Life has changed quite a bit recently. With the birth of our twin girls, my days are now consumed with feeding, burping and changing on repeat. But I wouldn’t have it any other way! Because of my lack of free time, I have had to alter my beauty routine quite a bit. I still like to take some time each day to freshen myself up so I feel alive, but the amount of products I use is less than before. I now try to be more efficient but still savor those moments I have to myself. All the products I have to mention are from Marshalls. I found some amazing items the last time I was there and I have been using them close to every day since.
The first area I always focus on is the skin. If your skin looks good, your makeup will look much better. Two products I have been loving are the Tiaki Face Serum and the By Nature Eye Crème. Serums are wonderful to pump your skin with nutrients and add moisture at the same time. This one in particular is lightweight yet still very hydrating. It also leaves your skin looking fresh and dewy. The second product that is a must with newborns is an eye cream! I enjoy this one because it targets dark circles. With less sleep at night comes tired undereyes. Make sure to dot on a little eye cream morning and night to keep them looking bright and awake.
Next up is makeup. To cut down on my time I use fewer products on my face. I usually start out with a lightweight BB Cream to even out my skin tone. After that I’ll apply a small amount of powder so it will last. Next, I go in with bronzer to warm up my complexion. I honestly think bronzer is essential these days. I haven’t been outside much so I count on bronzer to give my skin some life and dimension. This one from Bobbi Brown is great for an all over bronze or to contour your features. Last is highlighter. I’ve been loving Laura Geller’s Gilded Honey applied to the high points of my face. It adds almost a ‘wet’ look to your skin. Highlighter is a product that will always make you feel so much better! I also found these brushes at Marshalls and they are awesome. Make sure to check out all their brush kits, they usually have a lot of great options.
Nothing says pampering more than taking a bath. No matter how busy I get I find that there is always time for a 20 minute bath. Load up the bubbles, add some salts and light a candle. A bubble bath is a great way to unwind and relax your body. A good time of day for me is after my husband comes home from work and after we have eaten dinner. I typically put the girls down around 7:00 so there are a few hours of calm. I check out for about 30 minutes, find a good YouTube video to watch and try to savor those quiet moments soaking in the tub. I had to share these bath salts I found because I can’t get over how beautiful the packaging is. The brand is Alchemy Studio and I also have their hand soap, which is equally as pretty!
So even with newborn twins, it is possible to find a little time for yourself! I think it’s important to pamper yourself a little bit to make up for the clothes covered in spit up!
Happy Monday everyone! I had a busy weekend. We went to visit our friends who just had a baby and spent the morning with them. Afterwards we drove out to Julian to explore the town a little since Andrew and I haven’t been there before. It was super cute, and super small. We had some coffee and pie which was delicious. We also did a little antique shopping, which has become my new obsession. It is so satisfying when you find something so unique. There is this place on the way out to Julian that is called The Barn I believe. It was so great. I got a few old books and another milk glass vase. On Sunday we drove up to Newport to watch the Hawks game with a friend. What a crazy game! If you watched it, you know what I mean!
Today’s outfit is so warm and cozy. I love starting with neutral colors and then adding in pops of color with my accessories. I have been wearing beanies practically everyday. They keep me nice and warm, and also look super cute. My scarf and top are currently on sale at Loft so hurry before they are gone! They are linked down below! Have a great week guys!
It is officially time to start holiday shopping! I am going to be posting a series of gift guides to help you through this holiday season. I’m starting off with stocking stuffers. These are smaller items that are fine to gift alone or add to any other gift. Can I put these on my wish list as well?! Also I’ll have a post on Black Friday with all the great deals going on so don’t miss out on that! Happy Shopping!
Hey guys! So I posted a video on my channel, you can watch that HERE all about Cover FX’s foundations. You all know I use these most days and I get a lot of questions asking which one I like the best. The truth is, it depends on what kind of makeup look I want that day. If I want a full face of makeup that will hold up all day, or just a light application for running errands. I made this video to help you differentiate them from one another in terms of the finish and amount of coverage they give. Check down below for a condensed version of each of these products. I’ll let you know why I use different ones for different occasions.
All Cover FX product are free of the inflammatory 5: gluten, mineral oil, talc, parabens and fragrance.
1. BB Gel Mattifying Anti-Blemish Treatment: This BB Gel feels super lightweight on the skin. It gives medium coverage and leaves a matte finish. So if you have oily or acne-prone skin you would love this. There is 1% salicylic treatment, so it helps heal and prevent blemishes while you wear it. This is my go-to when my skin is acting up, especially during hormonal breakouts. It also has thyme extract to help clarify the skin and EVERMAT to reduce pore size and control shine.
