Ahhh yes colder weather. This morning I took these pictures I was actually freezing. Finally! I’m loving layering different textures and patterns. It adds some interest to your outfit, and as long as the colors complement each other have fun with it. This oversized sweater is an easy piece to throw on top of anything. It is super chunky which is why I love it! This scarf is super chunky too. AND my booties are. (I just drank an energy drink…)
If you guys saw my last Haul video, then you probably remember a few of these pieces. These boots in particular have become an absolute favorite. I got them for a website called ifchic.com. The site has a mix of handpicked items from really great designers. Also, they have a program called #ifchic24 where you can earn coins to use towards your purchases. Each coin equals $1 and every day you visit the site you earn 6 coins. So you have the potential to earn $180 each month. The great thing is that on the 24th of every month you can use all of your coins towards your purchase. Talk about a huge discount! Definitely check out their beautiful pieces, I listed a few of my current lusts on the site below!
Are you guys loving Fall? I honestly can’t believe Thanksgiving is right around the corner. What the heck? I looked at the calendar today and realized all I need to get done!! Decorating a house has definitely taken over my life and I love it. I’ll have some pictures up soon. We have done so much lately, I feel like everything is falling into place. If you want to see some pictures make sure to follow me on Instagram and Snapchat (kendraatkins) for more updates!
Sephora’s VIB sale is coming up on the 13th so I put together some things that are on my wishlist and also some things that I think would be great to get during this sale. It’s always a good idea to get things you already love and know you’ll be needing soon. Mascara, beauty blenders, concealer and setting sprays are a few things I always need but hate buying. This sale is the perfect time to save a little on those necessities. It’s also a good time to try out things you’ve been eyeing. Palettes, skincare and hair products can be a little pricey so take advantage now. I’m really wanting to try out the Stila Liquid Liner and the Kat Von D Shade and Light Palette! Have you guys tried either? And don’t forget about gifts. If you need to get someone a Christmas gift who loves beauty, this is the perfect time to do your shopping. It’s already November so I need to start figuring out what I need to get! I hope this gives you guys some ideas for your shopping cart.
I am all about boots this fall! From ankle, to wedge to over-the-knee, they are the perfect addition to any look. Since I usually find my favorites shoes from Nordstrom, I rounded up my favorites for you guys. I really do feel like you can never have enough! I especially love black leather ankle booties. They give any outfit a little edge. I also am really into suede boots this year. Nude ones add a feminine touch and can go well with a lot of colors. I just bought those over-the-knee black boots and am in love! Let me know what style boot you like to wear the most! 1-Kristin Cavallari
Hey guys! So I posted a video on my channel, you can watch that HERE all about Cover FX’s foundations. You all know I use these most days and I get a lot of questions asking which one I like the best. The truth is, it depends on what kind of makeup look I want that day. If I want a full face of makeup that will hold up all day, or just a light application for running errands. I made this video to help you differentiate them from one another in terms of the finish and amount of coverage they give. Check down below for a condensed version of each of these products. I’ll let you know why I use different ones for different occasions.
All Cover FX product are free of the inflammatory 5: gluten, mineral oil, talc, parabens and fragrance.
1. BB Gel Mattifying Anti-Blemish Treatment: This BB Gel feels super lightweight on the skin. It gives medium coverage and leaves a matte finish. So if you have oily or acne-prone skin you would love this. There is 1% salicylic treatment, so it helps heal and prevent blemishes while you wear it. This is my go-to when my skin is acting up, especially during hormonal breakouts. It also has thyme extract to help clarify the skin and EVERMAT to reduce pore size and control shine.
2. Pressed Mineral Foundation: I’m more of a liquid foundation type of gal, so I use this to set my other foundations. But if you prefer powder foundation, then this will be great for you! It gives a natural matte finish and provides sheer to buildable coverage. There is amazonian clay to help absorb excess oil and control shine along with green tea leaf extract to calm the skin.
3. Total Cover Cream Foundation: If you are looking for total coverage this is for you! It is a foundation and concealer in one so you can apply all over and then spot treat for more coverage. This has SPF 30 but it still photographs beautifully. I always use this on brides because it gives a natural radiant finish that holds up all day long and feels light on the skin. This foundation also has vitamin E to provide antioxidant protection and promote skin cell renewal. Also, this is good for any skin types, especially sensitive.
4. Natural Finish Oil Free Foundation: This foundation is great for those of you with normal to dry skin. It gives a satin/dewy finish and will last all day long! I find this foundation to be very hydrating and it’s also anti-aging which is always a plus! Since I find this formula to be pretty rich, I like to mix in a drop or two of my Custom Infusion Drops to sheer it out a bit. I’ve been wearing this foundation basically all month!
