With summer right around the corner I thought I would round up my top picks for the beach, river, or lake. Basically, if there is water involved, here is what you should bring! Plus, I am heading out to the river this weekend so it felt very relevant. One of my favorite things about Southern California is living near the beach and being able to drive out the Colorado River in under 5 hours. Let me know in the comments some of your picks too!
1. Cheap Sunglasses: Ya that’s right, I said cheap. I lost a pair of expensive sunnies at the river one year, and will never bring back a super nice pair. Plus they are going to get sandy and wet!
2. Spray-on Aloe: This is genius! I spray this on my face after I get out of the sun. It instantly hydrates my parched skin.
3. Leave-In Conditioner: This one is great because it has UV protectants which really helps to protect your hair. Spray in a leave-in before you get in the pool so your hair doesn’t absorb all the chemicals (or just get your hair wet first in the shower, then hop in). I also spray this in after I swim in the ocean. It works great at getting rid of tangles.
4. Panama Hat: If you want extra sun protection or just want to look extra chic, bring yourself a hat. I have been loving the look of panama hats lately.
5. Lip Balm with SPF: A MUST! I cannot tell you how many times my lips have been burned because I put on chapstick without an SPF.
6. Tote Bag: I like finding a bag that can work at the beach, but also be functional if I go out lunch or shopping after.
7. After Sun Lotion: Okay, sure you can use any lotion, but this is way better! This has organic aloe vera and almond butter with glittering particles of natural minerals that creates an amazing glow to the skin!
8. Organic Spray Suncreen: Once you use a spray sunscreen, it’s impossible to go back! This one is organic and smells like a citrus dream!
9. Comfy Flip Flops: Havaianas are the best. Find some flippys that work if you get them wet. Wearing some in a bright color always helps too!