I’ve started to love this mauve color! In clothing and in decor. I have to show you my silk curtains in my office soon. There are from West Elm. I usually stray away from anything pink because I’ve never thought I look good in it. If you were to look in my closet I’m pretty sure you might find one pink top in total. But this hue is so much better! I am huge fan of these dusty shades lately. I think they work well with lots of pieces. You can pair with black, white, olive green, and grey. This top isn’t on Windor’s site anymore, just the bodysuit version. But I’ve found similar styles here, here, and here.
I’m still loving my lob haircut. I have a tutorial on it HERE. I like that once I style it, it will last a good 2-3 days. The only bummer is that I notice it growing more, which means more haircuts. Boo.
These sunglasses are by DITTO. This website lets you try out different designer shades and exchange them for a new pair every month! The ones I’m weraing are the Retro Super Future style. If you want to try them out, I have a code to get your first month free! Enter KENDRAVLOGS at checkout!
For those of you who don’t follow me on my social media outlets then you haven’t heard! I chopped my hair off! A whole lot of it. I cut off about 10 inches and I have been loving it so far. I didn’t realize how attached I had become to my hair until I was sitting in the chair watching those scissors come toward me. I was actually terrified and started second guessing what I was doing. But then I told myself it is just hair and if I hate it, it’ll grow back. The second she cut it off I couldn’t stop smiling. It was crazy! I was grinning ear to ear the whole time. I honestly think this hair suits me much more. It fits my face and body shape more and it is a lot more fun. My hair had gotten so long that I didn’t ever want to style it. It was so heavy and to be honest, a nuisance. Now I feel much more fresh and I appreciate my hair much more. If you can tell, I went much lighter because all the blonde in my hair was cut off. Do you guys like my new do? Let me know in the comments!
So last week we talked about makeup, today is all about hair! 2014 was definitely a year of collecting hair products. From hairspray to masks, I have gone on a rampage testing out a bazillion products. I love working with hair products in place of hot tools. They are a great way to give your hair a break from the heat and amp up your style. I mean, I couldn’t live without dry shampoo. I try to go two days without washing my hair. When I tell most people this, they look at me with disgust…seriously. But it has made my hair so healthy and it grows way faster then before. I also rarely dye my hair now. Honestly, for the past three years I have been dying my hair once a year. I usually get balayage and ombre highlights put it and let my hair grown out naturally. I don’t touch my roots ever. My auburn is getting a lot darker these days and I’m trying to embrace the darker hue and resist going lighter. Okay now on to some hair products that I couldn’t live without. (To see more info on these products, watch my video HERE!)
1. DermOrganic Shampoo & Masque: This has been the one shampoo/conditioner that has really stood out to me this year. It is packed with effective yet natural ingredients, and keeps my hair incredibly healthy and shiny. I love that is has argan oil inside which is great at adding moisture, but it never weighs my hair down. I order mine off Vitacost, but I always see them at Marshalls and Tjmaxx.
2. Giovanni Natural Mousse: What I love most about this mousse, is how you can’t feel it when applied to your hair. It is so lightweight but still adds so much volume and bounce. I use one to two pumps and apply to wet hair. When I blow-dry, I always notice a difference in how much lift my hair has. Another bonus is that it’s made with natural and safe ingredients.
3. Alterna Beach Sun-Recovery Spray: This is my go-to leave-in conditioner, and has been for a few years. It leaves my hair feeling incredibly soft and it smells so fruity and delicious. This is great year round, but especially in the summer when your hair is extra dry and brittle.
4. Bumble and Bumble Texture: Oldie but a goodie. I got this such a long time ago, so don’t let the price fool you. You really get your money’s worth here. I first found out about this from an old hair dresser of mine and was sold after she used it on me. It’s a putty consistency and you have to apply it on wet hair. If you want a surf/relaxed curl you can scrunch your hair and let it air dry. I do this a lot in the summer for an easy hairstyle. Another option is to comb it through, then blow dry your hair and style. The product will give your hair a bit of hold and yes…texture. It really alows you control your hair style and keep your hairstyle alive for at least two days.
5. Macadamia Healing Oil Treatment: I had a sample of this in Hawaii a few years ago and it kept my hair from becoming overly dry despite the weather. It’s a rich oil that you apply to the ends of wet hair. I love how hydrated it keeps my locks and the beautiful, slightly intoxicating scent it leaves in your hair. You can also apply a little to dry hair to smooth your ends, just don’t use too much.
6. Redken Wind Blow Dry Spray: I’m not a huge fan of strong hold hairsprays, which is why this spray has quickly become my BFF. It is a dry spray, so it won’t leave a tacky residue in your hair. Like the name says, it honestly looks like the wind has blown your hair around after using it. I love using this to finish off my hair style and give it an airy bounce. Pretty much my ideal finishing spray.
7. Teaze Comb: A must have! If my hair is ever flat, which is most of the time, I use this toward my part. A teazing ‘brush’ is so much more effective and less abrasive than a standard comb. I keep one in my purse and one in my bathroom AT ALL TIMES. Skip coffee one day and buy yourself one of these gems.
