Happy Friday everyone! I am heading down to San Diego this afternoon for a family function and will be back next Thursday. Of course right when we move we have to fligh home! Here are my favorites for the week. I have been using all these products everyday and I love them all! Thanks for watching and have a great weekend!
For today’s video I wanted to do something light and simple. I was tagged by a friend to do this video and it seemed like fun so I went for it! Summer is a great time of year. To me it means longer and fuller days, lots of water, and lots of sun. As far as beauty goes, I keep things much more simple and minimal. There is nothing worse than foundation melting off your face in the middle of the day. Yuck. I hope you all enjoy this video and are having a great summer so far!
I finally filmed a video! But, it was super echo-y sooo I may need to film in our room since it’s smaller than the living room. I also use a mic, so I know it’s not that. We just have super high ceilings. So these products have been staples for the past week and a half. I have used them during our road trip and can always count on them! I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!
Happy Friday! I hope you all had a great week…hopefully a productive one! I started packing last night with Andrew and we got so much done! Our kitchen and living room already look really empty. I took most of our hanging decorations down which really dulls down our apartment. It is sort of sad, but I am so looking forward to Seattle! Have a great weekend everyone and I’ll see you on Monday!
I recently got some gorgeous goodies from Eco Diva Beauty and had to share them with you. I filmed a haul video so you can see my thoughts on all the products. I also mention more products then I have shown here. So far I am so impressed with everything! Let me know what other companies I should try!
Butter London came out with an awesome new Spring 2014 line. The colors are so vibrant and pigmented, it is sort of unreal! The polishes are so stunning, they will look super cute for summer. I have tried out the lip glosses and was instantly impressed. They were super rich and felt really soft on my lips. They have a sheer wash of color. So even though the one looks bright purple in the tube, it gives a nice rosy glow to the lips…love! Let me know what products jump out at you the most!
The last thing you want is to feel your foundation sliding off your face at 2:00.
I have rounded up my top 5 liquid face products that are my go-to’s in the warmer months. 1. Loreal True Match LUMI – This has been my go to this month. It provides medium coverage, but still lets your skin shine through. There is a highlighter mixed into the foundation so you get a very glowy finish to you skin. It also has Vitamin C and E to help your skin tone and clarity.
2. Make Up For Ever Face & Body – The great thing about this foundation is how lightweight it is on your skin AND it is waterproof. It has a light to medium buildable coverage and a satin finish (the end results truly mimics your skin..so natural looking). This foundation is water based so you have to shake it up before you use it, but it is totally worth it! It also feels really hydrating.
3. Hourglass Illusion Tinted Moisturizer – This is a super rich and moisturizing product. Even though this is a tinted moisturizer you still get great coverage, and an added SPF 15. It has anti-aging properties which minimize wrinkles and increase your skin’s hydration at the same time. Hourglass products are great for your skin, so I never feel like I am clogging my pores when using this.
4. Neutrogena Healthy Skin – This is a great dewy finish foundation. I would say the LUMI foundation gives a more radiant effect, whereas this gives a more moisturized look. This is often compared to NARS Sheer Glow foundation, but for a fraction of the price. It also is filled with antioxidants and SPF 20 to keep your skin looking young and healthy.
5. Cover FX CC Cream – Out of all these products this has the most coverage, which is crazy for a CC cream. This will treat, correct and protect any imperfections. It will give you a natural finish and last up to 8 hours. The other amazing thing is there is Vitamin C and natural retinoid ingredients which provide anti-aging properties without any sun sensitivities.
I wanted to let you all know about a very exciting event that is coming up!
The event is called Style 20/20 and will be on May 2nd, from 12-5:00, in Fashion Island.
It is a lifestyle and beauty forum, featuring incredibly talented and inspirational speakers at the event as well as lunch. The Executive Director of Sephora and the Global Head of Education for Loreal will be there to talk about how they define style. I am SO excited to her them speak! I will be there as well and would love to meet anyone who is planning on going. What a great way to spend the day talking about beauty and fashion!
I hope to see you all there! Hurry because space is limited!
Below is the itinerary for the event. I am so excited to see what all the fashion and beauty experts have to say! This is such a great opportunity to get advice from the top of the beauty/fashion industry. Make sure to bring a notebook!
I hope to see you all there! If you are in the area make sure to tweet me, letting me know you are attending! Make sure to use the hashtag #style2020 and tag @style2020 !!
2. The Balm Hot Mama Blush ( 25% off all The Balm Products use promo code: KVLB2 ) I have found my new favorite blush! I can’t believe how pigmented this product is. It gives a gorgeous coral cheek while providing a golden sheen. Whenever I wear this I get so many compliments!
3. Anthropologie Sunnies When you have a big face like me, it’s tough to find a good pair of aviators! I was at Anthro on my birthday and once I put these on I knew I couldn’t leave the store without buying them! They are so comfortable on my face and will go with absolutely everything.
4. Nubian Heritage Body Wash I am soo picky when it comes to scents. Especially for body washes, I need to have an amazing scent while taking a shower. This is a refreshing, tropical, fruity paradise. Have I convinced you yet? It is also highly moisturizing and free of nasty chemicals!
5. ShopLately Bag How amazing is the bag? I am trying to branch out and incorporate more color into my wardrobe. I feel like accessories are a great way to add a bold pop of color. I love that this bag isn’t too big, but still can hold a lot inside. I am a huge fan of cross body bags. They are so convenient…perfect for Disneyland!
1. Gold Tube Bracelet from Shop Lately This bracelet is so dainty and delicate, I can’t get enough of it! Simple jewelry pieces are so classic and will never go out of style. This is only $9 too!
Sign up with Shop Lately here
2. Mac Lipliner in Subculture I am really into nude/brown lips right now. This pencil lasts a really long time and is so natural looking. I love using this first then applying a nude gloss on top. So easy!
3. Macadamia Deep Repair Mask My hair has been growing out of control lately. One of my tricks is to use a deep conditioning mask every other wash. This one leaves my hair sooo shiny and soft, it’s unreal.
40% off ALL Macadamia products with link above
4. Murad Advanced Radiance Serum I have been getting a lot of comments on my channel lately asking what highlighter I have been using. I actually haven’t even been using a highlighter at all these past two weeks. The only change is this serum. It has made my face literally glow since I started using it!
5. Hourglass Brow Pencil in Blonde My eyebrows are blonde and really not visible without makeup on. I love this pencil/pen because it is waxy, so it clings to my brows and doesn’t fade away. I use this when I don’t want to spend a lot of time on my brows. You can pencil them in super quick and it looks really natural.