I have been obsessing over booties. I just got #6 in this collage to wear at fashion week and love them so so much. Get yourself some booties for the fall. They are so versatile which makes them a closet essential! My favorite way to wear them is by dressing them down with boyfriend jeans and a flannel. They also add a great look to dresses. No matter what your style looks like, there are endless options… open/closed toe, thin/chunky or no heel, suede/leather, hardware…you get it! Next time you are shopping, stop by the shoe department and try a pair on. Tweet me a picture too! Who else is SO ready for fall!? Bring on the colder weather! So have fun shopping my top pick below. I tried to include all price points.
After showing my new Red Apple eyeshadows in a Friday Favs video, a lot of you wanted some up close swatches so here they are! These shadows are gorgeous and I use them practically everyday. They are gluten/toxic free and HIGHLY pigmented pressed mineral eye shadows. If you have some shades of your own, let me know what they are!
1. Cover FX BB Gel– This has become my everyday ‘foundation’ this summer. I say foundation because even though it is a bb gel, is gives me great coverage. I like it better than foundation because it has an anti-blemish treatment in it, so it keeps my skin clear. Nobody wants to be breaking out in the summer. The less makeup the better!
2. Essie Polish in Mezmerize– Once this is on my nails, I never want to take it off. It is such a beautiful and rich blue color. Your skin will also look slightly tanner when you wear this. Nail magic.
3. Alterna Rehab Deep Hydration Masque– So, my hair gets super dry and brittle in the summer. I love the sun, but my hair does not. But, when I use this in the shower my hair becomes much more hydrated. It also smells like heaven. My hair drinks this product up and I love it.
4. Butter London Cheek Blush in Piccadilly Circus– This color looks a little bold at first glance, but when blended into the cheeks it mellows out. I love wearing this when I don’t want to look like I have any makeup on. It gives my complexion a gorgeous flush, like I have spent a few hours outside. I also use this on my lips and it looks incredibly natural.
5. Jack Black Lip Balm SPF 25: After a trip to the river this summer, my lips got so so so sunburned. I can’t even explain to you how bad it was. It looked like something bit me or I had lip implants (really bad ones). So now I’m terrified of repeating that incident. I ran to Sephora after that weekend and picked two of these lip balms up because they have a high spf for a lip product. I’m not a fan of the sunscreen scent in most chapsticks, so this one is great. It is super rich and first and foremost protects my lips!
6. Urban Decay Chill Setting Spray– This is a must on super hot days. Makeup sweating down your face is not cute. Spray some of this over your finished makeup to set everything in place and to keep your makeup from looking too cakey.
7. Nature’s Way Coconut Oil– This has replaced aloe vera for me. If you slip up and get sunburned, drench your body in coconut oil overnight. You will waje up thanking me, I promise. It will take the sting out of your burn and turn your skin from red to a beautiful bronze. Did I mention it is 100% natural? Boom!
8. Loreal Infallible Shocking Extension Mascara– I have never been one to use waterproof mascara until this summer. It holds the curl in my lashes all day and never flakes on me. I like this mascara in particular for lots of reasons. First, the formula is incredible. It doesn’t irritate my eyes, is super black, and lasts forever. Second, the wand is crazy good. It is super thin so you can get every single lash, but it still applies a lot of product. It also is CRAZY lengthening and someone manages to thicken up your lashes at the same time. I mean, clearly you can tell I am a fan! (side note: I prefer the waterproof one over the regular formula. I find them to be completely different.)
Happy Monday everyone! I am currently sweating profusely as I type this and listening to some lovely construction a foot out of our apartment window. Oh the joys. Today’s video is all about staples. I have been ordering a lot off Vitacost’s site lately since we didn’t bring much with us to Seattle. This first order consisted of many essentials…drinks, oils, bars etc. I hope you can get some ideas from my purchases and like always leave me some of your favorites in the comments!
For today’s video I wanted to do something light and simple. I was tagged by a friend to do this video and it seemed like fun so I went for it! Summer is a great time of year. To me it means longer and fuller days, lots of water, and lots of sun. As far as beauty goes, I keep things much more simple and minimal. There is nothing worse than foundation melting off your face in the middle of the day. Yuck. I hope you all enjoy this video and are having a great summer so far!
Today’s look is all about adding a pop to something simple. Jean shorts and t-shirts are basically what I live in, especially in the summer. So when I want to spice it up a bit, I will add in a bag with a pop of color and some fun bracelets. I am loving all the printed t’s that are out right now. This one is by StyleLately and I have worn it like three days in a row…whoops. I also am loving my arm candy. I live in my T&J jewels along with my Haute Betts beaded bracelets. I hope you all are having a great week so far!
Well hello everyone! I am actually happy that it’s Monday. Am I crazy? Two things that make me happy are stability and predictability. This move has been such a whirl wind and I honestly was starting to go a little insane. We finally have a decent amount of furniture (I’ll have a video on all the furniture we found). I can actually sit down at my desk and type on my desktop! You have no idea how happy that makes me. It gets a little old laying in bed, typing blog posts on your laptop. I am one of those people. Yes. What else has changed? My videos are starting to get back to a normal schedule and I am finally getting caught up on my emails. There is nothing worse than a bunch of unanswered emails! Sooo, today’s video is all about skincare. I am a skincare junkie. Sort of. I really enjoy washing my face at night and applying products. It is a relaxing experience for me and I try to enjoy it instead of rushing through. I also like skincare products a lot more since I switched over to using mostly natural products. I experience way less break outs, redness and uneven skin tone. My skin also is much brighter than it’s ever been. I hope you all enjoy this video and hopefully you can try some of these products out for yourself!
I finally filmed a video! But, it was super echo-y sooo I may need to film in our room since it’s smaller than the living room. I also use a mic, so I know it’s not that. We just have super high ceilings. So these products have been staples for the past week and a half. I have used them during our road trip and can always count on them! I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!
Hey guys! I was so looking forward to this fashion post. I decided to take the pics in San Luis Obispo because I felt the style of this dress fit right in. This entire outfit is from BooHoo, and seriously go to their site right now and check everything out. Everything is really unique and very affordable. The print and style of this dress is unlike anything I own. Honestly, I love each accessory here too. The watch is so unique and the rings are great to layer. I have been using this bag every single day in Seattle so far. It’s super roomy and makes my life much easier! Oh yes and the shoes are perfect. They would be super cute with jean shorts or skinny jeans too. Love!
With the Fourth of July coming quick I put together a look that I am in love with. When it comes to holidays I never like to go over the top. Instead, I will pick one festive item that can by styled down. Here I found a pair of laid back denim shorts with a flag print. To keep this look very hippie casual, I paired some vans and woven bracelets. I am loving backpacks right now. They are so easy to throw over any outfit for an effortless appearance. You can also stuff it with all your beach/lake/river essentials!! Last make sure you have a great suit and some fun shades!