Dry Shampoo: A surprising favorite for me this year. I wanted to include something that was easy to find at the drugstore that was also very effective. Dry shampoo’s can be tricky. Some leave a white residue, smell funky, or make your hair feel heavy. This one does everything you could want a dry shampoo to do. It takes away oil, leaves behind a refreshing smell, and adds weightless body to your hair.
10. Alterna Caviar Anti-Aging Dry Shampoo: This is usually my go-to dry shampoo. It’s a powder form which is great because it is much more gentle and safe on your hair. It’s also anti-aging and removes product build up. If you are okay with spending a little more money, I’d go with this dry shampoo.
11. Macadamia Oil Deep Repair Mask: I have tried many hair masks and this has worked the best for my hair. It is incredibly hydrating and healing. Not to mention it has the same scent the the healing oil has. I like to use this about once every two weeks to keep my hair looking and feeling it’s best.
I just got done painting my nails and was completely inspired by a new color palette for this winter. When I think of winter nails, I think dusty purples and blues, muted nudes and deep wines. I love my nails to have color and be interesting, but I also need a break from all the cherry reds I was wearing back in November and December. I rounded up my top nail colors that draw me in. These shades all have that soft vibe, and give you the feeling of cozy nights in and a shift in seasons.
Today we are talking makeup! I went through my makeup and grabbed everything that has really stood out to me this year. These are products that I love and recommend to all my friends. I also have a few extras in my YouTube video HERE. Let me know in the comments your top 2 products from 2014. I hope you all enjoy my picks!
1 – Cover FX Calming Primer: Cover FX products are always in my favorites because they packed with skin-soothing ingredients and free of nasty chemicals and irritants. Oh ya and they work! This primer in particular feels amazing when you apply it. It reduces redness and inflammation which is great after a late night or a lack of sleep. It also clarifies, brightens and evens out your skin tone.
2 – Nars Blush in Madly: This is a blush you would most likely pass by when scanning the makeup counter. It doesn’t look like much in the pan, but once you apply it, you’ll see how it transforms your complexion. That sounds a little dramatic, but I love a good blush. It’s very warm-toned and gives a sun kissed look to your cheeks without being shimmery. I also love to use this as a crease color on my lids. Nars blushes are crazy pigmented and even though they are slightly more expensive, they’ll last forever.
3 – Loreal Shocking Extensions Mascara (waterproof): I am so glad I discovered this mascara. Make sure you get the waterproof formula because it’s completely different than the original. The wand is very thin and has little spikes that separate your lashes. You can really work the wand into the base of your lashes to add both volume and length. I like applying a thickening mascara first, then layering this for crazy lift and separation.
4 – Lorac Porefection Foundation: This has become my number one foundation. It gives a flawless finish to the skin and lasts all day long. It’s packed with anti-aging ingredients like vitamins A & E, aloe leaf, lemon fruit extract and papaya fruit extract. The formula feels incredibly hydrating on the skin and also has SPF 20, always a plus! You’ll get a natural, slightly satin finish and medium to full coverage. I have a few pumps left of mine and I’m trying so hard to savor it!
5 – Mac Lipstick in Blankety: I keep this lipstick in my purse everyday. A lot of nudes pull orange on me because I have really pigmented lips. This lipstick has a slight mauve tone to it and looks true to color when on. It’s an amplified formula which is super creamy and velvety. I have over 10 different lip products in my purse, and this is always the one that ends up on my lips.
6 – Buxom Gloss in White Russian: Another purse favorite! I like to have this near me at all times. It lasts sooo long on your lips, sometimes I can’t even believe it. It is a light milky pink color and plumps up your lips a little when you have it on. It has a little bit of tack to it but feels really comfortable on the lips. This is what I use on brides because of the great staying power and universally flattering shade.
7 – Cover FX Cream Concealer: This concealer is pretty rich in texture, so you need the smallest amount when applying to your skin. I dot a little under my eyes and blend out with either my fingertips or a brush. You can also use on other areas of your face, like dark spots or blemishes. It’s also incredibly hydrating and full coverage!
8 – Mac Blush in Tenderling: Another blush that you wouldn’t look twice at. I tend to go for these muted shades of blush. Tenderling is a cool toned blush that is great for people with fair skin. It’s a rosey-nude, that compliments any makeup look. Whenever I want a very neutral face, I like to pop this on my cheeks to give a slight flush of color.
9 – Hourglass Illusion Tinted Moisturizer: The packaging has recently changed for this product but what’s inside hasn’t! I would say this is more of a foundation than tinted moisturizer. It gives amazing coverage for a ‘tinted moisturizer’ and leaves your skin looking radiant. It also has hyaluronic acid inside which plumps and tightens the skin while filling in deep wrinkles over the course of the day. Have I sold you yet? It also evens out your skin tone, adds moisture to your skin, and has SPF 15. If you want to treat yourself to a luxurious product, this is it!
10 – Benecos Eyeliner: I discovered this natural eyeliner a few years ago and it’s become a staple ever since. I have super sensitive eyes and wear contacts everyday so a lot of eyeliners smudge on my contacts or irritate my eyes throughout the day. This product is both highly pigmented and non-irritating. Black and blue are the two colors I’ve tried, and I love them both.
11 – Bite Beauty Matte Lip Crayon in Glace: So much love for this lippie! It gives the most beautiful mauve matte lip. I never was much of a matte person, but now I’m sold. Matte products typically are very drying, but this product has orange peel extract and resveratrol which keeps your lips super hydrated. Bite Beauty products are made with food-grade ingredients, so you can breath easy knowing you aren’t ingesting nasty chemicals. Every time I wear this color when when I’m with a friend, they try it on and buy it the next day. Seriously it’s that impressive. Oh and it’s water-resistant!