Let me know if you use any of Cover FX’s foundations, and which are your favorites!
Hey guys! Today I have some of my favorite products to transition your look into fall. I love warm eye shadows, a bronzed face and some berry or red lips. I put together a list of some products I have been especially loving this month. (I know you will too!) Let me know what type of makeup look you love this time of year in the comments!
1. Urban Decay Lipstick in Rapture: This is the perfect nude lip for fall. I am definitely over those concealer-nude lips and now my go-to nude is more of a mauve/taupe color. This is such a flattering shade on so many skintones. It completes your makeup, while still being understated. A must for this time of year!
2. Benefit Roller Lash Mascara: Don’t even get me started on this mascara. Since first using this, I have not found anything better. I love it because it holds my curl and does not transfer! I absolutely hate when my mascara leaves little black dots under my eyes. This will stay put all day long and it isn’t hard to wash off either. I find the Benefit They’re Real a pain to get off at night, but this one comes off great with my cleansing oil. I will continue to buy this over and over!
3. Cover FX Bronzer in Suntan: What I love about this bronzer is the perfect tone it has. Not too muddy, but not too orange. It’s beautiful at warming up your skin tone or contouring. Since it’s matte, it’s pretty hard to go overboard.
4. Smashbox Lipstick in Bing: Such a fun red lip. It has a light cherry tone to it which really is my favorite type of red. It is a little easier to wear and not so vampy. This lipstick dries to a nice satin/matte finish. Super pretty!
5. Butter London Polish in Fancy: I love muted colors on the nails for fall. They look polished (no pun intended) and pair nicely with most outfits. This lilac color is everything!
6. Kevyn Aucoin Eye Liner in Black: My eyes are really sensitive and this is pretty much the only liner I can use that won’t irritate them. It is totally waterproof and extremely creamy, which makes it perfect for the waterline.
7. It Cosmetics Ombre Blush in Sugar Plum: I love a mauve cheek in the fall. It really warms up the complexion and gives a modern feel to any makeup look. Sometimes purple blushes can look intimidating in the pan, but when you apply them to the cheeks they sheer out a lot. Give it a try this season!
8. Cover FX Natural Finish Foundation in N30: I’ve been wearing this foundation almost every day this month. It is very full coverage so when I want to sheer it out a bit, I’ll mix in a drop of my Custom Infusion Drops. If you have normal to dry skin you’ll love this. It gives a satin/dewy finish and lasts all day long!
9. It Cosmetics Naturally Pretty Eye Shadow Palette: Oh my word. This is basically my ideal eye shadow palette. There are 14 (14!!!) beautiful, pigmented matte colors, and 1 nude shimmer. I love the variety of shades, from warm coppers to cooler mauves. Honestly this is a do-all palette. I really could live with this palette and nothing else. That is saying a lot!
10. It Cosmetics Lip Liner in Perfect Red: Like the name, this liner really is the perfect red. It never bleeds on me, lasts a long time and is a creamy texture! Also after applying, it sets nicely on your lips.
11. Maybelline Fit Me Concealer: I love how this concealer sets on the skin. It doesn’t lay in fine lines or cake up throughout the day. I swear it actually looks pretty when you apply it, I know that sounds weird, but it is super flawless. I really get a tone of coverage with this and it’s perfect for blemishes!
So last week we talked about makeup, today is all about hair! 2014 was definitely a year of collecting hair products. From hairspray to masks, I have gone on a rampage testing out a bazillion products. I love working with hair products in place of hot tools. They are a great way to give your hair a break from the heat and amp up your style. I mean, I couldn’t live without dry shampoo. I try to go two days without washing my hair. When I tell most people this, they look at me with disgust…seriously. But it has made my hair so healthy and it grows way faster then before. I also rarely dye my hair now. Honestly, for the past three years I have been dying my hair once a year. I usually get balayage and ombre highlights put it and let my hair grown out naturally. I don’t touch my roots ever. My auburn is getting a lot darker these days and I’m trying to embrace the darker hue and resist going lighter. Okay now on to some hair products that I couldn’t live without. (To see more info on these products, watch my video HERE!)
1. DermOrganic Shampoo & Masque: This has been the one shampoo/conditioner that has really stood out to me this year. It is packed with effective yet natural ingredients, and keeps my hair incredibly healthy and shiny. I love that is has argan oil inside which is great at adding moisture, but it never weighs my hair down. I order mine off Vitacost, but I always see them at Marshalls and Tjmaxx.
