This Sunday was quite the day for Andrew and I! We seriously went all over the place. I am falling in love with Seattle. There is so much to do and everything is so beautiful. We first drove out to Snoqualmie Falls for a little hike. It was a gorgeous walk down to the falls. Coming from San Diego, it is so awesome being surrounded by a forest on hikes! The waterfall was so amazing. It reminded me of one we saw in Hawaii on our honeymoon. We hung out a while near the water and just enjoyed our surroundings. Like I’ve said in many posts lately, this trip is making me appreciate the beauty in little things. Well I take that back, these sights we saw were not ‘little’ but it really has been eye opening to Andrew and I both. Just driving on the freeway is so pretty.
I am so in love with this suit. It is crazy comfortable and fits me like a glove. Check out their site for some really cute suits!
After we hiked back up the path (which was super steep coming up), we drove out to Lake Union. I didn’t get any pictures, but we ate at a great seafood restaurant right on the water called Ivar’s Salmon House. I filmed the day too, so a video will be up on my channel next week. We shared the shrimp tacos and fish and chips which were amazing! Then we headed over to Gas Works Park which had the most incredible view of downtown Seattle. Overall it was a great day. There is nothing better than taking adventures with my little family.
On our way up to Seattle we had to stop in San Luis Obispo. Not only because I went to Cal Poly, but because it is such a cute town. I love all the quaint buildings and stores tucked away. If you are ever near the area you must make a pit stop to grab some food and walk through the town for a bit.
I sure love a good brick building.
Am I the only one who loves old buildings and signs?
Of course the ever famous bubblegum alley. I heard there is one here in Seattle as well, but I haven’t seen it yet. There are two ways of looking at this. 1. a really cool art piece 2. lots of germs …take your pick.
I spent way too much money in college at these cute boutiques downtown…whoops.
We also stopped by the San Simeon Bay to snap some pics and stretch our legs. Unfortunately it was pretty overcast, but still gorgeous!
Water makes everything so much prettier! I am loving living right next to the water now. PS. I am having a meet up in Seattle August 23rd so stay tuned for details!
With the Fourth of July coming quick I put together a look that I am in love with. When it comes to holidays I never like to go over the top. Instead, I will pick one festive item that can by styled down. Here I found a pair of laid back denim shorts with a flag print. To keep this look very hippie casual, I paired some vans and woven bracelets. I am loving backpacks right now. They are so easy to throw over any outfit for an effortless appearance. You can also stuff it with all your beach/lake/river essentials!! Last make sure you have a great suit and some fun shades!
With summer right around the corner I thought I would round up my top picks for the beach, river, or lake. Basically, if there is water involved, here is what you should bring! Plus, I am heading out to the river this weekend so it felt very relevant. One of my favorite things about Southern California is living near the beach and being able to drive out the Colorado River in under 5 hours. Let me know in the comments some of your picks too!
1. Cheap Sunglasses: Ya that’s right, I said cheap. I lost a pair of expensive sunnies at the river one year, and will never bring back a super nice pair. Plus they are going to get sandy and wet!
2. Spray-on Aloe: This is genius! I spray this on my face after I get out of the sun. It instantly hydrates my parched skin.
3. Leave-In Conditioner: This one is great because it has UV protectants which really helps to protect your hair. Spray in a leave-in before you get in the pool so your hair doesn’t absorb all the chemicals (or just get your hair wet first in the shower, then hop in). I also spray this in after I swim in the ocean. It works great at getting rid of tangles.
4. Panama Hat: If you want extra sun protection or just want to look extra chic, bring yourself a hat. I have been loving the look of panama hats lately.
5. Lip Balm with SPF: A MUST! I cannot tell you how many times my lips have been burned because I put on chapstick without an SPF.
6. Tote Bag: I like finding a bag that can work at the beach, but also be functional if I go out lunch or shopping after.
7. After Sun Lotion: Okay, sure you can use any lotion, but this is way better! This has organic aloe vera and almond butter with glittering particles of natural minerals that creates an amazing glow to the skin!
8. Organic Spray Suncreen: Once you use a spray sunscreen, it’s impossible to go back! This one is organic and smells like a citrus dream!
9. Comfy Flip Flops: Havaianas are the best. Find some flippys that work if you get them wet. Wearing some in a bright color always helps too!