2. Pressed Mineral Foundation: I’m more of a liquid foundation type of gal, so I use this to set my other foundations. But if you prefer powder foundation, then this will be great for you! It gives a natural matte finish and provides sheer to buildable coverage. There is amazonian clay to help absorb excess oil and control shine along with green tea leaf extract to calm the skin.
3. Total Cover Cream Foundation: If you are looking for total coverage this is for you! It is a foundation and concealer in one so you can apply all over and then spot treat for more coverage. This has SPF 30 but it still photographs beautifully. I always use this on brides because it gives a natural radiant finish that holds up all day long and feels light on the skin. This foundation also has vitamin E to provide antioxidant protection and promote skin cell renewal. Also, this is good for any skin types, especially sensitive.
4. Natural Finish Oil Free Foundation: This foundation is great for those of you with normal to dry skin. It gives a satin/dewy finish and will last all day long! I find this foundation to be very hydrating and it’s also anti-aging which is always a plus! Since I find this formula to be pretty rich, I like to mix in a drop or two of my Custom Infusion Drops to sheer it out a bit. I’ve been wearing this foundation basically all month!
Let me know if you use any of Cover FX’s foundations, and which are your favorites!
It is finally flannel weather! Well almost. I feel like I’ll wake up to overcast weather and then midday I’ll already be in shorts! Not okay! I wanted to pair some fun new pieces I recently got and put together a classic fall look. I’m currently really into destroyed denim and booties. I guess I’m always into booties, BUT I have been loving the combo lately. And this new camel bag is so nice! It fits a ton of stuff and I’m digging the color. I hope you all enjoy this look!
Hey guys! Today I have some of my favorite products to transition your look into fall. I love warm eye shadows, a bronzed face and some berry or red lips. I put together a list of some products I have been especially loving this month. (I know you will too!) Let me know what type of makeup look you love this time of year in the comments!
1. Urban Decay Lipstick in Rapture: This is the perfect nude lip for fall. I am definitely over those concealer-nude lips and now my go-to nude is more of a mauve/taupe color. This is such a flattering shade on so many skintones. It completes your makeup, while still being understated. A must for this time of year!
2. Benefit Roller Lash Mascara: Don’t even get me started on this mascara. Since first using this, I have not found anything better. I love it because it holds my curl and does not transfer! I absolutely hate when my mascara leaves little black dots under my eyes. This will stay put all day long and it isn’t hard to wash off either. I find the Benefit They’re Real a pain to get off at night, but this one comes off great with my cleansing oil. I will continue to buy this over and over!
3. Cover FX Bronzer in Suntan: What I love about this bronzer is the perfect tone it has. Not too muddy, but not too orange. It’s beautiful at warming up your skin tone or contouring. Since it’s matte, it’s pretty hard to go overboard.
4. Smashbox Lipstick in Bing: Such a fun red lip. It has a light cherry tone to it which really is my favorite type of red. It is a little easier to wear and not so vampy. This lipstick dries to a nice satin/matte finish. Super pretty!
5. Butter London Polish in Fancy: I love muted colors on the nails for fall. They look polished (no pun intended) and pair nicely with most outfits. This lilac color is everything!
6. Kevyn Aucoin Eye Liner in Black: My eyes are really sensitive and this is pretty much the only liner I can use that won’t irritate them. It is totally waterproof and extremely creamy, which makes it perfect for the waterline.
7. It Cosmetics Ombre Blush in Sugar Plum: I love a mauve cheek in the fall. It really warms up the complexion and gives a modern feel to any makeup look. Sometimes purple blushes can look intimidating in the pan, but when you apply them to the cheeks they sheer out a lot. Give it a try this season!
8. Cover FX Natural Finish Foundation in N30: I’ve been wearing this foundation almost every day this month. It is very full coverage so when I want to sheer it out a bit, I’ll mix in a drop of my Custom Infusion Drops. If you have normal to dry skin you’ll love this. It gives a satin/dewy finish and lasts all day long!
9. It Cosmetics Naturally Pretty Eye Shadow Palette: Oh my word. This is basically my ideal eye shadow palette. There are 14 (14!!!) beautiful, pigmented matte colors, and 1 nude shimmer. I love the variety of shades, from warm coppers to cooler mauves. Honestly this is a do-all palette. I really could live with this palette and nothing else. That is saying a lot!
