Hey guys! So I posted a video on my channel, you can watch that HERE all about Cover FX’s foundations. You all know I use these most days and I get a lot of questions asking which one I like the best. The truth is, it depends on what kind of makeup look I want that day. If I want a full face of makeup that will hold up all day, or just a light application for running errands. I made this video to help you differentiate them from one another in terms of the finish and amount of coverage they give. Check down below for a condensed version of each of these products. I’ll let you know why I use different ones for different occasions.
All Cover FX product are free of the inflammatory 5: gluten, mineral oil, talc, parabens and fragrance.
1. BB Gel Mattifying Anti-Blemish Treatment: This BB Gel feels super lightweight on the skin. It gives medium coverage and leaves a matte finish. So if you have oily or acne-prone skin you would love this. There is 1% salicylic treatment, so it helps heal and prevent blemishes while you wear it. This is my go-to when my skin is acting up, especially during hormonal breakouts. It also has thyme extract to help clarify the skin and EVERMAT to reduce pore size and control shine.
2. Pressed Mineral Foundation: I’m more of a liquid foundation type of gal, so I use this to set my other foundations. But if you prefer powder foundation, then this will be great for you! It gives a natural matte finish and provides sheer to buildable coverage. There is amazonian clay to help absorb excess oil and control shine along with green tea leaf extract to calm the skin.
3. Total Cover Cream Foundation: If you are looking for total coverage this is for you! It is a foundation and concealer in one so you can apply all over and then spot treat for more coverage. This has SPF 30 but it still photographs beautifully. I always use this on brides because it gives a natural radiant finish that holds up all day long and feels light on the skin. This foundation also has vitamin E to provide antioxidant protection and promote skin cell renewal. Also, this is good for any skin types, especially sensitive.
4. Natural Finish Oil Free Foundation: This foundation is great for those of you with normal to dry skin. It gives a satin/dewy finish and will last all day long! I find this foundation to be very hydrating and it’s also anti-aging which is always a plus! Since I find this formula to be pretty rich, I like to mix in a drop or two of my Custom Infusion Drops to sheer it out a bit. I’ve been wearing this foundation basically all month!
Let me know if you use any of Cover FX’s foundations, and which are your favorites!
Hey guys! For those of you who haven’t heard yet, Cover FX just launched a new product call Custom Cover Drops. Basically, they are pure pigments that you mix with any liquid product, to create a custom foundation. Some things you can mix it with are primers, serums, facial oils or moisturizers. The finish that you get depends on what product you mix it with. The same goes for the coverage, the more drops you add, the more coverage you get. I have been loving experimenting with these drops and being my own mixologist. Let me know if you have tried these out yet in the comments! You can watch my video below to see what they look like applied to the skin.
One thing that I find extremely important when it comes to wedding makeup, is the face. You need to spend the time to create the perfect base for the rest of your makeup (bronzer, blush, highlight, etc.). Today I am highlighting one of my favorite companies, CoverFX. Once I started using these products, I couldn’t stop! I love the coverage they give to the skin, and the fact that they are free of many nasty chemicals found in many other makeup lines. Nobody wants a breakout on their honeymoon right?? Below I have compiled my top tips for getting a flawless canvas that is HD friendly on your wedding day (or for any photoshoot)! #1 Make sure you start out with a hydrated face and a great primer. I keep George’s Aloe Vera Spray with me to mist over my clients face prior to applying makeup. For primer, I like to use the CoverFX Mattifying Primer because it has salicylic acid to combat blemishes and it creates a great canvas for the rest of your makeup. I prefer to use a mattifying primer and then go back in later to highlight specific areas of the face. I use a separate primer under the eyes and on top of the lids. The Cover FX Anti-Age Smoothing Eye Primer helps to bind your concealer and eye shadow to the skin, keeping it true to color and lasting for a very long time! #2 Ready for the most important thing? Choose a foundation that matches your skin tone! There is nothing worse than a foundation line. If you notice your neck looks lighter after your foundation is on, apply a bronzer to the neck AND chest so that everything is even. I have been using the Cover FX Cream Foundation on every bride ever since I discovered it. It provides buildable coverage, with a radiant finish that lasts all day long (they carry a ton of shades, so you are bound to find a match). **If you want to use a product with lighter coverage, try using CoverFX’s new BB Gel. It has enough coverage to even out your skin tone, but feels incredibly lightweight on the skin. It also has a matte finish. #3 Next up is concealer. You want your skin to look perfect, so make sure to conceal each and every mark on your face. Say goodbye to any areas of redness, blemishes or whatever else needs to be hidden! Use a slightly lighter shade under your eyes to help brighten up any darkness. #4 The last step in creating the perfect canvas is to set your cream products with a powder. This will help extend the life of your foundation and concealer. I prefer the CoverFX Mattifying Powder because of it’s velvety texture. It comes in a variety of colors so you don’t have to worry about it looking too white or powdery on your skin. At the end of the day, you want to look and feel beautiful. Use makeup to enhance you beauty and give you confidence. Also, don’t use this day as a time to experiment with new makeup trends. You can vamp up your makeup a bit, but still try to look like yourself! And don’t forget to smile, this is one of the greatest moments of your life. Soak it all up and remember it is just makeup! Your memories will last you much longer than your lipstick ever will! **Use code KENDRAFX for 10% off your order over $25 (valid thru 7/31/14) www.coverfx.com
The last thing you want is to feel your foundation sliding off your face at 2:00.
I have rounded up my top 5 liquid face products that are my go-to’s in the warmer months. 1. Loreal True Match LUMI – This has been my go to this month. It provides medium coverage, but still lets your skin shine through. There is a highlighter mixed into the foundation so you get a very glowy finish to you skin. It also has Vitamin C and E to help your skin tone and clarity.
2. Make Up For Ever Face & Body – The great thing about this foundation is how lightweight it is on your skin AND it is waterproof. It has a light to medium buildable coverage and a satin finish (the end results truly mimics your skin..so natural looking). This foundation is water based so you have to shake it up before you use it, but it is totally worth it! It also feels really hydrating.
3. Hourglass Illusion Tinted Moisturizer – This is a super rich and moisturizing product. Even though this is a tinted moisturizer you still get great coverage, and an added SPF 15. It has anti-aging properties which minimize wrinkles and increase your skin’s hydration at the same time. Hourglass products are great for your skin, so I never feel like I am clogging my pores when using this.
4. Neutrogena Healthy Skin – This is a great dewy finish foundation. I would say the LUMI foundation gives a more radiant effect, whereas this gives a more moisturized look. This is often compared to NARS Sheer Glow foundation, but for a fraction of the price. It also is filled with antioxidants and SPF 20 to keep your skin looking young and healthy.
5. Cover FX CC Cream – Out of all these products this has the most coverage, which is crazy for a CC cream. This will treat, correct and protect any imperfections. It will give you a natural finish and last up to 8 hours. The other amazing thing is there is Vitamin C and natural retinoid ingredients which provide anti-aging properties without any sun sensitivities.