Sephora’s VIB sale is coming up on the 13th so I put together some things that are on my wishlist and also some things that I think would be great to get during this sale. It’s always a good idea to get things you already love and know you’ll be needing soon. Mascara, beauty blenders, concealer and setting sprays are a few things I always need but hate buying. This sale is the perfect time to save a little on those necessities. It’s also a good time to try out things you’ve been eyeing. Palettes, skincare and hair products can be a little pricey so take advantage now. I’m really wanting to try out the Stila Liquid Liner and the Kat Von D Shade and Light Palette! Have you guys tried either? And don’t forget about gifts. If you need to get someone a Christmas gift who loves beauty, this is the perfect time to do your shopping. It’s already November so I need to start figuring out what I need to get! I hope this gives you guys some ideas for your shopping cart.
Today we are talking makeup! I went through my makeup and grabbed everything that has really stood out to me this year. These are products that I love and recommend to all my friends. I also have a few extras in my YouTube video HERE. Let me know in the comments your top 2 products from 2014. I hope you all enjoy my picks!
1 – Cover FX Calming Primer: Cover FX products are always in my favorites because they packed with skin-soothing ingredients and free of nasty chemicals and irritants. Oh ya and they work! This primer in particular feels amazing when you apply it. It reduces redness and inflammation which is great after a late night or a lack of sleep. It also clarifies, brightens and evens out your skin tone.
2 – Nars Blush in Madly: This is a blush you would most likely pass by when scanning the makeup counter. It doesn’t look like much in the pan, but once you apply it, you’ll see how it transforms your complexion. That sounds a little dramatic, but I love a good blush. It’s very warm-toned and gives a sun kissed look to your cheeks without being shimmery. I also love to use this as a crease color on my lids. Nars blushes are crazy pigmented and even though they are slightly more expensive, they’ll last forever.
3 – Loreal Shocking Extensions Mascara (waterproof): I am so glad I discovered this mascara. Make sure you get the waterproof formula because it’s completely different than the original. The wand is very thin and has little spikes that separate your lashes. You can really work the wand into the base of your lashes to add both volume and length. I like applying a thickening mascara first, then layering this for crazy lift and separation.
4 – Lorac Porefection Foundation: This has become my number one foundation. It gives a flawless finish to the skin and lasts all day long. It’s packed with anti-aging ingredients like vitamins A & E, aloe leaf, lemon fruit extract and papaya fruit extract. The formula feels incredibly hydrating on the skin and also has SPF 20, always a plus! You’ll get a natural, slightly satin finish and medium to full coverage. I have a few pumps left of mine and I’m trying so hard to savor it!
5 – Mac Lipstick in Blankety: I keep this lipstick in my purse everyday. A lot of nudes pull orange on me because I have really pigmented lips. This lipstick has a slight mauve tone to it and looks true to color when on. It’s an amplified formula which is super creamy and velvety. I have over 10 different lip products in my purse, and this is always the one that ends up on my lips.
6 – Buxom Gloss in White Russian: Another purse favorite! I like to have this near me at all times. It lasts sooo long on your lips, sometimes I can’t even believe it. It is a light milky pink color and plumps up your lips a little when you have it on. It has a little bit of tack to it but feels really comfortable on the lips. This is what I use on brides because of the great staying power and universally flattering shade.
7 – Cover FX Cream Concealer: This concealer is pretty rich in texture, so you need the smallest amount when applying to your skin. I dot a little under my eyes and blend out with either my fingertips or a brush. You can also use on other areas of your face, like dark spots or blemishes. It’s also incredibly hydrating and full coverage!
8 – Mac Blush in Tenderling: Another blush that you wouldn’t look twice at. I tend to go for these muted shades of blush. Tenderling is a cool toned blush that is great for people with fair skin. It’s a rosey-nude, that compliments any makeup look. Whenever I want a very neutral face, I like to pop this on my cheeks to give a slight flush of color.
9 – Hourglass Illusion Tinted Moisturizer: The packaging has recently changed for this product but what’s inside hasn’t! I would say this is more of a foundation than tinted moisturizer. It gives amazing coverage for a ‘tinted moisturizer’ and leaves your skin looking radiant. It also has hyaluronic acid inside which plumps and tightens the skin while filling in deep wrinkles over the course of the day. Have I sold you yet? It also evens out your skin tone, adds moisture to your skin, and has SPF 15. If you want to treat yourself to a luxurious product, this is it!
10 – Benecos Eyeliner: I discovered this natural eyeliner a few years ago and it’s become a staple ever since. I have super sensitive eyes and wear contacts everyday so a lot of eyeliners smudge on my contacts or irritate my eyes throughout the day. This product is both highly pigmented and non-irritating. Black and blue are the two colors I’ve tried, and I love them both.
