Life has changed quite a bit recently. With the birth of our twin girls, my days are now consumed with feeding, burping and changing on repeat. But I wouldn’t have it any other way! Because of my lack of free time, I have had to alter my beauty routine quite a bit. I still like to take some time each day to freshen myself up so I feel alive, but the amount of products I use is less than before. I now try to be more efficient but still savor those moments I have to myself. All the products I have to mention are from Marshalls. I found some amazing items the last time I was there and I have been using them close to every day since.
The first area I always focus on is the skin. If your skin looks good, your makeup will look much better. Two products I have been loving are the Tiaki Face Serum and the By Nature Eye Crème. Serums are wonderful to pump your skin with nutrients and add moisture at the same time. This one in particular is lightweight yet still very hydrating. It also leaves your skin looking fresh and dewy. The second product that is a must with newborns is an eye cream! I enjoy this one because it targets dark circles. With less sleep at night comes tired undereyes. Make sure to dot on a little eye cream morning and night to keep them looking bright and awake.
Next up is makeup. To cut down on my time I use fewer products on my face. I usually start out with a lightweight BB Cream to even out my skin tone. After that I’ll apply a small amount of powder so it will last. Next, I go in with bronzer to warm up my complexion. I honestly think bronzer is essential these days. I haven’t been outside much so I count on bronzer to give my skin some life and dimension. This one from Bobbi Brown is great for an all over bronze or to contour your features. Last is highlighter. I’ve been loving Laura Geller’s Gilded Honey applied to the high points of my face. It adds almost a ‘wet’ look to your skin. Highlighter is a product that will always make you feel so much better! I also found these brushes at Marshalls and they are awesome. Make sure to check out all their brush kits, they usually have a lot of great options.
Nothing says pampering more than taking a bath. No matter how busy I get I find that there is always time for a 20 minute bath. Load up the bubbles, add some salts and light a candle. A bubble bath is a great way to unwind and relax your body. A good time of day for me is after my husband comes home from work and after we have eaten dinner. I typically put the girls down around 7:00 so there are a few hours of calm. I check out for about 30 minutes, find a good YouTube video to watch and try to savor those quiet moments soaking in the tub. I had to share these bath salts I found because I can’t get over how beautiful the packaging is. The brand is Alchemy Studio and I also have their hand soap, which is equally as pretty!
So even with newborn twins, it is possible to find a little time for yourself! I think it’s important to pamper yourself a little bit to make up for the clothes covered in spit up!
Hey guys! Today I have some of my favorite products to transition your look into fall. I love warm eye shadows, a bronzed face and some berry or red lips. I put together a list of some products I have been especially loving this month. (I know you will too!) Let me know what type of makeup look you love this time of year in the comments!
1. Urban Decay Lipstick in Rapture: This is the perfect nude lip for fall. I am definitely over those concealer-nude lips and now my go-to nude is more of a mauve/taupe color. This is such a flattering shade on so many skintones. It completes your makeup, while still being understated. A must for this time of year!
2. Benefit Roller Lash Mascara: Don’t even get me started on this mascara. Since first using this, I have not found anything better. I love it because it holds my curl and does not transfer! I absolutely hate when my mascara leaves little black dots under my eyes. This will stay put all day long and it isn’t hard to wash off either. I find the Benefit They’re Real a pain to get off at night, but this one comes off great with my cleansing oil. I will continue to buy this over and over!
3. Cover FX Bronzer in Suntan: What I love about this bronzer is the perfect tone it has. Not too muddy, but not too orange. It’s beautiful at warming up your skin tone or contouring. Since it’s matte, it’s pretty hard to go overboard.
4. Smashbox Lipstick in Bing: Such a fun red lip. It has a light cherry tone to it which really is my favorite type of red. It is a little easier to wear and not so vampy. This lipstick dries to a nice satin/matte finish. Super pretty!
5. Butter London Polish in Fancy: I love muted colors on the nails for fall. They look polished (no pun intended) and pair nicely with most outfits. This lilac color is everything!
