I recently spent the day with Style 20/20 in Newport Beach. We had a taste of the new Style 20/20 Academy they have developed. It is a series of classes for those of you who have aspirations of becoming a stylist. Style 20/20 will give you all the tools you need in order to live out your styling dreams and make it a lifelong career. Check out their website for more details!
We first learned about all the new trends that have been spotted on the runway recently. Leopard, mod and velvet were a few of my favorites. One great and easy way to incorporate trends into your wardrobe, is to use accessories. If you aren’t comfortable wearing full on velvet pants, find a top with velvet detailing. I love the look of a luxurious leopard coat, but it’s a little too much for my everyday style. What I like to do is wear a pair of leopard ballet flats. You still feel like you are staying on trend, but can feel comfortable in your look.
A great tip on styling is to take time to understand your client. Instead of pouring what you love onto someone else, find pieces for them that fit in with their lifestyle. We had some fun learning how to style a rockstar. The main thing with working with musicians, is to know they have strong senses of what they like and dislike. The great part is you can push the limits a little more. The Style 20/20 Academy will look something like this. A very hands on experience, learning the ropes of working with all types of clients.
We finished the day styling our own ‘rockstar’ outfit. We chose our selections from a wide variety of pieces from Lip Service Cult, The great Frog LA, and Peavey. I went with an outfit that had bits of my style, but a few more edgier pieces. I’m a huge fan of using neutrals, but mixing it up with different textures. This coat adds so much interest over the crochet slip dress. Adding in some black and gold accessories completes the look. I loved looking at what everyone else chose for their outfits. Mixing fabrics from leather to velvet added so much dimension to each look.
I have been using some new Too Faced products this month and wanted to give you all a full review on each product. I have used the bronzer before, but everything else was new to me. Let me know in the comments what other Too Faced products you love! I am also giving away a ‘Better Than Sex’ mascara. Rules will be listed down below!
1. Cat Eyes Eye Shadow Palette: Too Faced has some of the best eyeshadows. They are super buttery and highly pigmented. I have been using the top three shades of this palette the most because I am a big neutral girl. The brown on the top middle is perfect for all over the lid. This is a great palette to get if you are a makeup junkie and are looking for something fun to add to your collection. This isn’t great for traveling because I prefer more matte colors, however you can always get away with using your bronzer for a crease color. The three darkest shades can also be worn wet for more pigment!
2. Hangover Primer: This is the most hydrating primer I’ve ever used. Honestly, the title is perfect. You really get an instant pick me up from the sweet coconut scent and dewy finish it gives the skin. It also helps to brighten and smooth the skin. This is a must this winter..and all year round!
3. Beter Than Sex Mascara: This is a particularly wet mascara. If you like a lot of volume then you will like this. You do have to work with it a little and get used to the wand, but I’ve been really liking it. It’s also great for layering. I’ll apply this first, then a separating mascara after. Extra bonus, it won’t make your lashes crunchy!
4. Melted Long Wear Lipstick in Melted Fig: The perfect purple-y lip color. I love the formula of this product, it literally melts into your lips. These have the staying power of a stain, the pigment of a lipstick, and the shine of a gloss. I really want to try more colors because every time I use this I am super impressed.
5. Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer: I have been using this bronzer for the longest time. It comes in two shades, this one is the darker one. I like this shade because it works great for contouring. It is matte, so you don’t have to worry about it making your skin look muddy. It also smells of chocolate, which is obviously amazing.
Sorry for being MIA this week! I am swamped with things to do. I’m heading to New York on Friday and then my mom and one of my friends is visiting next week so I am trying to get ahead! I wanted to let you all know about the giveaway running on my channel this week. You still have a few days to enter so hurry hurry! Most of the items were in the goody bags I passed out during my meet up. I hope you all enjoy!
I wanted to have a giveaway as a thank you to all of you who watch my YouTube videos, follow my blog, or any other social media. Each and every one of you are so incredible and I have been so blessed to have met so many amazing people from all over the world.
I put together some summer goodies that either I love or have been wanting to try!
Make sure to watch my video to see my thoughts on all the products.
Good luck to all of you who enter! (rules are in the info section of my video)
——- CONGRATS TO AMY LYNN FOR WINNING THIS GIVEAWAY! ——-
Like promised here is the $100 DSW Giveaway! Who doesn’t want $100 to spend on shoes?! Thank you all for reading my blog and watching my youtube videos. You all mean so much to me and I appreciate each and every one of you!
DSW & Glamour Magazine hosted a lovely dinner at the SoHo house in LA last week. I was honored to be invited and was able to meet some amazing people, who all of course, love shoes! Besides a breathtaking view, we had a delicious dinner including kale salad, fingerling potatoes and banana cream pie. I have pictures of what we were gifted down below and a $100 DSW gift card to give away!
Check back for tomorrow’s post to enter!!!
How adorable are these nude wedges? I have been obsessed with wedges lately and cannot wait to wear these out. I sat next the the owners of Seychelle Shoes and they were the nicest people! I had such a great time hearing about all their experiences.
This is Glamour’s Beauty Collection Box. A mix of everything they are loving! I am really looking forward to trying that glitter nail polish!
That book is seriously adorable. It is so perfect on my coffee table and has some great quotes inside.
Thanks to everyone at DSW and Glamour Magazine for having me! I had a wonderful time and am grateful to have met you all!
Also, thank you to MLV for the amazing dress! I loved the beadwork and detail!