11 – Bite Beauty Matte Lip Crayon in Glace: So much love for this lippie! It gives the most beautiful mauve matte lip. I never was much of a matte person, but now I’m sold. Matte products typically are very drying, but this product has orange peel extract and resveratrol which keeps your lips super hydrated. Bite Beauty products are made with food-grade ingredients, so you can breath easy knowing you aren’t ingesting nasty chemicals. Every time I wear this color when when I’m with a friend, they try it on and buy it the next day. Seriously it’s that impressive. Oh and it’s water-resistant!
Here are my picks for the beauty lover in your life! More gift guides to come…let me know what person you need to shop for! Can you believe it is almost DECEMBER?? What the heck? I’m actually in shock typing this. lol. I need to get started on my holiday shopping, I usually do most of it online. Check my youtube channel on Friday for a special video that is all about holiday sales for cyber Monday and my top picks!
**coupon code for the curling iron**
Get ANY set for $99 + Free Argan Oil + Free Shipping!!
Use Code: doubledip
Get 60% off entire site + Free US Shipping!
Use Code: Kendra60
Sorry for being MIA this week! I am swamped with things to do. I’m heading to New York on Friday and then my mom and one of my friends is visiting next week so I am trying to get ahead! I wanted to let you all know about the giveaway running on my channel this week. You still have a few days to enter so hurry hurry! Most of the items were in the goody bags I passed out during my meet up. I hope you all enjoy!
The last thing you want is to feel your foundation sliding off your face at 2:00.
I have rounded up my top 5 liquid face products that are my go-to’s in the warmer months. 1. Loreal True Match LUMI – This has been my go to this month. It provides medium coverage, but still lets your skin shine through. There is a highlighter mixed into the foundation so you get a very glowy finish to you skin. It also has Vitamin C and E to help your skin tone and clarity.
2. Make Up For Ever Face & Body – The great thing about this foundation is how lightweight it is on your skin AND it is waterproof. It has a light to medium buildable coverage and a satin finish (the end results truly mimics your skin..so natural looking). This foundation is water based so you have to shake it up before you use it, but it is totally worth it! It also feels really hydrating.
3. Hourglass Illusion Tinted Moisturizer – This is a super rich and moisturizing product. Even though this is a tinted moisturizer you still get great coverage, and an added SPF 15. It has anti-aging properties which minimize wrinkles and increase your skin’s hydration at the same time. Hourglass products are great for your skin, so I never feel like I am clogging my pores when using this.
4. Neutrogena Healthy Skin – This is a great dewy finish foundation. I would say the LUMI foundation gives a more radiant effect, whereas this gives a more moisturized look. This is often compared to NARS Sheer Glow foundation, but for a fraction of the price. It also is filled with antioxidants and SPF 20 to keep your skin looking young and healthy.
5. Cover FX CC Cream – Out of all these products this has the most coverage, which is crazy for a CC cream. This will treat, correct and protect any imperfections. It will give you a natural finish and last up to 8 hours. The other amazing thing is there is Vitamin C and natural retinoid ingredients which provide anti-aging properties without any sun sensitivities.
1. Gold Tube Bracelet from Shop Lately This bracelet is so dainty and delicate, I can’t get enough of it! Simple jewelry pieces are so classic and will never go out of style. This is only $9 too!
Sign up with Shop Lately here
2. Mac Lipliner in Subculture I am really into nude/brown lips right now. This pencil lasts a really long time and is so natural looking. I love using this first then applying a nude gloss on top. So easy!
3. Macadamia Deep Repair Mask My hair has been growing out of control lately. One of my tricks is to use a deep conditioning mask every other wash. This one leaves my hair sooo shiny and soft, it’s unreal.
40% off ALL Macadamia products with link above
4. Murad Advanced Radiance Serum I have been getting a lot of comments on my channel lately asking what highlighter I have been using. I actually haven’t even been using a highlighter at all these past two weeks. The only change is this serum. It has made my face literally glow since I started using it!
5. Hourglass Brow Pencil in Blonde My eyebrows are blonde and really not visible without makeup on. I love this pencil/pen because it is waxy, so it clings to my brows and doesn’t fade away. I use this when I don’t want to spend a lot of time on my brows. You can pencil them in super quick and it looks really natural.
Are you kidding me??? First of all, I am beyond obsessed with my ambient lighting powders. They make me look so flawless and lit from within, now blush?! Hourglass can do no wrong in my opinion. I love theirtinted moisturizer and concealer – you need to go to Sephora now! Anyways, I am so ready to go swatch these blushes and see how pretty they are in real life. Anything that makes me glow is my BFF!
Below are all the colors.
Radiant Magenta A golden fuchsia blush combined with Radiant Light for a summer glow
Mood Exposure A soft plum blush fused with Mood Light to brighten the complexion
Diffused Heat A vibrant poppy blush combined with Diffused Light for a subtle halo effect
Ethereal Glow A cool pink blush fused with Ethereal Light for a moonlit luminosity
Dim Infusion A subdued coral blush fused with Dim Light to add warmth
Luminous Flush A champagne rose blush fused with Luminous Light to evoke a candlelit glimmer