Life has changed quite a bit recently. With the birth of our twin girls, my days are now consumed with feeding, burping and changing on repeat. But I wouldn’t have it any other way! Because of my lack of free time, I have had to alter my beauty routine quite a bit. I still like to take some time each day to freshen myself up so I feel alive, but the amount of products I use is less than before. I now try to be more efficient but still savor those moments I have to myself. All the products I have to mention are from Marshalls. I found some amazing items the last time I was there and I have been using them close to every day since.
The first area I always focus on is the skin. If your skin looks good, your makeup will look much better. Two products I have been loving are the Tiaki Face Serum and the By Nature Eye Crème. Serums are wonderful to pump your skin with nutrients and add moisture at the same time. This one in particular is lightweight yet still very hydrating. It also leaves your skin looking fresh and dewy. The second product that is a must with newborns is an eye cream! I enjoy this one because it targets dark circles. With less sleep at night comes tired undereyes. Make sure to dot on a little eye cream morning and night to keep them looking bright and awake.
Next up is makeup. To cut down on my time I use fewer products on my face. I usually start out with a lightweight BB Cream to even out my skin tone. After that I’ll apply a small amount of powder so it will last. Next, I go in with bronzer to warm up my complexion. I honestly think bronzer is essential these days. I haven’t been outside much so I count on bronzer to give my skin some life and dimension. This one from Bobbi Brown is great for an all over bronze or to contour your features. Last is highlighter. I’ve been loving Laura Geller’s Gilded Honey applied to the high points of my face. It adds almost a ‘wet’ look to your skin. Highlighter is a product that will always make you feel so much better! I also found these brushes at Marshalls and they are awesome. Make sure to check out all their brush kits, they usually have a lot of great options.
Nothing says pampering more than taking a bath. No matter how busy I get I find that there is always time for a 20 minute bath. Load up the bubbles, add some salts and light a candle. A bubble bath is a great way to unwind and relax your body. A good time of day for me is after my husband comes home from work and after we have eaten dinner. I typically put the girls down around 7:00 so there are a few hours of calm. I check out for about 30 minutes, find a good YouTube video to watch and try to savor those quiet moments soaking in the tub. I had to share these bath salts I found because I can’t get over how beautiful the packaging is. The brand is Alchemy Studio and I also have their hand soap, which is equally as pretty!
So even with newborn twins, it is possible to find a little time for yourself! I think it’s important to pamper yourself a little bit to make up for the clothes covered in spit up!
Sephora’s VIB sale is coming up on the 13th so I put together some things that are on my wishlist and also some things that I think would be great to get during this sale. It’s always a good idea to get things you already love and know you’ll be needing soon. Mascara, beauty blenders, concealer and setting sprays are a few things I always need but hate buying. This sale is the perfect time to save a little on those necessities. It’s also a good time to try out things you’ve been eyeing. Palettes, skincare and hair products can be a little pricey so take advantage now. I’m really wanting to try out the Stila Liquid Liner and the Kat Von D Shade and Light Palette! Have you guys tried either? And don’t forget about gifts. If you need to get someone a Christmas gift who loves beauty, this is the perfect time to do your shopping. It’s already November so I need to start figuring out what I need to get! I hope this gives you guys some ideas for your shopping cart.
Hey guys! So I posted a video on my channel, you can watch that HERE all about Cover FX’s foundations. You all know I use these most days and I get a lot of questions asking which one I like the best. The truth is, it depends on what kind of makeup look I want that day. If I want a full face of makeup that will hold up all day, or just a light application for running errands. I made this video to help you differentiate them from one another in terms of the finish and amount of coverage they give. Check down below for a condensed version of each of these products. I’ll let you know why I use different ones for different occasions.
All Cover FX product are free of the inflammatory 5: gluten, mineral oil, talc, parabens and fragrance.
1. BB Gel Mattifying Anti-Blemish Treatment: This BB Gel feels super lightweight on the skin. It gives medium coverage and leaves a matte finish. So if you have oily or acne-prone skin you would love this. There is 1% salicylic treatment, so it helps heal and prevent blemishes while you wear it. This is my go-to when my skin is acting up, especially during hormonal breakouts. It also has thyme extract to help clarify the skin and EVERMAT to reduce pore size and control shine.
2. Pressed Mineral Foundation: I’m more of a liquid foundation type of gal, so I use this to set my other foundations. But if you prefer powder foundation, then this will be great for you! It gives a natural matte finish and provides sheer to buildable coverage. There is amazonian clay to help absorb excess oil and control shine along with green tea leaf extract to calm the skin.
3. Total Cover Cream Foundation: If you are looking for total coverage this is for you! It is a foundation and concealer in one so you can apply all over and then spot treat for more coverage. This has SPF 30 but it still photographs beautifully. I always use this on brides because it gives a natural radiant finish that holds up all day long and feels light on the skin. This foundation also has vitamin E to provide antioxidant protection and promote skin cell renewal. Also, this is good for any skin types, especially sensitive.