8. Got2B Volumizing Powder: If you want lasting volume, this is a must. It’s a slightly tacky powder that you pour into the roots of your hair. I rub it into my scalp and sometimes will go over it with a teasing comb for extra volume. Whenever I have an event to go to I always use this. If teasing your hair alone doesn’t do the trick, definitely try this as well. It amps up the lift like no other.
9. Herbal Essences Dry Shampoo: A surprising favorite for me this year. I wanted to include something that was easy to find at the drugstore that was also very effective. Dry shampoo’s can be tricky. Some leave a white residue, smell funky, or make your hair feel heavy. This one does everything you could want a dry shampoo to do. It takes away oil, leaves behind a refreshing smell, and adds weightless body to your hair.
10. Alterna Caviar Anti-Aging Dry Shampoo: This is usually my go-to dry shampoo. It’s a powder form which is great because it is much more gentle and safe on your hair. It’s also anti-aging and removes product build up. If you are okay with spending a little more money, I’d go with this dry shampoo.
11. Macadamia Oil Deep Repair Mask: I have tried many hair masks and this has worked the best for my hair. It is incredibly hydrating and healing. Not to mention it has the same scent the the healing oil has. I like to use this about once every two weeks to keep my hair looking and feeling it’s best.
It is kiiinda starting to feel like fall. The mornings and evenings are definitely cooler, but the afternoons are still really warm. So my way of feeling like the seasons are changing is to layer. I can get away with wearing my summer dresses if I just add in some tights. Plus, I am so pasty white I can’t handle to see too much skin. Another thing I am loving is leather, lots of it. I usually would wear my black leather booties, but I need to step away from them and give them a break! So I added in my fab booties by Jeffrey Campbell to spice up this look. I hope you are all having a wonderful month. Can you believe it is almost November? Unreal. Talk soon guys!
It’s hair day! So I get a lot of questions about my hair in all of my YouTube videos so I figured I would do and ‘updated’ hair tutorial. This is typically how I style my hair when I want it curly. Sometimes I use different or less products and sometimes I’ll make the curls slightly tighter. I also have a curling iron by Hot Tools that I use when I want more traditional curls instead of waves. Either way, I always style it the same (see end of video). My two biggest tips are to tease your hair and mess up all your curls so they don’t look perfect. I hope you all enjoy this video and find it helpful! Thanks so much for watching!
Innersense Quiet Calm Curl Control (for some reason they only sell the liquid one on vitacost..never tried that one before-mines a cream) http://bit.ly/1tx5OjG
Acure Leave-In http://bit.ly/1mJfK3z
Alterna Beach Leave-In http://bit.ly/VKRIxM
I hope you all had a wonderful holiday weekend! I am exhausted from the river. I got way too much sun, but had a great time. My bottom lip is super swollen and I am not entirely sure why. I thought it was just sunburned, but I have woken up with it puffy for two straight days. So hopefully it will go down tonight because I am planning on filming the jelly bean challenge with Andrew. So for today’s post I wanted to show you all my new hair. I just had it done and am so in love! I had my ombre lifted a bit and also had some balayage put in for a super natural look. Watch my video to see how it was achieved step by step!
With summer here it is time to soak up some sun and have fun with your friends and family! Whenever I am going somewhere involved water, I cut back on my makeup by a lot! Nobody wants to be in 100 degree heat with a bunch of foundation and eyeshadow on. In today’s video I show you how to look awake and pulled together with very little makeup. I hope you all enjoy this video and let me know some of your favorite products for the summer!
How good does it feel to use up a product? For all my fellow beauty junkies out there, I know you get me! This month I tried to power through some products so I could move on to bigger and better things! Not really..but I tend to get pretty tired of things really quick. Let me know what you tend to use up the quickest? Enjoy the video! Love you guys!
It doesn’t get much more comfortable than a romper! Forever 21 has so many cute rompers and dresses so go go go! I just got a couple dresses there for some upcoming weddings. One thing I love about wearing a one piece in a bright print and color, is that you can keep everything else slightly understated. I keep my shoes and bag brown, and my jewelry gold (per usual). This look is perfect to go out to lunch, shopping, the beach…basically it is very versatile! Rompers for the win!
Hey guys! So there is an amazing event going on in LA on May 29th that I wanted to tell you all about. If you are in the area, I would LOVE to meet you and have some girl time! Elle is partnering with Wella and hosting a salon night in Glendale at the Martier Salon. I am so excited to get a consultation on my hair. One thing I really love, is when experts give me advice and tips. We can all fall into a rut when it comes to our hair…am I right?? This is a great way to have an outside source let you know what they think would look great on you! I am a trim kind of gal…not so much a risk taker! Also, there will be a DJ, prosecco (my fav), light bits and desserts. I also heard there will be some goodies to take home. I am always down to relax a little, chat, and talk beauty. Let me know if you are planning on coming! It is free to come, just make sure you RSVP!