6. Kevyn Aucoin Eye Liner in Black: My eyes are really sensitive and this is pretty much the only liner I can use that won’t irritate them. It is totally waterproof and extremely creamy, which makes it perfect for the waterline.
7. It Cosmetics Ombre Blush in Sugar Plum: I love a mauve cheek in the fall. It really warms up the complexion and gives a modern feel to any makeup look. Sometimes purple blushes can look intimidating in the pan, but when you apply them to the cheeks they sheer out a lot. Give it a try this season!
8. Cover FX Natural Finish Foundation in N30: I’ve been wearing this foundation almost every day this month. It is very full coverage so when I want to sheer it out a bit, I’ll mix in a drop of my Custom Infusion Drops. If you have normal to dry skin you’ll love this. It gives a satin/dewy finish and lasts all day long!
9. It Cosmetics Naturally Pretty Eye Shadow Palette: Oh my word. This is basically my ideal eye shadow palette. There are 14 (14!!!) beautiful, pigmented matte colors, and 1 nude shimmer. I love the variety of shades, from warm coppers to cooler mauves. Honestly this is a do-all palette. I really could live with this palette and nothing else. That is saying a lot!
10. It Cosmetics Lip Liner in Perfect Red: Like the name, this liner really is the perfect red. It never bleeds on me, lasts a long time and is a creamy texture! Also after applying, it sets nicely on your lips.
11. Maybelline Fit Me Concealer: I love how this concealer sets on the skin. It doesn’t lay in fine lines or cake up throughout the day. I swear it actually looks pretty when you apply it, I know that sounds weird, but it is super flawless. I really get a tone of coverage with this and it’s perfect for blemishes!
Hey guys! Long time no talk! Today I have a skincare review on the company Radical Skincare. I have been using three of their products for about two months now and wanted to give you the low down on each of them. Their products are paraben, phthalate and sulfate free. I have pretty sensitive skin, especially with anti-aging products, and these have not made me break out at all! This makes me super excited because I REALLY want to start upping my anti-aging game but most are super rich and break me out. I also just posted my evening skincare routine on my YouTube channel so you can watch that HERE.
1. Instant Revitalizing Mask: My new love. This is seriously the coolest mask I have ever tried. And I have tried a lot of masks. So you apply it to the skin and it looks like a serum. Once you start rubbing it in it turns into more of a white paste. THEN, it starts foaming around the areas that need extra help on your skin. I find that it foams a lot by my nose, forehead (hello forehead lines that I’m not such a fan of!), and also my chin. Basically most people’s trouble areas. After washing off, my skin looks much brighter than before and it feels firmer and super hydrated. You will honestly glow afterward. Two thumbs up! If you want to watch it in action, check out my skincare video.
2. Age-Defying Pads: These little suckers are super effective. They are pads that you apply after cleansing the skin. Just like the mask, you will notice your skin instantly looks much brighter. I only use these every few days because they are full of AHA and BHA acid, making them pretty potent. They help support natural cell turnover, which slows down the aging process. If you are looking to tighten and firm your skin, and minimize the look of your pores and fine lines, these pads are for you!!!
3. Youth Infusion Serum: Last but not least, is this little but mighty serum. This serum is ultra hydrating and really does a great job and rejuvenating the skin. It leaves your skin looking brighter, smoother and gives a youthful glow to the skin. There is algae extract inside which tightens the appearance of skin, protects from oxidative stress, along with antioxidants and skin soothing agents to deeply hydrate, reduces redness, and calm inflammation. I mean…basically everything you want in one product.
Overall, I have been super impressed with the few products I have tried out so far. If you have been on the fence for this line I would definitely suggest trying it out for yourself. Each product has really brightened up my complexion and smoothed out my skin. Let me know if you have tried any other products from this company! Thanks for stopping by and have an awesome day!
