If you are into using natural products like myself, making things is your best bet! This scrub is as pure as it gets, and super easy. You only need three ingredients and most are probably already in your pantry. I started off intending this to be a face scrub, but now I think I like it more on my body. I have been using this in the shower all over my body and then apply what’s remaining to my face. You can use a variety of ingredients for scrubs, but I’ll tell you why I specifically chose these three.
MANUKA HONEY: This bottle of honey is pure gold. Honey has anti-bacterial properties, which makes it great at cleansing your skin and getting rid of all the gunk that has accumulated in your pores throughout the day. It is also very hydrating and soothing to the skin. After using honey on your face you will notice the texture of your skin will even out over time, and your breakouts will decrease.
OLIVE OIL: I love using olive oil on my face because it is incredibly hydrating and gentle. No matter what your skin type is, olive oil will work for you. I love the feeling my skin has after using this scrub. I rarely need to use a lotion afterward because of how moisturized my skin is.
SUGAR: Raw cane sugar is a great base for any scrub. It does a great job at exfoliating your skin, but is still gentle enough to use on your face.
I fill my jar pretty full with sugar, a few dashes of olive oil and a spoonful of honey. You can vary the amounts depending on how thick your want yours. Watch my video below to see me mix and apply the scrub!
Oil Cleansing is great at removing all your makeup and deep cleaning your skin. I usually do this once a week, but you can definitely do this more often if you want. If you wear a lot of makeup everyday, this will really help to get everything off at night. What I love about oil cleansing, is that most of these products are already in your pantry. When I first started using oils to cleanse, I would mix them in a little tupperware bowl. Now I use a glass dropper bottle, but you can use whatever you have on hand. Now let me try to convince you to use this method yourself, because it’s freaking amazing and your skin will thank me. You can watch my video down below to learn more about this super easy and awesome way to clean your skin!
1. This is way safer than drugstore or high end makeup removers/cleansers. This is as pure as you can get.
2. When you use this on a regular basis, you will see your amount of breakouts significantly drop or completely disappear.
3. This will serve as your makeup remover, cleanser, and moisturizer so you’ll save yourself some time at night.
4. The oils will extract any dirt, build-up, and makeup that accumulated over the day way more effectively than a typical cleanser.
Castor oil is a great oil to begin with. Use more if you have oily skin, and less if you have dry skin. Then find an oil below to mix with it. I like using 2 parts olive oil and 1 part castor oil. You can also add a little vitamin E to your mixture.
Avocado Oil (dry and aging skin)
Sweet Almond Oil (all skin types, especially oily)
Marsala is the color of the year for 2015. I have always been a huge fan of shades like this. A warm neutral with a twist is how I see this pinky/red tone. My favorite way to incorporate this color is through makeup. I think this shade compliments so many skin tones. It looks beautiful on the lids, cheeks and lips. I would definitely suggest playing with colors like this on your face one day and see if you like it. Accessories in this shade are also an easy way to switch up your look. It has a little more interest than a tan or brown bag, but still works with so many other colors. Let me know what you would be most likely to pick up in the new marsala shade below!
It is kiiinda starting to feel like fall. The mornings and evenings are definitely cooler, but the afternoons are still really warm. So my way of feeling like the seasons are changing is to layer. I can get away with wearing my summer dresses if I just add in some tights. Plus, I am so pasty white I can’t handle to see too much skin. Another thing I am loving is leather, lots of it. I usually would wear my black leather booties, but I need to step away from them and give them a break! So I added in my fab booties by Jeffrey Campbell to spice up this look. I hope you are all having a wonderful month. Can you believe it is almost November? Unreal. Talk soon guys!
necklace: forever 21 (similar)
shoes: jeffrey campbell
Happy Wednesday everyone! Today I have a complete get ready with me video for you. I share with you how I’ve been doing my hair and makeup a lot lately. I hope you all enjoy this video and thanks so much for stopping by! Make sure to subscribe to my youtube channel for more videos! (all products I used are listed below)
Get a free Kevyn Aucoin deluxe sample eye liner with any full size purchase of a Kevyn Aucoin product HERE
Awesome deluxe samples HERE
What I used on my face:
Sappho Foundation in Rachel
Sigma F84 Angled
Mac Painterly Paint Pot
Maybelline Age Rewind Concealer in Light
Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Dim Light
Hourglass Arch in Blonde
Too Faced Cat Eyes Palette
Mac e/s in Brulee Texture, & Soft Brown
Everyday Minerals Calm and Collected Skin Tint
Tarte Blush in Exposed
Cover FX Sunlight
Kevyn Aucoin Liquid Liner
Kevyn Aucoin Eye Liner
Kevyn Aucoin Curling Mascara
Kevyn Aucoin Eyelash Curler
Gerard Cosmetics 1995 (use code VWK for a discount!!!)
