Oil Cleansing is great at removing all your makeup and deep cleaning your skin. I usually do this once a week, but you can definitely do this more often if you want. If you wear a lot of makeup everyday, this will really help to get everything off at night. What I love about oil cleansing, is that most of these products are already in your pantry. When I first started using oils to cleanse, I would mix them in a little tupperware bowl. Now I use a glass dropper bottle, but you can use whatever you have on hand. Now let me try to convince you to use this method yourself, because it’s freaking amazing and your skin will thank me. You can watch my video down below to learn more about this super easy and awesome way to clean your skin!
1. This is way safer than drugstore or high end makeup removers/cleansers. This is as pure as you can get.
2. When you use this on a regular basis, you will see your amount of breakouts significantly drop or completely disappear.
3. This will serve as your makeup remover, cleanser, and moisturizer so you’ll save yourself some time at night.
4. The oils will extract any dirt, build-up, and makeup that accumulated over the day way more effectively than a typical cleanser.
Castor oil is a great oil to begin with. Use more if you have oily skin, and less if you have dry skin. Then find an oil below to mix with it. I like using 2 parts olive oil and 1 part castor oil. You can also add a little vitamin E to your mixture.
2. Inglot Eyeshadow in Pearl 395: I cannot explain how pigmented and creamy this eyeshadow is (it is the lightest shade in the palette). I created this palette for my wedding day and have been obsessed with it every since. This shade in particular has been on my eyes every day this week. I use it in the tear ducts and right beneath my brows. It instantly brightens your eyes and gives them a beautiful radiance.
3. Giovanni Hair Pomade: Who says pomades are only for guys?? I use a tiny bit of this in dry curly hair to add definition. I would much rather use a curl enhancing product than a hairspray any day! This gives your curls some grit and an awesome beachy look.
4. Ivanka Trump Perfume: One of my all time favorite perfumes. So feminine and sexy, but not too heavy. With notes of pink pepper, bergamot, and crisp apple it leaves you feeling so pretty! Seriously stop by the perfume counter and give this little gem a whiff!
5. Everyday Minerals Blush in All Smiles: This is a beautiful peachy pink blush. It is very pigmented and has a natural finish. I am really into peach blush lately and this one does not disappoint!
On Monday I did a juice cleanse by Urban Remedy. Six juices every two hours for one day. You can do a longer cleanse if you want but I started with one day. I have always wanted to do this for a few reasons.
1. Celery, cucumber, parsley, spinach, and lemon. Filled with enzymes and vitamins, our signature green drink cleanses and boosts energy levels. (tasted strong of celery and and cucumber)
2. Acai with fresh lemon juice, cayenne, ionized water and stevia. This blend is high in antioxidants and promotes eight loss and anti-aging. (tasted like berry, with a spicy kick)
3. This cucumber, ginger, lemon and mint juice with a touch of apple flushes excess water and toxins and pulls heavy metals from the body. (tasted strong of mint and ginger…I really liked the freshness of this)
4. This hearty formula of beet root, carrot, ginger, apple and lemon cleanses the liver and lowers inflammation. (tasted like carrot and lemons…I was nervous for this one because I don’t like beets, but it wasn’t bad.)
5. This sweet, low glycemic treat combines chia seeds raspberries, and stevia to balance blood sugar, cleanse the colon, and delivers antioxidants. It also offers more omega 3’s than salmon. (tasted like tart raspberries)
6. Live sprouted cashew milk with vanilla and cinnamon. It’s a calming and naturing blend packed with mineral and enzymes. (tasted like a sweet milk, I wish it were a little smoother)
So the day of, I wrote down how I was feeling so I could share it with you. I definitely got very cranky and wanted to eat anything in sight, but in the end it was so worth it.
8:00- lemon water, really hungry
8:44- first juice, tastes very green
10:30- lemon water
10:45- second juice, tastes good like spicy strawberries, a little hungry and shaky, but energized
12:45- hungry, want to sleep and eat, have a headache, juice tastes good but not as good as real food
2:40- feel tired, not even too hungry now but just want to eat
4:45- tired, not too hungry, juice is really good like a raspberry smoothie
5:45- restless, starving, feel free now (I guess because I was almost there!)
6:45- the cashew milk is a little chunky but sweet, very satisfying
8:00- still feel full
*Woke up feeling great and awake. Ate a banana with a little almond butter and felt instantly full. I only hate fruits and veggies the entire next day. The day after that I incorporated some meat in and got a headache. I also ate a little dark chocolate and got a headache. It showed me how certain foods really affect me.
What I got out of it: After doing this cleanse I have a new appreciation for food. You need to treat your body like a temple, and if you don’t you will face the consequences. When I had meat again for the first time my body didn’t feel that great. I could tell it was a lot harder for my body to digest it. I feel more aware of how my body is responding to certain foods. I noticed my face cleared up, I had more energy and I woke up feeling a little lighter. It’s funny, I actually wasn’t crazy hungry, I just really wanted to eat something for the pure pleasure of it. I would highly suggest doing a cleanse. Urban Remedy is great because not only is it organic, but each juice was really good. Some tasted more ‘green’ than others, but if you ever buy juices at Robeks or Jamba Juice then you can handle it. I kept cringing as I’d open a new juice, and each time I was pleasantly surprised. Even my husband did it and is glad that he did. He says even though he had been craving bad food the day of the cleanse, he woke up wanting to eat only whole, real foods. All in all it was a great experience, maybe not at the time, but I am glad to say that I went a whole day drinking juice! I will definitely do another one sometime. I want to try a three day cleanse next. Here’s to a new perspective on eating more raw, clean food, trust me, your body will thank me later!