I know it’s still February, well almost March, but I’m actually ready for summer. I am fully aware I am always saying how much I love winter. But the other day I looked in the mirror and the person looking back at me looked like a vampire. Kidding, but I am that pale. I am all for that porcelain skin, but I mean, I need some color stat. A few days after I realized how translucent I was, our weather suddenly heated up and truly felt like summer. I laid out in the sun for a few days to soak up all the vitamin D I could and it felt amazing. I even got a little bit of color! It didn’t last long though, it started pouring last night. Anyways, that little tease made me super excited for the summer and I even pulled out some summer clothes last night. I organized all my bathing suits too which made me more motivated to get in shape. Little tip for you guys. Put on a bathing suit tonight. It will give you that kick in the butt to get in the gym. So here are some pieces that I’m currently inspired by (some I own). I’m even going to play some country music right now. Drivin around song anyone? (On a side note: go watch #candidlynicole on youtube. The funniest thing ever, even Andrew loves it. There are clips on AOL Originals & the Candidly Nicole channel. Loove.)
I just got done painting my nails and was completely inspired by a new color palette for this winter. When I think of winter nails, I think dusty purples and blues, muted nudes and deep wines. I love my nails to have color and be interesting, but I also need a break from all the cherry reds I was wearing back in November and December. I rounded up my top nail colors that draw me in. These shades all have that soft vibe, and give you the feeling of cozy nights in and a shift in seasons.
Hi guys! Long time no talk! Andrew and I are back in San Diego and I’ve been trying to get organized today. I will have a video up tomorrow, so make sure to check my channel out for that. I also have lots of videos planned for the next few weeks. I’m so ready to get back into the swing of things. I haven’t talked about nail polish in a long time, and with the change of season’s I am so excited for all the new shades. When it comes to Fall nail Polish I am all about the muted tones. Dusty blues and deep greens are perfection. I put together a list of my top picks for the season. How beautiful are all these? Let me know what’s on your nails at the moment!
1. Cover FX BB Gel– This has become my everyday ‘foundation’ this summer. I say foundation because even though it is a bb gel, is gives me great coverage. I like it better than foundation because it has an anti-blemish treatment in it, so it keeps my skin clear. Nobody wants to be breaking out in the summer. The less makeup the better!
2. Essie Polish in Mezmerize– Once this is on my nails, I never want to take it off. It is such a beautiful and rich blue color. Your skin will also look slightly tanner when you wear this. Nail magic.
3. Alterna Rehab Deep Hydration Masque– So, my hair gets super dry and brittle in the summer. I love the sun, but my hair does not. But, when I use this in the shower my hair becomes much more hydrated. It also smells like heaven. My hair drinks this product up and I love it.
4. Butter London Cheek Blush in Piccadilly Circus– This color looks a little bold at first glance, but when blended into the cheeks it mellows out. I love wearing this when I don’t want to look like I have any makeup on. It gives my complexion a gorgeous flush, like I have spent a few hours outside. I also use this on my lips and it looks incredibly natural.
5. Jack Black Lip Balm SPF 25: After a trip to the river this summer, my lips got so so so sunburned. I can’t even explain to you how bad it was. It looked like something bit me or I had lip implants (really bad ones). So now I’m terrified of repeating that incident. I ran to Sephora after that weekend and picked two of these lip balms up because they have a high spf for a lip product. I’m not a fan of the sunscreen scent in most chapsticks, so this one is great. It is super rich and first and foremost protects my lips!
6. Urban Decay Chill Setting Spray– This is a must on super hot days. Makeup sweating down your face is not cute. Spray some of this over your finished makeup to set everything in place and to keep your makeup from looking too cakey.
7. Nature’s Way Coconut Oil– This has replaced aloe vera for me. If you slip up and get sunburned, drench your body in coconut oil overnight. You will waje up thanking me, I promise. It will take the sting out of your burn and turn your skin from red to a beautiful bronze. Did I mention it is 100% natural? Boom!
8. Loreal Infallible Shocking Extension Mascara– I have never been one to use waterproof mascara until this summer. It holds the curl in my lashes all day and never flakes on me. I like this mascara in particular for lots of reasons. First, the formula is incredible. It doesn’t irritate my eyes, is super black, and lasts forever. Second, the wand is crazy good. It is super thin so you can get every single lash, but it still applies a lot of product. It also is CRAZY lengthening and someone manages to thicken up your lashes at the same time. I mean, clearly you can tell I am a fan! (side note: I prefer the waterproof one over the regular formula. I find them to be completely different.)
Happy Friday! I hope you all had a great week…hopefully a productive one! I started packing last night with Andrew and we got so much done! Our kitchen and living room already look really empty. I took most of our hanging decorations down which really dulls down our apartment. It is sort of sad, but I am so looking forward to Seattle! Have a great weekend everyone and I’ll see you on Monday!
In spirit of the Olympics I have a gold-spiration board for you today. I have become so in love with everything gold lately. I am instantly drawn to it and it makes me happy! Add a little glamour in your life by switching a few knobs in your house with gold-accented ones, or use a gold spoon for your sugar…it’s the simple things that’ll make you smile.