I just got done painting my nails and was completely inspired by a new color palette for this winter. When I think of winter nails, I think dusty purples and blues, muted nudes and deep wines. I love my nails to have color and be interesting, but I also need a break from all the cherry reds I was wearing back in November and December. I rounded up my top nail colors that draw me in. These shades all have that soft vibe, and give you the feeling of cozy nights in and a shift in seasons.
1. Cover FX BB Gel– This has become my everyday ‘foundation’ this summer. I say foundation because even though it is a bb gel, is gives me great coverage. I like it better than foundation because it has an anti-blemish treatment in it, so it keeps my skin clear. Nobody wants to be breaking out in the summer. The less makeup the better!
2. Essie Polish in Mezmerize– Once this is on my nails, I never want to take it off. It is such a beautiful and rich blue color. Your skin will also look slightly tanner when you wear this. Nail magic.
3. Alterna Rehab Deep Hydration Masque– So, my hair gets super dry and brittle in the summer. I love the sun, but my hair does not. But, when I use this in the shower my hair becomes much more hydrated. It also smells like heaven. My hair drinks this product up and I love it.
4. Butter London Cheek Blush in Piccadilly Circus– This color looks a little bold at first glance, but when blended into the cheeks it mellows out. I love wearing this when I don’t want to look like I have any makeup on. It gives my complexion a gorgeous flush, like I have spent a few hours outside. I also use this on my lips and it looks incredibly natural.
5. Jack Black Lip Balm SPF 25: After a trip to the river this summer, my lips got so so so sunburned. I can’t even explain to you how bad it was. It looked like something bit me or I had lip implants (really bad ones). So now I’m terrified of repeating that incident. I ran to Sephora after that weekend and picked two of these lip balms up because they have a high spf for a lip product. I’m not a fan of the sunscreen scent in most chapsticks, so this one is great. It is super rich and first and foremost protects my lips!
6. Urban Decay Chill Setting Spray– This is a must on super hot days. Makeup sweating down your face is not cute. Spray some of this over your finished makeup to set everything in place and to keep your makeup from looking too cakey.
7. Nature’s Way Coconut Oil– This has replaced aloe vera for me. If you slip up and get sunburned, drench your body in coconut oil overnight. You will waje up thanking me, I promise. It will take the sting out of your burn and turn your skin from red to a beautiful bronze. Did I mention it is 100% natural? Boom!
8. Loreal Infallible Shocking Extension Mascara– I have never been one to use waterproof mascara until this summer. It holds the curl in my lashes all day and never flakes on me. I like this mascara in particular for lots of reasons. First, the formula is incredible. It doesn’t irritate my eyes, is super black, and lasts forever. Second, the wand is crazy good. It is super thin so you can get every single lash, but it still applies a lot of product. It also is CRAZY lengthening and someone manages to thicken up your lashes at the same time. I mean, clearly you can tell I am a fan! (side note: I prefer the waterproof one over the regular formula. I find them to be completely different.)
I finally filmed a video! But, it was super echo-y sooo I may need to film in our room since it’s smaller than the living room. I also use a mic, so I know it’s not that. We just have super high ceilings. So these products have been staples for the past week and a half. I have used them during our road trip and can always count on them! I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!
Well I woke up to a million instagram pictures letting me know that today is in fact ‘National Donut Day’. It is pretty early right now and the last thing I want to do is drive to the donut shop looking like how I look right now. So I ate the next best thing. Pie. Yep pie. Andrew is on his finals week right now and had a major craving for coconut cream pie…so it has made mornings especially hard this week. I mean, is there anything better than pie in the morning? Pumpkin, apple, it all tastes great to me at 8:00 in the morning. But then after a few bites my tastes buds practically yell at me to eat something with some substance to it. Okay, I am totally not giving donuts the attention they deserve. I really really wish I didn’t like donuts. Not much smells better than opening a pink box full of donuts. I really have to limit myself to them only when I REALLY am craving one, or else I would be in major trouble. Originally this post was going to be on my weekly favorites. So here are some goodies I have been absolutely in love with. Enjoy the video and have a great weekend! …maybe eat a donut even.
The last thing you want is to feel your foundation sliding off your face at 2:00.
I have rounded up my top 5 liquid face products that are my go-to’s in the warmer months. 1. Loreal True Match LUMI – This has been my go to this month. It provides medium coverage, but still lets your skin shine through. There is a highlighter mixed into the foundation so you get a very glowy finish to you skin. It also has Vitamin C and E to help your skin tone and clarity.
2. Make Up For Ever Face & Body – The great thing about this foundation is how lightweight it is on your skin AND it is waterproof. It has a light to medium buildable coverage and a satin finish (the end results truly mimics your skin..so natural looking). This foundation is water based so you have to shake it up before you use it, but it is totally worth it! It also feels really hydrating.
3. Hourglass Illusion Tinted Moisturizer – This is a super rich and moisturizing product. Even though this is a tinted moisturizer you still get great coverage, and an added SPF 15. It has anti-aging properties which minimize wrinkles and increase your skin’s hydration at the same time. Hourglass products are great for your skin, so I never feel like I am clogging my pores when using this.
4. Neutrogena Healthy Skin – This is a great dewy finish foundation. I would say the LUMI foundation gives a more radiant effect, whereas this gives a more moisturized look. This is often compared to NARS Sheer Glow foundation, but for a fraction of the price. It also is filled with antioxidants and SPF 20 to keep your skin looking young and healthy.
5. Cover FX CC Cream – Out of all these products this has the most coverage, which is crazy for a CC cream. This will treat, correct and protect any imperfections. It will give you a natural finish and last up to 8 hours. The other amazing thing is there is Vitamin C and natural retinoid ingredients which provide anti-aging properties without any sun sensitivities.