2. Giovanni Natural Mousse: What I love most about this mousse, is how you can’t feel it when applied to your hair. It is so lightweight but still adds so much volume and bounce. I use one to two pumps and apply to wet hair. When I blow-dry, I always notice a difference in how much lift my hair has. Another bonus is that it’s made with natural and safe ingredients.
3. Alterna Beach Sun-Recovery Spray: This is my go-to leave-in conditioner, and has been for a few years. It leaves my hair feeling incredibly soft and it smells so fruity and delicious. This is great year round, but especially in the summer when your hair is extra dry and brittle.
4. Bumble and Bumble Texture: Oldie but a goodie. I got this such a long time ago, so don’t let the price fool you. You really get your money’s worth here. I first found out about this from an old hair dresser of mine and was sold after she used it on me. It’s a putty consistency and you have to apply it on wet hair. If you want a surf/relaxed curl you can scrunch your hair and let it air dry. I do this a lot in the summer for an easy hairstyle. Another option is to comb it through, then blow dry your hair and style. The product will give your hair a bit of hold and yes…texture. It really alows you control your hair style and keep your hairstyle alive for at least two days.
5. Macadamia Healing Oil Treatment: I had a sample of this in Hawaii a few years ago and it kept my hair from becoming overly dry despite the weather. It’s a rich oil that you apply to the ends of wet hair. I love how hydrated it keeps my locks and the beautiful, slightly intoxicating scent it leaves in your hair. You can also apply a little to dry hair to smooth your ends, just don’t use too much.
6. Redken Wind Blow Dry Spray: I’m not a huge fan of strong hold hairsprays, which is why this spray has quickly become my BFF. It is a dry spray, so it won’t leave a tacky residue in your hair. Like the name says, it honestly looks like the wind has blown your hair around after using it. I love using this to finish off my hair style and give it an airy bounce. Pretty much my ideal finishing spray.
7. Teaze Comb: A must have! If my hair is ever flat, which is most of the time, I use this toward my part. A teazing ‘brush’ is so much more effective and less abrasive than a standard comb. I keep one in my purse and one in my bathroom AT ALL TIMES. Skip coffee one day and buy yourself one of these gems.
8. Got2B Volumizing Powder: If you want lasting volume, this is a must. It’s a slightly tacky powder that you pour into the roots of your hair. I rub it into my scalp and sometimes will go over it with a teasing comb for extra volume. Whenever I have an event to go to I always use this. If teasing your hair alone doesn’t do the trick, definitely try this as well. It amps up the lift like no other.
9. Herbal Essences Dry Shampoo: A surprising favorite for me this year. I wanted to include something that was easy to find at the drugstore that was also very effective. Dry shampoo’s can be tricky. Some leave a white residue, smell funky, or make your hair feel heavy. This one does everything you could want a dry shampoo to do. It takes away oil, leaves behind a refreshing smell, and adds weightless body to your hair.
10. Alterna Caviar Anti-Aging Dry Shampoo: This is usually my go-to dry shampoo. It’s a powder form which is great because it is much more gentle and safe on your hair. It’s also anti-aging and removes product build up. If you are okay with spending a little more money, I’d go with this dry shampoo.
11. Macadamia Oil Deep Repair Mask: I have tried many hair masks and this has worked the best for my hair. It is incredibly hydrating and healing. Not to mention it has the same scent the the healing oil has. I like to use this about once every two weeks to keep my hair looking and feeling it’s best.
Today we are talking makeup! I went through my makeup and grabbed everything that has really stood out to me this year. These are products that I love and recommend to all my friends. I also have a few extras in my YouTube video HERE. Let me know in the comments your top 2 products from 2014. I hope you all enjoy my picks!
1 – Cover FX Calming Primer: Cover FX products are always in my favorites because they packed with skin-soothing ingredients and free of nasty chemicals and irritants. Oh ya and they work! This primer in particular feels amazing when you apply it. It reduces redness and inflammation which is great after a late night or a lack of sleep. It also clarifies, brightens and evens out your skin tone.
2 – Nars Blush in Madly: This is a blush you would most likely pass by when scanning the makeup counter. It doesn’t look like much in the pan, but once you apply it, you’ll see how it transforms your complexion. That sounds a little dramatic, but I love a good blush. It’s very warm-toned and gives a sun kissed look to your cheeks without being shimmery. I also love to use this as a crease color on my lids. Nars blushes are crazy pigmented and even though they are slightly more expensive, they’ll last forever.
3 – Loreal Shocking Extensions Mascara (waterproof): I am so glad I discovered this mascara. Make sure you get the waterproof formula because it’s completely different than the original. The wand is very thin and has little spikes that separate your lashes. You can really work the wand into the base of your lashes to add both volume and length. I like applying a thickening mascara first, then layering this for crazy lift and separation.
