It is pumpkin season! My goodness it is everywhere I look! But I am totally fine with it because I love me some pumpkin. So I just posted a new video on my channel showing how to make these pumpkin donut muffins. If you aren’t in the mood to read, come watch the video HERE. These little drops of heaven were super easy to make and got my husband’s approval! (basically they don’t taste gluten free!) I made these first with a little too much batter in each muffin tin, so the next time baking I filled them up only about half way and they turned out much better. I like how these are honestly a perfect mix between a donut and a muffin. Incredibly moist, satisfying and just the right about of pumpkin. I hope you all enjoy!
Hey guys! So I posted a video on my channel, you can watch that HERE all about Cover FX’s foundations. You all know I use these most days and I get a lot of questions asking which one I like the best. The truth is, it depends on what kind of makeup look I want that day. If I want a full face of makeup that will hold up all day, or just a light application for running errands. I made this video to help you differentiate them from one another in terms of the finish and amount of coverage they give. Check down below for a condensed version of each of these products. I’ll let you know why I use different ones for different occasions.
All Cover FX product are free of the inflammatory 5: gluten, mineral oil, talc, parabens and fragrance.
1. BB Gel Mattifying Anti-Blemish Treatment: This BB Gel feels super lightweight on the skin. It gives medium coverage and leaves a matte finish. So if you have oily or acne-prone skin you would love this. There is 1% salicylic treatment, so it helps heal and prevent blemishes while you wear it. This is my go-to when my skin is acting up, especially during hormonal breakouts. It also has thyme extract to help clarify the skin and EVERMAT to reduce pore size and control shine.
2. Pressed Mineral Foundation: I’m more of a liquid foundation type of gal, so I use this to set my other foundations. But if you prefer powder foundation, then this will be great for you! It gives a natural matte finish and provides sheer to buildable coverage. There is amazonian clay to help absorb excess oil and control shine along with green tea leaf extract to calm the skin.
3. Total Cover Cream Foundation: If you are looking for total coverage this is for you! It is a foundation and concealer in one so you can apply all over and then spot treat for more coverage. This has SPF 30 but it still photographs beautifully. I always use this on brides because it gives a natural radiant finish that holds up all day long and feels light on the skin. This foundation also has vitamin E to provide antioxidant protection and promote skin cell renewal. Also, this is good for any skin types, especially sensitive.
4. Natural Finish Oil Free Foundation: This foundation is great for those of you with normal to dry skin. It gives a satin/dewy finish and will last all day long! I find this foundation to be very hydrating and it’s also anti-aging which is always a plus! Since I find this formula to be pretty rich, I like to mix in a drop or two of my Custom Infusion Drops to sheer it out a bit. I’ve been wearing this foundation basically all month!
Let me know if you use any of Cover FX’s foundations, and which are your favorites!
So I made these muffins last week and they were a hit! I might make them again today because I kinda miss them. They are so moist and soft, and have the best flavor. Another thing that is great about these muffins, is that they are great for breakfast. You can always add cream cheese frosting for more of a dessert, but I like them as is. Let me know if you try this recipe out! You won’t regret it! xoxo
1) Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line the pan with papers.
2) Whisk together the eggs, molasses, and pumpkin purée. Set aside.
3) Whisk together the gluten-free flour, sugar, baking powder, xanthan gum, salt, and pumpkin pie spice.
4) Add the soft butter, mixing with an electric mixer until evenly crumbly. The mixture will look like coarse sand.
5) Add the egg mixture a bit at a time, beating well with an electric mixer after each addition. Beat for 1 to 2 minutes, until the mixture is fluffy.
6) Scoop the batter into the prepared pan, mounding the cups full. The batter will rise above the level of each cup; that’s fine.
7) Let the muffins rest for 10 minutes.
8) Bake the muffins for 22 to 25 minutes (22 was perfect), until the middle springs back when lightly touched. Remove from the oven and let rest for 5 minutes before removing from the pan. Best served warm.
I stumbled across this recipe on Halloween and it’s the first recipe I have ever made from Pinterest. How many of you pin your life away and never actually do the things on your boards? Ya guilty. I was looking for something festive to bring to a Halloween party and these seemed perfect. A few things about these cookies. First, the original recipe is not gluten-free, but all you need to do is swap regular flour for gluten-free flour. Second, the recipe made so many cookies I didn’t know what to do with myself. I was pumping out sheet after sheet and my family thought I was entering a baking contest. So, I cut the recipe in half for you! Lastly, these are DELICIOUS. They have almost a cookie dough texture to them. They melt in your mouth and are super soft. Everyone at the party liked them too! The original recipe is HERE and hers look a lot prettier than mine because she scooped the batter with a cookie scoop. I just used my hands so they look kinda sloppy..but still amazing!
-1 cup softened butter
-1 cup granulated sugar
-1 teaspoon baking powder
-1 teaspoon baking soda
-1/2 teaspoon salt
-1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
-1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
-1 teaspoon vanilla
-1/2 can of pumpkin (about 8 oz)
-2 cups all-purpose gluten free flour
Cream Cheese Frosting
-1/4 cup butter
-1/2 package of cream cheese (4 oz), softened
-1/2 lb powdered sugar (about 2 cups)
-1/2 teaspoon vanilla
-ground cinnamon sprinkled on top
-Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large bowl, beat 1 cup of butter with an electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add granulated sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Beat until combined, scraping bowl occationally. Add egg and vanilla; beat until combined. Beat in pumpkin. Add the flour in slowly until combined. Dough will be wet.
-Drop dough by the tablespoon onto parchment lined sheets. Bake in preheated oven for 10-12 minutes, or until tops are set. Transfer cookies to a wire rack; let cool.
-For the frosting; beat all the ingredients until soft and whipped. Frost cooled cookies and sprinkle with cinnamon.