So last week we talked about makeup, today is all about hair! 2014 was definitely a year of collecting hair products. From hairspray to masks, I have gone on a rampage testing out a bazillion products. I love working with hair products in place of hot tools. They are a great way to give your hair a break from the heat and amp up your style. I mean, I couldn’t live without dry shampoo. I try to go two days without washing my hair. When I tell most people this, they look at me with disgust…seriously. But it has made my hair so healthy and it grows way faster then before. I also rarely dye my hair now. Honestly, for the past three years I have been dying my hair once a year. I usually get balayage and ombre highlights put it and let my hair grown out naturally. I don’t touch my roots ever. My auburn is getting a lot darker these days and I’m trying to embrace the darker hue and resist going lighter. Okay now on to some hair products that I couldn’t live without. (To see more info on these products, watch my video HERE!)
1. DermOrganic Shampoo & Masque: This has been the one shampoo/conditioner that has really stood out to me this year. It is packed with effective yet natural ingredients, and keeps my hair incredibly healthy and shiny. I love that is has argan oil inside which is great at adding moisture, but it never weighs my hair down. I order mine off Vitacost, but I always see them at Marshalls and Tjmaxx.
2. Giovanni Natural Mousse: What I love most about this mousse, is how you can’t feel it when applied to your hair. It is so lightweight but still adds so much volume and bounce. I use one to two pumps and apply to wet hair. When I blow-dry, I always notice a difference in how much lift my hair has. Another bonus is that it’s made with natural and safe ingredients.
3. Alterna Beach Sun-Recovery Spray: This is my go-to leave-in conditioner, and has been for a few years. It leaves my hair feeling incredibly soft and it smells so fruity and delicious. This is great year round, but especially in the summer when your hair is extra dry and brittle.
4. Bumble and Bumble Texture: Oldie but a goodie. I got this such a long time ago, so don’t let the price fool you. You really get your money’s worth here. I first found out about this from an old hair dresser of mine and was sold after she used it on me. It’s a putty consistency and you have to apply it on wet hair. If you want a surf/relaxed curl you can scrunch your hair and let it air dry. I do this a lot in the summer for an easy hairstyle. Another option is to comb it through, then blow dry your hair and style. The product will give your hair a bit of hold and yes…texture. It really alows you control your hair style and keep your hairstyle alive for at least two days.
5. Macadamia Healing Oil Treatment: I had a sample of this in Hawaii a few years ago and it kept my hair from becoming overly dry despite the weather. It’s a rich oil that you apply to the ends of wet hair. I love how hydrated it keeps my locks and the beautiful, slightly intoxicating scent it leaves in your hair. You can also apply a little to dry hair to smooth your ends, just don’t use too much.
6. Redken Wind Blow Dry Spray: I’m not a huge fan of strong hold hairsprays, which is why this spray has quickly become my BFF. It is a dry spray, so it won’t leave a tacky residue in your hair. Like the name says, it honestly looks like the wind has blown your hair around after using it. I love using this to finish off my hair style and give it an airy bounce. Pretty much my ideal finishing spray.
7. Teaze Comb: A must have! If my hair is ever flat, which is most of the time, I use this toward my part. A teazing ‘brush’ is so much more effective and less abrasive than a standard comb. I keep one in my purse and one in my bathroom AT ALL TIMES. Skip coffee one day and buy yourself one of these gems.
8. Got2B Volumizing Powder: If you want lasting volume, this is a must. It’s a slightly tacky powder that you pour into the roots of your hair. I rub it into my scalp and sometimes will go over it with a teasing comb for extra volume. Whenever I have an event to go to I always use this. If teasing your hair alone doesn’t do the trick, definitely try this as well. It amps up the lift like no other.
9. Herbal Essences Dry Shampoo: A surprising favorite for me this year. I wanted to include something that was easy to find at the drugstore that was also very effective. Dry shampoo’s can be tricky. Some leave a white residue, smell funky, or make your hair feel heavy. This one does everything you could want a dry shampoo to do. It takes away oil, leaves behind a refreshing smell, and adds weightless body to your hair.
10. Alterna Caviar Anti-Aging Dry Shampoo: This is usually my go-to dry shampoo. It’s a powder form which is great because it is much more gentle and safe on your hair. It’s also anti-aging and removes product build up. If you are okay with spending a little more money, I’d go with this dry shampoo.
11. Macadamia Oil Deep Repair Mask: I have tried many hair masks and this has worked the best for my hair. It is incredibly hydrating and healing. Not to mention it has the same scent the the healing oil has. I like to use this about once every two weeks to keep my hair looking and feeling it’s best.