4. Natural Finish Oil Free Foundation: This foundation is great for those of you with normal to dry skin. It gives a satin/dewy finish and will last all day long! I find this foundation to be very hydrating and it’s also anti-aging which is always a plus! Since I find this formula to be pretty rich, I like to mix in a drop or two of my Custom Infusion Drops to sheer it out a bit. I’ve been wearing this foundation basically all month!
Let me know if you use any of Cover FX’s foundations, and which are your favorites!
Hey guys! Today I have some of my favorite products to transition your look into fall. I love warm eye shadows, a bronzed face and some berry or red lips. I put together a list of some products I have been especially loving this month. (I know you will too!) Let me know what type of makeup look you love this time of year in the comments!
1. Urban Decay Lipstick in Rapture: This is the perfect nude lip for fall. I am definitely over those concealer-nude lips and now my go-to nude is more of a mauve/taupe color. This is such a flattering shade on so many skintones. It completes your makeup, while still being understated. A must for this time of year!
2. Benefit Roller Lash Mascara: Don’t even get me started on this mascara. Since first using this, I have not found anything better. I love it because it holds my curl and does not transfer! I absolutely hate when my mascara leaves little black dots under my eyes. This will stay put all day long and it isn’t hard to wash off either. I find the Benefit They’re Real a pain to get off at night, but this one comes off great with my cleansing oil. I will continue to buy this over and over!
3. Cover FX Bronzer in Suntan: What I love about this bronzer is the perfect tone it has. Not too muddy, but not too orange. It’s beautiful at warming up your skin tone or contouring. Since it’s matte, it’s pretty hard to go overboard.
4. Smashbox Lipstick in Bing: Such a fun red lip. It has a light cherry tone to it which really is my favorite type of red. It is a little easier to wear and not so vampy. This lipstick dries to a nice satin/matte finish. Super pretty!
5. Butter London Polish in Fancy: I love muted colors on the nails for fall. They look polished (no pun intended) and pair nicely with most outfits. This lilac color is everything!
6. Kevyn Aucoin Eye Liner in Black: My eyes are really sensitive and this is pretty much the only liner I can use that won’t irritate them. It is totally waterproof and extremely creamy, which makes it perfect for the waterline.
7. It Cosmetics Ombre Blush in Sugar Plum: I love a mauve cheek in the fall. It really warms up the complexion and gives a modern feel to any makeup look. Sometimes purple blushes can look intimidating in the pan, but when you apply them to the cheeks they sheer out a lot. Give it a try this season!
8. Cover FX Natural Finish Foundation in N30: I’ve been wearing this foundation almost every day this month. It is very full coverage so when I want to sheer it out a bit, I’ll mix in a drop of my Custom Infusion Drops. If you have normal to dry skin you’ll love this. It gives a satin/dewy finish and lasts all day long!
9. It Cosmetics Naturally Pretty Eye Shadow Palette: Oh my word. This is basically my ideal eye shadow palette. There are 14 (14!!!) beautiful, pigmented matte colors, and 1 nude shimmer. I love the variety of shades, from warm coppers to cooler mauves. Honestly this is a do-all palette. I really could live with this palette and nothing else. That is saying a lot!
10. It Cosmetics Lip Liner in Perfect Red: Like the name, this liner really is the perfect red. It never bleeds on me, lasts a long time and is a creamy texture! Also after applying, it sets nicely on your lips.
11. Maybelline Fit Me Concealer: I love how this concealer sets on the skin. It doesn’t lay in fine lines or cake up throughout the day. I swear it actually looks pretty when you apply it, I know that sounds weird, but it is super flawless. I really get a tone of coverage with this and it’s perfect for blemishes!
Hey guys! For those of you who haven’t heard yet, Cover FX just launched a new product call Custom Cover Drops. Basically, they are pure pigments that you mix with any liquid product, to create a custom foundation. Some things you can mix it with are primers, serums, facial oils or moisturizers. The finish that you get depends on what product you mix it with. The same goes for the coverage, the more drops you add, the more coverage you get. I have been loving experimenting with these drops and being my own mixologist. Let me know if you have tried these out yet in the comments! You can watch my video below to see what they look like applied to the skin.
Today we are talking makeup! I went through my makeup and grabbed everything that has really stood out to me this year. These are products that I love and recommend to all my friends. I also have a few extras in my YouTube video HERE. Let me know in the comments your top 2 products from 2014. I hope you all enjoy my picks!
1 – Cover FX Calming Primer: Cover FX products are always in my favorites because they packed with skin-soothing ingredients and free of nasty chemicals and irritants. Oh ya and they work! This primer in particular feels amazing when you apply it. It reduces redness and inflammation which is great after a late night or a lack of sleep. It also clarifies, brightens and evens out your skin tone.
2 – Nars Blush in Madly: This is a blush you would most likely pass by when scanning the makeup counter. It doesn’t look like much in the pan, but once you apply it, you’ll see how it transforms your complexion. That sounds a little dramatic, but I love a good blush. It’s very warm-toned and gives a sun kissed look to your cheeks without being shimmery. I also love to use this as a crease color on my lids. Nars blushes are crazy pigmented and even though they are slightly more expensive, they’ll last forever.