Hey guys! I hope you are all having a productive week. I can’t believe it’s already Thursday. I need more hours in the day!! So today we are talking hair and body care. I recently started trying out products from Just Natural and am loving everything so far. I want to try more now, even though I do not need any more products in my bathroom! All the products are alcohol free, cruelty free, gluten free, handmade fresh, made in the USA, natural, organic, no gmo’s, paraben free, sulfate free, and vegan. I mean common!!! So I wanted to go over each product I have been using and let you know some of the skin care benefits each has. Also, let me know in the comments if you have tried other products from the line.
1. Vinegar Rinse Cleanser: So happy I found this. I use a lot of products in my hair, and I haven’t been using any clarifying shampoo’s lately. I have always heard that apple cider vinegar is great for getting product build-up out of your hair, but am too lazy to make my own concoction. When I saw that Just Natural carried this, it was the first thing on my wish list. It gets rid of any build up in your hair from the environment, minerals from your water and hair products. It basically detoxifies the barrier of residue on your hair leaving your hair much more soft and super shiny. Each and every one of you needs this in your shower!
2. Shampoo (Thicker Hair): Who doesn’t want thicker hair? Okay, I guess some people don’t. But I am always teasing my hair to give it more volume and lift. This is a great shampoo because it doesn’t way your hair down. I have been using the Dermorganic shampoo for a long time now, but it’s nice to switch off with this one because of how lightweight it is. It contains burdock extract, vitamin b5, rice protein and camellia seed oil which help to strengthen, prevent damage, add body, strength, softness, radiance, and flexibility to the hair. All things that we are all in need of!
3. Leave-in Conditioner: This is very rich cream so you need the tiniest amount. I use this on my ends to help add extra hydration as my hair dries. Most products that contain chemicals just lay on your hair and don’t really sink into the strands. This on the other hand, actually penetrates in the hair with natural fruit extracts, oils and butters. It is full of pure ingredients like babassu oil, fenugreek, calendula and horsetail extracts, that help strengthen and moisturize your
hair. Hello radiance!
4. Manuka Acne Treatment: So I rarely use the words ‘holy grail’ but I think the time has come. This miracle in a bottle is unreal. I had a few pimples on my forehead one night and put a little of this oil on overnight. When I woke up they were almost completely gone. They had shrunk in size and were much less red. Then by the end of the day, they were gone! What!? The manuka oil is anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial and also has antimicrobial properties that penetrate to
unblock pores. Plus, karanja and red thyme naturally improve and restore the skin. Just get yourself a little jar and see the results for yourself!
5. Natural Body Cream: This is some thick cream! If you get super dry in the colder months this will really help you out. It contains macadamia oil and illipe butter to provide deep hydration and smoothness. I keep this on my bedside table and use right when I get out of the shower. It feels like butter putting on, and my skin drinks it up. Say goodbye to cracked knees and ankles. Okay that sounded gross, but it’s true.
6. Natural Body Wash: (Skin Calming): If you are looking for a pure and hydrating shower gel you will love this. It has aloe vera, licorice extract and sea buckthorn oil which are all incredibly moisturizing and soothing to the skin. It’s also packed with omega rich oils, vitamins and protein to renew your skin. This one has an herbally scent which is what I gravitate toward. If you walk into Aveda stores and find yourself inhaling deeply, I’m right there with you. This has earned a spot in my shower this fall and I am thoroughly enjoying it!
Now I want to go take a shower after writing this!
Here is my unboxing of my first Love with Food box! Honestly, there were some amazing snacks in here. The box is only $10 a month, unless you want to upgrade to a bigger box, or the gluten free one. I decided not to eat everything on camera ‘live’ because I’d rather not watch someone just eating the entire video. So I put in a few clips so you could see my reaction, but not the ENTIRE snacking business. I would highly suggest checking this box out if you like to try new companies. Not only were the snacks delicious, but there were some great healthy options. Overall, I was really impressed! Thanks for stopping by and have a great week!
PS. I am having a meet up in Seattle this Saturday!! Check my instagram for all the details!!! I will also have a blog post with all the details soon.
After showing my new Red Apple eyeshadows in a Friday Favs video, a lot of you wanted some up close swatches so here they are! These shadows are gorgeous and I use them practically everyday. They are gluten/toxic free and HIGHLY pigmented pressed mineral eye shadows. If you have some shades of your own, let me know what they are!
It is no secret I have a love affair with Vitacost. Most of the time I talk about the beauty products I purchase, but believe it or not, I spend more money on food and drinks. I love trying out new natural companies but am not a fan of the price tag of most of these brands. So, I typically buy all of my dry goods and some drinks online. Almond milk, coconut water, granola bars, canned goods, salsa…..yes I know I am sort of insane. But hey, I save money and I am proud of that! If you guys want a big list of what I usually buy from Vitacost as far as groceries go, let me know. So here is an order I recently made with some new bars, protein powders and other random items. I hope you all enjoy and let me know what your favorites are from Vitacost. If you don’t know what Vitacost is, then you must be new to my channel!
I have been a fan of these brownies for a really long time. You can’t even tell they are gluten free and taste freaking amazing. They also have chocolate chips in the mix so that is a big plus! So I wanted to do something different than pouring the mix into a sheet pan and making traditional brownies. Baking them like cupcakes was the best idea. The batter seemed to go much further and they were more fun to eat. I did realize next time I will cook them for a shorter time. They cooked a lot faster than when just poured into a pan. Also, adding some coconut gave them a nice taste that was sort of unexpected. Really delicious. Next time I will just use the shredded coconut. The coconut flakes tasted a little strange. You just follow the back of the box to cook these. You only need some butter and two eggs..so easy! I hope you guys try this mix, it is the best!