Today we are talking makeup! I went through my makeup and grabbed everything that has really stood out to me this year. These are products that I love and recommend to all my friends. I also have a few extras in my YouTube video HERE. Let me know in the comments your top 2 products from 2014. I hope you all enjoy my picks!
1 – Cover FX Calming Primer: Cover FX products are always in my favorites because they packed with skin-soothing ingredients and free of nasty chemicals and irritants. Oh ya and they work! This primer in particular feels amazing when you apply it. It reduces redness and inflammation which is great after a late night or a lack of sleep. It also clarifies, brightens and evens out your skin tone.
2 – Nars Blush in Madly: This is a blush you would most likely pass by when scanning the makeup counter. It doesn’t look like much in the pan, but once you apply it, you’ll see how it transforms your complexion. That sounds a little dramatic, but I love a good blush. It’s very warm-toned and gives a sun kissed look to your cheeks without being shimmery. I also love to use this as a crease color on my lids. Nars blushes are crazy pigmented and even though they are slightly more expensive, they’ll last forever.
3 – Loreal Shocking Extensions Mascara (waterproof): I am so glad I discovered this mascara. Make sure you get the waterproof formula because it’s completely different than the original. The wand is very thin and has little spikes that separate your lashes. You can really work the wand into the base of your lashes to add both volume and length. I like applying a thickening mascara first, then layering this for crazy lift and separation.
4 – Lorac Porefection Foundation: This has become my number one foundation. It gives a flawless finish to the skin and lasts all day long. It’s packed with anti-aging ingredients like vitamins A & E, aloe leaf, lemon fruit extract and papaya fruit extract. The formula feels incredibly hydrating on the skin and also has SPF 20, always a plus! You’ll get a natural, slightly satin finish and medium to full coverage. I have a few pumps left of mine and I’m trying so hard to savor it!
5 – Mac Lipstick in Blankety: I keep this lipstick in my purse everyday. A lot of nudes pull orange on me because I have really pigmented lips. This lipstick has a slight mauve tone to it and looks true to color when on. It’s an amplified formula which is super creamy and velvety. I have over 10 different lip products in my purse, and this is always the one that ends up on my lips.
6 – Buxom Gloss in White Russian: Another purse favorite! I like to have this near me at all times. It lasts sooo long on your lips, sometimes I can’t even believe it. It is a light milky pink color and plumps up your lips a little when you have it on. It has a little bit of tack to it but feels really comfortable on the lips. This is what I use on brides because of the great staying power and universally flattering shade.
7 – Cover FX Cream Concealer: This concealer is pretty rich in texture, so you need the smallest amount when applying to your skin. I dot a little under my eyes and blend out with either my fingertips or a brush. You can also use on other areas of your face, like dark spots or blemishes. It’s also incredibly hydrating and full coverage!
8 – Mac Blush in Tenderling: Another blush that you wouldn’t look twice at. I tend to go for these muted shades of blush. Tenderling is a cool toned blush that is great for people with fair skin. It’s a rosey-nude, that compliments any makeup look. Whenever I want a very neutral face, I like to pop this on my cheeks to give a slight flush of color.
9 – Hourglass Illusion Tinted Moisturizer: The packaging has recently changed for this product but what’s inside hasn’t! I would say this is more of a foundation than tinted moisturizer. It gives amazing coverage for a ‘tinted moisturizer’ and leaves your skin looking radiant. It also has hyaluronic acid inside which plumps and tightens the skin while filling in deep wrinkles over the course of the day. Have I sold you yet? It also evens out your skin tone, adds moisture to your skin, and has SPF 15. If you want to treat yourself to a luxurious product, this is it!
10 – Benecos Eyeliner: I discovered this natural eyeliner a few years ago and it’s become a staple ever since. I have super sensitive eyes and wear contacts everyday so a lot of eyeliners smudge on my contacts or irritate my eyes throughout the day. This product is both highly pigmented and non-irritating. Black and blue are the two colors I’ve tried, and I love them both.