3 – Loreal Shocking Extensions Mascara (waterproof): I am so glad I discovered this mascara. Make sure you get the waterproof formula because it’s completely different than the original. The wand is very thin and has little spikes that separate your lashes. You can really work the wand into the base of your lashes to add both volume and length. I like applying a thickening mascara first, then layering this for crazy lift and separation.
4 – Lorac Porefection Foundation: This has become my number one foundation. It gives a flawless finish to the skin and lasts all day long. It’s packed with anti-aging ingredients like vitamins A & E, aloe leaf, lemon fruit extract and papaya fruit extract. The formula feels incredibly hydrating on the skin and also has SPF 20, always a plus! You’ll get a natural, slightly satin finish and medium to full coverage. I have a few pumps left of mine and I’m trying so hard to savor it!
5 – Mac Lipstick in Blankety: I keep this lipstick in my purse everyday. A lot of nudes pull orange on me because I have really pigmented lips. This lipstick has a slight mauve tone to it and looks true to color when on. It’s an amplified formula which is super creamy and velvety. I have over 10 different lip products in my purse, and this is always the one that ends up on my lips.
6 – Buxom Gloss in White Russian: Another purse favorite! I like to have this near me at all times. It lasts sooo long on your lips, sometimes I can’t even believe it. It is a light milky pink color and plumps up your lips a little when you have it on. It has a little bit of tack to it but feels really comfortable on the lips. This is what I use on brides because of the great staying power and universally flattering shade.
7 – Cover FX Cream Concealer: This concealer is pretty rich in texture, so you need the smallest amount when applying to your skin. I dot a little under my eyes and blend out with either my fingertips or a brush. You can also use on other areas of your face, like dark spots or blemishes. It’s also incredibly hydrating and full coverage!
8 – Mac Blush in Tenderling: Another blush that you wouldn’t look twice at. I tend to go for these muted shades of blush. Tenderling is a cool toned blush that is great for people with fair skin. It’s a rosey-nude, that compliments any makeup look. Whenever I want a very neutral face, I like to pop this on my cheeks to give a slight flush of color.
9 – Hourglass Illusion Tinted Moisturizer: The packaging has recently changed for this product but what’s inside hasn’t! I would say this is more of a foundation than tinted moisturizer. It gives amazing coverage for a ‘tinted moisturizer’ and leaves your skin looking radiant. It also has hyaluronic acid inside which plumps and tightens the skin while filling in deep wrinkles over the course of the day. Have I sold you yet? It also evens out your skin tone, adds moisture to your skin, and has SPF 15. If you want to treat yourself to a luxurious product, this is it!
10 – Benecos Eyeliner: I discovered this natural eyeliner a few years ago and it’s become a staple ever since. I have super sensitive eyes and wear contacts everyday so a lot of eyeliners smudge on my contacts or irritate my eyes throughout the day. This product is both highly pigmented and non-irritating. Black and blue are the two colors I’ve tried, and I love them both.
11 – Bite Beauty Matte Lip Crayon in Glace: So much love for this lippie! It gives the most beautiful mauve matte lip. I never was much of a matte person, but now I’m sold. Matte products typically are very drying, but this product has orange peel extract and resveratrol which keeps your lips super hydrated. Bite Beauty products are made with food-grade ingredients, so you can breath easy knowing you aren’t ingesting nasty chemicals. Every time I wear this color when when I’m with a friend, they try it on and buy it the next day. Seriously it’s that impressive. Oh and it’s water-resistant!
Hey guys! Long time no talk! Today I have a fun and festive holiday makeup tutorial. Honestly you can wear this look to so many things. Holiday party, out to dinner, shopping…anything! The face is basically what I’ve been doing for the past month, so you can see what products have been in my rotation. For the eyes I did a smokey bronze look. and added some glitter in the end to amp it up a bit. I hope you all enjoy!
Here are my picks for the beauty lover in your life! More gift guides to come…let me know what person you need to shop for! Can you believe it is almost DECEMBER?? What the heck? I’m actually in shock typing this. lol. I need to get started on my holiday shopping, I usually do most of it online. Check my youtube channel on Friday for a special video that is all about holiday sales for cyber Monday and my top picks!
**coupon code for the curling iron**
Get ANY set for $99 + Free Argan Oil + Free Shipping!!
Use Code: doubledip
Get 60% off entire site + Free US Shipping!
Use Code: Kendra60
With Halloween coming up quick, I figured it is the perfect time to have an entire post dedicated to my favorite color (orange didn’t cut it…). Most of these products are things I’ve had my eye on. I mean, look at those booties! I need them in my life asap. And that lipstick! I actually did buy it a few months ago, but I returned it out of buyers remorse. It was the perfect pinky/nude color though. I hope you guys all have a fun Halloween. I’m going to a friends for game night, which is actually ideal to me. On Saturday we are going to Knotts Scary Farm. I’m not sure if I’ll be able to handle it. I am so terrified of everything, so it’ll be interested. I’m going to wear running shoes so I can be ready at any given moment to sprint away. Have some fun shopping my picks and try not to get into a sugar coma this weekend!