10. It Cosmetics Lip Liner in Perfect Red: Like the name, this liner really is the perfect red. It never bleeds on me, lasts a long time and is a creamy texture! Also after applying, it sets nicely on your lips.
11. Maybelline Fit Me Concealer: I love how this concealer sets on the skin. It doesn’t lay in fine lines or cake up throughout the day. I swear it actually looks pretty when you apply it, I know that sounds weird, but it is super flawless. I really get a tone of coverage with this and it’s perfect for blemishes!
Hey guys! Long time no talk! Today I have a skincare review on the company Radical Skincare. I have been using three of their products for about two months now and wanted to give you the low down on each of them. Their products are paraben, phthalate and sulfate free. I have pretty sensitive skin, especially with anti-aging products, and these have not made me break out at all! This makes me super excited because I REALLY want to start upping my anti-aging game but most are super rich and break me out. I also just posted my evening skincare routine on my YouTube channel so you can watch that HERE.
1. Instant Revitalizing Mask: My new love. This is seriously the coolest mask I have ever tried. And I have tried a lot of masks. So you apply it to the skin and it looks like a serum. Once you start rubbing it in it turns into more of a white paste. THEN, it starts foaming around the areas that need extra help on your skin. I find that it foams a lot by my nose, forehead (hello forehead lines that I’m not such a fan of!), and also my chin. Basically most people’s trouble areas. After washing off, my skin looks much brighter than before and it feels firmer and super hydrated. You will honestly glow afterward. Two thumbs up! If you want to watch it in action, check out my skincare video.
2. Age-Defying Pads: These little suckers are super effective. They are pads that you apply after cleansing the skin. Just like the mask, you will notice your skin instantly looks much brighter. I only use these every few days because they are full of AHA and BHA acid, making them pretty potent. They help support natural cell turnover, which slows down the aging process. If you are looking to tighten and firm your skin, and minimize the look of your pores and fine lines, these pads are for you!!!
3. Youth Infusion Serum: Last but not least, is this little but mighty serum. This serum is ultra hydrating and really does a great job and rejuvenating the skin. It leaves your skin looking brighter, smoother and gives a youthful glow to the skin. There is algae extract inside which tightens the appearance of skin, protects from oxidative stress, along with antioxidants and skin soothing agents to deeply hydrate, reduces redness, and calm inflammation. I mean…basically everything you want in one product.
Overall, I have been super impressed with the few products I have tried out so far. If you have been on the fence for this line I would definitely suggest trying it out for yourself. Each product has really brightened up my complexion and smoothed out my skin. Let me know if you have tried any other products from this company! Thanks for stopping by and have an awesome day!
Happy Tuesday! Today I have an outfit to share that is perfect for summer. I’m slightly obsessed with rompers. Does anyone else feel like a child when they wear them? Haha..they are so comfy it’s awesome. This romper is from Fashion Nova, and I love the details on it. The brown leather straps and white embroidery make it really unique. I love adding wedges to either a romper or sundress because they are still extremely comfortable but make the outfit more dressed up. But when I am doing something more low key I’ll just wear flip flops or some sandals. And like always I’m wearing a gold watch and lots of beaded bracelets. I get a lot of questions where I get them from and they are all from different brands so it’s hard to say sometimes. But in general, if I see beaded bracelets, I’m down!
Hey guys! Long time no talk! Andrew and I have finally started to settled down in our new house. I just got a desk so now I feel like I can start getting back to a normal schedule. I’m so excited to share some home decor posts on my blog. I will have a lot of before and after pictures! With the weather getting warmer I have a hair tutorial that is perfect for summer days. Even though I do my hair like this pretty much year round! Beach waves have been my go-to for a long time now. I honestly feel most myself when my hair is wavy. I love to style my hair with these curls because they look completely effortless and last a few days. Watch the video for a step by step how to! You can also shop the products I used below.
Disclosure: This post and video were sponsored by ShopStyle through their partnership with POPSUGAR Select. While I was compensated to write a post and create a How-To video, all opinions are my own.
Hey guys! For those of you who haven’t heard yet, Cover FX just launched a new product call Custom Cover Drops. Basically, they are pure pigments that you mix with any liquid product, to create a custom foundation. Some things you can mix it with are primers, serums, facial oils or moisturizers. The finish that you get depends on what product you mix it with. The same goes for the coverage, the more drops you add, the more coverage you get. I have been loving experimenting with these drops and being my own mixologist. Let me know if you have tried these out yet in the comments! You can watch my video below to see what they look like applied to the skin.