11 – Bite Beauty Matte Lip Crayon in Glace: So much love for this lippie! It gives the most beautiful mauve matte lip. I never was much of a matte person, but now I’m sold. Matte products typically are very drying, but this product has orange peel extract and resveratrol which keeps your lips super hydrated. Bite Beauty products are made with food-grade ingredients, so you can breath easy knowing you aren’t ingesting nasty chemicals. Every time I wear this color when when I’m with a friend, they try it on and buy it the next day. Seriously it’s that impressive. Oh and it’s water-resistant!
I have been using some new Too Faced products this month and wanted to give you all a full review on each product. I have used the bronzer before, but everything else was new to me. Let me know in the comments what other Too Faced products you love! I am also giving away a ‘Better Than Sex’ mascara. Rules will be listed down below!
1. Cat Eyes Eye Shadow Palette: Too Faced has some of the best eyeshadows. They are super buttery and highly pigmented. I have been using the top three shades of this palette the most because I am a big neutral girl. The brown on the top middle is perfect for all over the lid. This is a great palette to get if you are a makeup junkie and are looking for something fun to add to your collection. This isn’t great for traveling because I prefer more matte colors, however you can always get away with using your bronzer for a crease color. The three darkest shades can also be worn wet for more pigment!
2. Hangover Primer: This is the most hydrating primer I’ve ever used. Honestly, the title is perfect. You really get an instant pick me up from the sweet coconut scent and dewy finish it gives the skin. It also helps to brighten and smooth the skin. This is a must this winter..and all year round!
3. Beter Than Sex Mascara: This is a particularly wet mascara. If you like a lot of volume then you will like this. You do have to work with it a little and get used to the wand, but I’ve been really liking it. It’s also great for layering. I’ll apply this first, then a separating mascara after. Extra bonus, it won’t make your lashes crunchy!
4. Melted Long Wear Lipstick in Melted Fig: The perfect purple-y lip color. I love the formula of this product, it literally melts into your lips. These have the staying power of a stain, the pigment of a lipstick, and the shine of a gloss. I really want to try more colors because every time I use this I am super impressed.
5. Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer: I have been using this bronzer for the longest time. It comes in two shades, this one is the darker one. I like this shade because it works great for contouring. It is matte, so you don’t have to worry about it making your skin look muddy. It also smells of chocolate, which is obviously amazing.
Sorry for being MIA this week! I am swamped with things to do. I’m heading to New York on Friday and then my mom and one of my friends is visiting next week so I am trying to get ahead! I wanted to let you all know about the giveaway running on my channel this week. You still have a few days to enter so hurry hurry! Most of the items were in the goody bags I passed out during my meet up. I hope you all enjoy!
This week flew by for me, anyone else? I sort of didn’t want it to go by so fast because I have so much to do. I may take a little break today, then work through the weekend to get ahead. I hope you all enjoy my favorites today. I really looove these products. Most of them should be new to you so hopefully you get some fun new product ideas! Thanks so much for stopping by and have a great weekend!
It’s hair day! So I get a lot of questions about my hair in all of my YouTube videos so I figured I would do and ‘updated’ hair tutorial. This is typically how I style my hair when I want it curly. Sometimes I use different or less products and sometimes I’ll make the curls slightly tighter. I also have a curling iron by Hot Tools that I use when I want more traditional curls instead of waves. Either way, I always style it the same (see end of video). My two biggest tips are to tease your hair and mess up all your curls so they don’t look perfect. I hope you all enjoy this video and find it helpful! Thanks so much for watching!
Innersense Quiet Calm Curl Control (for some reason they only sell the liquid one on vitacost..never tried that one before-mines a cream) http://bit.ly/1tx5OjG
Acure Leave-In http://bit.ly/1mJfK3z
Alterna Beach Leave-In http://bit.ly/VKRIxM
After showing my new Red Apple eyeshadows in a Friday Favs video, a lot of you wanted some up close swatches so here they are! These shadows are gorgeous and I use them practically everyday. They are gluten/toxic free and HIGHLY pigmented pressed mineral eye shadows. If you have some shades of your own, let me know what they are!