I know it’s still February, well almost March, but I’m actually ready for summer. I am fully aware I am always saying how much I love winter. But the other day I looked in the mirror and the person looking back at me looked like a vampire. Kidding, but I am that pale. I am all for that porcelain skin, but I mean, I need some color stat. A few days after I realized how translucent I was, our weather suddenly heated up and truly felt like summer. I laid out in the sun for a few days to soak up all the vitamin D I could and it felt amazing. I even got a little bit of color! It didn’t last long though, it started pouring last night. Anyways, that little tease made me super excited for the summer and I even pulled out some summer clothes last night. I organized all my bathing suits too which made me more motivated to get in shape. Little tip for you guys. Put on a bathing suit tonight. It will give you that kick in the butt to get in the gym. So here are some pieces that I’m currently inspired by (some I own). I’m even going to play some country music right now. Drivin around song anyone? (On a side note: go watch #candidlynicole on youtube. The funniest thing ever, even Andrew loves it. There are clips on AOL Originals & the Candidly Nicole channel. Loove.)
1. Cover FX BB Gel– This has become my everyday ‘foundation’ this summer. I say foundation because even though it is a bb gel, is gives me great coverage. I like it better than foundation because it has an anti-blemish treatment in it, so it keeps my skin clear. Nobody wants to be breaking out in the summer. The less makeup the better!
2. Essie Polish in Mezmerize– Once this is on my nails, I never want to take it off. It is such a beautiful and rich blue color. Your skin will also look slightly tanner when you wear this. Nail magic.
3. Alterna Rehab Deep Hydration Masque– So, my hair gets super dry and brittle in the summer. I love the sun, but my hair does not. But, when I use this in the shower my hair becomes much more hydrated. It also smells like heaven. My hair drinks this product up and I love it.
4. Butter London Cheek Blush in Piccadilly Circus– This color looks a little bold at first glance, but when blended into the cheeks it mellows out. I love wearing this when I don’t want to look like I have any makeup on. It gives my complexion a gorgeous flush, like I have spent a few hours outside. I also use this on my lips and it looks incredibly natural.
5. Jack Black Lip Balm SPF 25: After a trip to the river this summer, my lips got so so so sunburned. I can’t even explain to you how bad it was. It looked like something bit me or I had lip implants (really bad ones). So now I’m terrified of repeating that incident. I ran to Sephora after that weekend and picked two of these lip balms up because they have a high spf for a lip product. I’m not a fan of the sunscreen scent in most chapsticks, so this one is great. It is super rich and first and foremost protects my lips!
6. Urban Decay Chill Setting Spray– This is a must on super hot days. Makeup sweating down your face is not cute. Spray some of this over your finished makeup to set everything in place and to keep your makeup from looking too cakey.
7. Nature’s Way Coconut Oil– This has replaced aloe vera for me. If you slip up and get sunburned, drench your body in coconut oil overnight. You will waje up thanking me, I promise. It will take the sting out of your burn and turn your skin from red to a beautiful bronze. Did I mention it is 100% natural? Boom!
8. Loreal Infallible Shocking Extension Mascara– I have never been one to use waterproof mascara until this summer. It holds the curl in my lashes all day and never flakes on me. I like this mascara in particular for lots of reasons. First, the formula is incredible. It doesn’t irritate my eyes, is super black, and lasts forever. Second, the wand is crazy good. It is super thin so you can get every single lash, but it still applies a lot of product. It also is CRAZY lengthening and someone manages to thicken up your lashes at the same time. I mean, clearly you can tell I am a fan! (side note: I prefer the waterproof one over the regular formula. I find them to be completely different.)
Happy Friday…er Saturday! My video wouldn’t attach from my phone, so I had to wait until we got home from Disneyland. I have been super busy packing this week. Andrew and I have made a ton of trips down to San Diego to drop off boxes. We leave 5 days and I am so excited to let the road tripping begin! Since I have been on the go all week, running errands and such, I haven’t been spending too much time doing my makeup. This week is all about simple things that go the distance! Also, most of these favorites have been around for a while so I know they are worth it. I hope you all enjoy today’s video and thanks so much for stopping by! I hope you all enjoy your weekend!