4 – Lorac Porefection Foundation: This has become my number one foundation. It gives a flawless finish to the skin and lasts all day long. It’s packed with anti-aging ingredients like vitamins A & E, aloe leaf, lemon fruit extract and papaya fruit extract. The formula feels incredibly hydrating on the skin and also has SPF 20, always a plus! You’ll get a natural, slightly satin finish and medium to full coverage. I have a few pumps left of mine and I’m trying so hard to savor it!
5 – Mac Lipstick in Blankety: I keep this lipstick in my purse everyday. A lot of nudes pull orange on me because I have really pigmented lips. This lipstick has a slight mauve tone to it and looks true to color when on. It’s an amplified formula which is super creamy and velvety. I have over 10 different lip products in my purse, and this is always the one that ends up on my lips.
6 – Buxom Gloss in White Russian: Another purse favorite! I like to have this near me at all times. It lasts sooo long on your lips, sometimes I can’t even believe it. It is a light milky pink color and plumps up your lips a little when you have it on. It has a little bit of tack to it but feels really comfortable on the lips. This is what I use on brides because of the great staying power and universally flattering shade.
7 – Cover FX Cream Concealer: This concealer is pretty rich in texture, so you need the smallest amount when applying to your skin. I dot a little under my eyes and blend out with either my fingertips or a brush. You can also use on other areas of your face, like dark spots or blemishes. It’s also incredibly hydrating and full coverage!
8 – Mac Blush in Tenderling: Another blush that you wouldn’t look twice at. I tend to go for these muted shades of blush. Tenderling is a cool toned blush that is great for people with fair skin. It’s a rosey-nude, that compliments any makeup look. Whenever I want a very neutral face, I like to pop this on my cheeks to give a slight flush of color.
9 – Hourglass Illusion Tinted Moisturizer: The packaging has recently changed for this product but what’s inside hasn’t! I would say this is more of a foundation than tinted moisturizer. It gives amazing coverage for a ‘tinted moisturizer’ and leaves your skin looking radiant. It also has hyaluronic acid inside which plumps and tightens the skin while filling in deep wrinkles over the course of the day. Have I sold you yet? It also evens out your skin tone, adds moisture to your skin, and has SPF 15. If you want to treat yourself to a luxurious product, this is it!
10 – Benecos Eyeliner: I discovered this natural eyeliner a few years ago and it’s become a staple ever since. I have super sensitive eyes and wear contacts everyday so a lot of eyeliners smudge on my contacts or irritate my eyes throughout the day. This product is both highly pigmented and non-irritating. Black and blue are the two colors I’ve tried, and I love them both.
11 – Bite Beauty Matte Lip Crayon in Glace: So much love for this lippie! It gives the most beautiful mauve matte lip. I never was much of a matte person, but now I’m sold. Matte products typically are very drying, but this product has orange peel extract and resveratrol which keeps your lips super hydrated. Bite Beauty products are made with food-grade ingredients, so you can breath easy knowing you aren’t ingesting nasty chemicals. Every time I wear this color when when I’m with a friend, they try it on and buy it the next day. Seriously it’s that impressive. Oh and it’s water-resistant!
Ahh. I love a great serene bathroom. I like mixing prints and materials to give the room some character and a vintage feel. Black and copper accents, white marble, and big open windows are a few things I am drawn to. I also love simplicity in the general design. A separate tub and shower, large mirrors, and touches of detail. I see bathrooms as a place of relaxation and I feel the design should mimic that entirely. Head over to my Pinterest board to see what else I love!
Hey guys! Long time no talk! Today I have a fun and festive holiday makeup tutorial. Honestly you can wear this look to so many things. Holiday party, out to dinner, shopping…anything! The face is basically what I’ve been doing for the past month, so you can see what products have been in my rotation. For the eyes I did a smokey bronze look. and added some glitter in the end to amp it up a bit. I hope you all enjoy!
It’s so funny when I look back on my pins under the ‘words‘ section. I always seem to be pinning quotes and verses with the same theme. My most recent ones have all been about being the change you want to see. I have recently felt really motivated to take more action in my job and quit waiting around for something to happen. It is all about your mind set. If you wake up with the intention of getting things done and staying positive, so much more is possible. I hope these few words of wisdom will help you get back on track. It is so easy to get lost in the shuffle of things. Sometimes it’s important to collect your thoughts, write down a list of what you need to do, and actually do it. But, through it all remember that God has the ultimate power in our futures and he will guide us every step of the way. When we put our faith in him, everything else will slowly come together the way he has envisioned. I hope you all have a wonderful Wednesday. Enjoy your day and keep you head up! Love you all!