Sorry for being MIA this week! I am swamped with things to do. I’m heading to New York on Friday and then my mom and one of my friends is visiting next week so I am trying to get ahead! I wanted to let you all know about the giveaway running on my channel this week. You still have a few days to enter so hurry hurry! Most of the items were in the goody bags I passed out during my meet up. I hope you all enjoy!
Happy Friday friends!!! Any big plans? I was going to shoot an outfit post today but it’s raining! Welcome to Seattle right?! So ya, hopefully this weekend I can get that done because I haven’t posted a fashion post in a while. Sorry! Today’s favorites are so summer appropriate. I know I just mentioned this blush in a post earlier this week, but here you can see it swatched and here a little more on why I love it! I hope you enjoy the video, and have a great weekend!
1. Cover FX BB Gel– This has become my everyday ‘foundation’ this summer. I say foundation because even though it is a bb gel, is gives me great coverage. I like it better than foundation because it has an anti-blemish treatment in it, so it keeps my skin clear. Nobody wants to be breaking out in the summer. The less makeup the better!
2. Essie Polish in Mezmerize– Once this is on my nails, I never want to take it off. It is such a beautiful and rich blue color. Your skin will also look slightly tanner when you wear this. Nail magic.
3. Alterna Rehab Deep Hydration Masque– So, my hair gets super dry and brittle in the summer. I love the sun, but my hair does not. But, when I use this in the shower my hair becomes much more hydrated. It also smells like heaven. My hair drinks this product up and I love it.
4. Butter London Cheek Blush in Piccadilly Circus– This color looks a little bold at first glance, but when blended into the cheeks it mellows out. I love wearing this when I don’t want to look like I have any makeup on. It gives my complexion a gorgeous flush, like I have spent a few hours outside. I also use this on my lips and it looks incredibly natural.
5. Jack Black Lip Balm SPF 25: After a trip to the river this summer, my lips got so so so sunburned. I can’t even explain to you how bad it was. It looked like something bit me or I had lip implants (really bad ones). So now I’m terrified of repeating that incident. I ran to Sephora after that weekend and picked two of these lip balms up because they have a high spf for a lip product. I’m not a fan of the sunscreen scent in most chapsticks, so this one is great. It is super rich and first and foremost protects my lips!
6. Urban Decay Chill Setting Spray– This is a must on super hot days. Makeup sweating down your face is not cute. Spray some of this over your finished makeup to set everything in place and to keep your makeup from looking too cakey.
7. Nature’s Way Coconut Oil– This has replaced aloe vera for me. If you slip up and get sunburned, drench your body in coconut oil overnight. You will waje up thanking me, I promise. It will take the sting out of your burn and turn your skin from red to a beautiful bronze. Did I mention it is 100% natural? Boom!
8. Loreal Infallible Shocking Extension Mascara– I have never been one to use waterproof mascara until this summer. It holds the curl in my lashes all day and never flakes on me. I like this mascara in particular for lots of reasons. First, the formula is incredible. It doesn’t irritate my eyes, is super black, and lasts forever. Second, the wand is crazy good. It is super thin so you can get every single lash, but it still applies a lot of product. It also is CRAZY lengthening and someone manages to thicken up your lashes at the same time. I mean, clearly you can tell I am a fan! (side note: I prefer the waterproof one over the regular formula. I find them to be completely different.)
Butter London came out with an awesome new Spring 2014 line. The colors are so vibrant and pigmented, it is sort of unreal! The polishes are so stunning, they will look super cute for summer. I have tried out the lip glosses and was instantly impressed. They were super rich and felt really soft on my lips. They have a sheer wash of color. So even though the one looks bright purple in the tube, it gives a nice rosy glow to the lips…love! Let me know what products jump out at you the most!
Who else out there is dealing with 90 degree weather in April? Umm this is not normal! In honor of this summer weather, I have put together my top picks for hot weather. There is nothing I like more than worn in denim shorts paired with a simple tank top. Add in aviators and simple jewelry to look totally effortless. When it is hot out ditch the lip gloss and swipe on a lip/cheek stain for lasting color. Don’t forget a coral polish to make you look extra tan! PS. I just bought that bathing suit, so I had to include it because I’m in love! Go Target!
Babe Scrubs : These scrubs are awesome. After using them in the shower you will be left with the softest skin. They have Green Tea, Coffee, and Pink Salt (the coffee one is amazing in the morning). They are also organic and 100% natural! Funk Butter : Finally a natural deodorant that works for me! I have been going through deodorants like crazy lately. Some haven’t been working like they use to. I can always count on this one to keep me dry and smelling nice. It comes in a paste formula, so you have to get used to that. 100% Pure Cream Blush in Posey : This is crazy pigmented. It feels so lightweight on your skin and gives a beautiful pop of coral pink. You can wear it alone for a dewy look, or layer on a powder blush for more depth and staying power. I like these two baby pink blushes on top because they give a beautiful dimension to the skin. ( Becca Blush in Gypsy & Larenim Blush in Angel ) Butter London Nail Foundation : I have been waiting for something like this to come into my life! This polish creates the perfect canvas to any nail polish. It has a creamy nude, matte finish. Alterna Plumping Strand Expand : If you are craving some volume in your life you have to try this. It is incredibly hydrating and nourishing too which I love. It has a nice clean scent and comes out like a lotion. I use after I shower and it will give you some gorgeous locks!
In spirit of the Olympics I have a gold-spiration board for you today. I have become so in love with everything gold lately. I am instantly drawn to it and it makes me happy! Add a little glamour in your life by switching a few knobs in your house with gold-accented ones, or use a gold spoon for your sugar…it’s the simple things that’ll make you smile.