Marvelous Moxie Lipstick in Be Free
Nume Titan 3 (in black)
– Use the code “doubledip” to get ANY styling set for $99 + free argan oil + free shipping to US!
– Use the code “kendra60” to get 60% off the entire NuMe site + free shipping to US!
Big Sexy Hair Get Layered
<meta name=”p:domain_verify” content=”693f70117b8b4c034486f468dc85ee9e”/>
I have been using some new Too Faced products this month and wanted to give you all a full review on each product. I have used the bronzer before, but everything else was new to me. Let me know in the comments what other Too Faced products you love! I am also giving away a ‘Better Than Sex’ mascara. Rules will be listed down below!
1. Cat Eyes Eye Shadow Palette: Too Faced has some of the best eyeshadows. They are super buttery and highly pigmented. I have been using the top three shades of this palette the most because I am a big neutral girl. The brown on the top middle is perfect for all over the lid. This is a great palette to get if you are a makeup junkie and are looking for something fun to add to your collection. This isn’t great for traveling because I prefer more matte colors, however you can always get away with using your bronzer for a crease color. The three darkest shades can also be worn wet for more pigment!
2. Hangover Primer: This is the most hydrating primer I’ve ever used. Honestly, the title is perfect. You really get an instant pick me up from the sweet coconut scent and dewy finish it gives the skin. It also helps to brighten and smooth the skin. This is a must this winter..and all year round!
3. Beter Than Sex Mascara: This is a particularly wet mascara. If you like a lot of volume then you will like this. You do have to work with it a little and get used to the wand, but I’ve been really liking it. It’s also great for layering. I’ll apply this first, then a separating mascara after. Extra bonus, it won’t make your lashes crunchy!
4. Melted Long Wear Lipstick in Melted Fig: The perfect purple-y lip color. I love the formula of this product, it literally melts into your lips. These have the staying power of a stain, the pigment of a lipstick, and the shine of a gloss. I really want to try more colors because every time I use this I am super impressed.
5. Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer: I have been using this bronzer for the longest time. It comes in two shades, this one is the darker one. I like this shade because it works great for contouring. It is matte, so you don’t have to worry about it making your skin look muddy. It also smells of chocolate, which is obviously amazing.
GIVEAWAY::Better Than Sex Mascara
-“LIKE” my Facebook Page vlogwithkendra
-Subscribe to my YouTube Channel vlogwithkendra
-Follow my Instagram withkendra & leave a comment on the picture of the Too Faced mascara telling me something on your makeup wishlist.
-Ends October 14th // International
Hey guys! I hope you are all having a productive week. I can’t believe it’s already Thursday. I need more hours in the day!! So today we are talking hair and body care. I recently started trying out products from Just Natural and am loving everything so far. I want to try more now, even though I do not need any more products in my bathroom! All the products are alcohol free, cruelty free, gluten free, handmade fresh, made in the USA, natural, organic, no gmo’s, paraben free, sulfate free, and vegan. I mean common!!! So I wanted to go over each product I have been using and let you know some of the skin care benefits each has. Also, let me know in the comments if you have tried other products from the line.
1. Vinegar Rinse Cleanser: So happy I found this. I use a lot of products in my hair, and I haven’t been using any clarifying shampoo’s lately. I have always heard that apple cider vinegar is great for getting product build-up out of your hair, but am too lazy to make my own concoction. When I saw that Just Natural carried this, it was the first thing on my wish list. It gets rid of any build up in your hair from the environment, minerals from your water and hair products. It basically detoxifies the barrier of residue on your hair leaving your hair much more soft and super shiny. Each and every one of you needs this in your shower!
2. Shampoo (Thicker Hair): Who doesn’t want thicker hair? Okay, I guess some people don’t. But I am always teasing my hair to give it more volume and lift. This is a great shampoo because it doesn’t way your hair down. I have been using the Dermorganic shampoo for a long time now, but it’s nice to switch off with this one because of how lightweight it is. It contains burdock extract, vitamin b5, rice protein and camellia seed oil which help to strengthen, prevent damage, add body, strength, softness, radiance, and flexibility to the hair. All things that we are all in need of!
3. Leave-in Conditioner: This is very rich cream so you need the tiniest amount. I use this on my ends to help add extra hydration as my hair dries. Most products that contain chemicals just lay on your hair and don’t really sink into the strands. This on the other hand, actually penetrates in the hair with natural fruit extracts, oils and butters. It is full of pure ingredients like babassu oil, fenugreek, calendula and horsetail extracts, that help strengthen and moisturize your
hair. Hello radiance!
4. Manuka Acne Treatment: So I rarely use the words ‘holy grail’ but I think the time has come. This miracle in a bottle is unreal. I had a few pimples on my forehead one night and put a little of this oil on overnight. When I woke up they were almost completely gone. They had shrunk in size and were much less red. Then by the end of the day, they were gone! What!? The manuka oil is anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial and also has antimicrobial properties that penetrate to
unblock pores. Plus, karanja and red thyme naturally improve and restore the skin. Just get yourself a little jar and see the results for yourself!
5. Natural Body Cream: This is some thick cream! If you get super dry in the colder months this will really help you out. It contains macadamia oil and illipe butter to provide deep hydration and smoothness. I keep this on my bedside table and use right when I get out of the shower. It feels like butter putting on, and my skin drinks it up. Say goodbye to cracked knees and ankles. Okay that sounded gross, but it’s true.
6. Natural Body Wash: (Skin Calming): If you are looking for a pure and hydrating shower gel you will love this. It has aloe vera, licorice extract and sea buckthorn oil which are all incredibly moisturizing and soothing to the skin. It’s also packed with omega rich oils, vitamins and protein to renew your skin. This one has an herbally scent which is what I gravitate toward. If you walk into Aveda stores and find yourself inhaling deeply, I’m right there with you. This has earned a spot in my shower this fall and I am thoroughly enjoying it!
Now I want to go take a shower after writing this!
With fall coming up it’s super important to keep your skin hydrated. My skin is starting to feel slightly dryer as the weather is beginning to change and I am so ready for cooler weather! I have listed each step I have been taking before I go to bed at night. Each of these products does a great job at keeping my skin clear, even and hydrated. Check below for links and more details on each product.
One Love Organics Skin Savor Waterless Multi-Balm– This product can be used for so many things, which makes it worth the money. You can use this as a hair tamer, illuminizer, makeup remover, moisturizer, pomade..the list goes on. I prefer using it as a makeup remover. All you do is rub some product onto your eyes and face and your makeup will melt away. With ingredients like mango butter, vitamin e, jojoba oil, and orange peel wax you can imagine how luxurious it smells and feels.
Sibu Cleanser– I use this immediately after I remove my makeup. It gets the remainder off and then gives your skin a great cleanse. Sibu products have sea buckthorn seed oil in them, which has done amazing things for my skin. This cleanser has been my favorite for over a year, so I think that speaks for itself!
Murad Transforming Powder– If I want to give my face a deep clean, I will follow up with a scrub. This one by Murad is a powder, so you add water to it to form a paste. This is a great product for sensitive and acne prone skin because it is very gentle, but very effective.
Just Natural Acne Manuka Oil Treatment– If I have any pimples, I will apply this as a spot treatment. I swear by oils for clearing up acne. This oil in particular has karanja and camellia oils that are lightweight and antibacterial. The first night I used this, I had two pimples smack dab in the middle of my forehead. I applied a few drops of this on the area before bed and when I woke up, the spots were significantly reduced. Hello new best friend.
Andalou Naturals 1000 Roses Moroccan Beauty Oil– When I want to both heal and treat my skin at night, I slather on an oil. I’ve been obsessed with this one by Andalou. The subtle rose scent is so relaxing and the oil itself does a great job at making my skin look plump and even when I wake up in the morning. It is full of tannins and polyphenols which helps to tighten the skin.
Andalou Naturals 1000 Roses Mask– If I feel my skin needs some extra love, I will use a mask after I wash my face. The scent of this is beyond words. It is loaded with pomegranate that tones and hyaluronic acid and aloe vera for extra hydration.
Sorry for being MIA this week! I am swamped with things to do. I’m heading to New York on Friday and then my mom and one of my friends is visiting next week so I am trying to get ahead! I wanted to let you all know about the giveaway running on my channel this week. You still have a few days to enter so hurry hurry! Most of the items were in the goody bags I passed out during my meet up. I hope you all enjoy!
Nars Dual Intensity Eyeshadow in Callisto
Hourglass Arch in Blonde
Cover FX Mattifying Anti-Acne Primer
Sigma Eyeshadow in Muse
Sigma Eye Shadow Base in Pursue
Gressa Rejuvenating Mist
Gressa Purifying Oil
Gressa Bare Lip Boost
Agave Restorative Hydrating Mask
Agave Revitalizing Shine Spray
GIVEAWAY RULES: (18 years old or older // U.S. only // Open until Sunday, Sept. 14th)
***LET ME KNOW YOUR USERNAME ON EACH IN THE COMMENT SECTION
-Subscribe to ‘vlogwithkendra‘
-Follow ‘withkendra’ on Instagram
-Follow ‘@withkendra’ on Twitter
-Like ‘vlogwithkendra’ on Facebook
(sorry if you don’t have one of these social media sites, but you must complete each step to enter this giveaway)