Happy Wednesday everyone! Today I have a complete get ready with me video for you. I share with you how I’ve been doing my hair and makeup a lot lately. I hope you all enjoy this video and thanks so much for stopping by! Make sure to subscribe to my youtube channel for more videos! (all products I used are listed below)
Get a free Kevyn Aucoin deluxe sample eye liner with any full size purchase of a Kevyn Aucoin product HERE
Nume Titan 3 (in black)
– Use the code “doubledip” to get ANY styling set for $99 + free argan oil + free shipping to US!
– Use the code “kendra60” to get 60% off the entire NuMe site + free shipping to US!
I have been using some new Too Faced products this month and wanted to give you all a full review on each product. I have used the bronzer before, but everything else was new to me. Let me know in the comments what other Too Faced products you love! I am also giving away a ‘Better Than Sex’ mascara. Rules will be listed down below!
1. Cat Eyes Eye Shadow Palette: Too Faced has some of the best eyeshadows. They are super buttery and highly pigmented. I have been using the top three shades of this palette the most because I am a big neutral girl. The brown on the top middle is perfect for all over the lid. This is a great palette to get if you are a makeup junkie and are looking for something fun to add to your collection. This isn’t great for traveling because I prefer more matte colors, however you can always get away with using your bronzer for a crease color. The three darkest shades can also be worn wet for more pigment!
2. Hangover Primer: This is the most hydrating primer I’ve ever used. Honestly, the title is perfect. You really get an instant pick me up from the sweet coconut scent and dewy finish it gives the skin. It also helps to brighten and smooth the skin. This is a must this winter..and all year round!
3. Beter Than Sex Mascara: This is a particularly wet mascara. If you like a lot of volume then you will like this. You do have to work with it a little and get used to the wand, but I’ve been really liking it. It’s also great for layering. I’ll apply this first, then a separating mascara after. Extra bonus, it won’t make your lashes crunchy!
4. Melted Long Wear Lipstick in Melted Fig: The perfect purple-y lip color. I love the formula of this product, it literally melts into your lips. These have the staying power of a stain, the pigment of a lipstick, and the shine of a gloss. I really want to try more colors because every time I use this I am super impressed.
5. Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer: I have been using this bronzer for the longest time. It comes in two shades, this one is the darker one. I like this shade because it works great for contouring. It is matte, so you don’t have to worry about it making your skin look muddy. It also smells of chocolate, which is obviously amazing.
Hey guys! Today I have a makeup look for you, that I’ve been wearing a lot lately. It is super natural, but very polished at the same time. I kept the eye shadow in matte warm tones, and did a slight winged liner. For my lips I used my Bite lip crayon which I have been loving since I bought it. It is the perfect mauve lip. I listed the main steps below, along with the full tutorial. I hope you all enjoy this look and thanks so much for stopping by!
Happy first day of Fall everyone! We had another hot weekend in Seattle. I swear we brought the heat up here with us. However, it actually rained today. I took Kaila on a walk and it looked so beautiful outside. The air was crisp and you could feel the change of season. It is refreshing to actually have a change of season, unlike southern California. I have put together a collection of pieces that are completely fall appropriate. I love busting out my sweaters, boots and berry colored lipsticks. Let me know down below what you are most excited about this Fall. Also, on my channel I talked about my top five must-haves today. Go ahead and make yourself a cup of hot tea and turn on Sleepless in Seattle, just for me!
Sorry for being MIA this week! I am swamped with things to do. I’m heading to New York on Friday and then my mom and one of my friends is visiting next week so I am trying to get ahead! I wanted to let you all know about the giveaway running on my channel this week. You still have a few days to enter so hurry hurry! Most of the items were in the goody bags I passed out during my meet up. I hope you all enjoy!
Another month has gone by and it’s time to show you my trash! I feel like I was trying to hard to work through some products and for some reason didn’t have much in the end. I used up so many products before we moved so I guess it will take me a little time to start pushing through some more. I love getting to the bottom of my products. I feel somehow rewarded and accomplished. Please tell me some of you feel the same way! This months empties were pretty half and half. Some I liked, some I didn’t. I hope you all get a good sense to how each product worked for me. That’s the nice thing about reviewing a product after it is used up, I completely know how I liked it or not. Thank you all so much for coming by my blog today and have a great Thursday!
After showing my new Red Apple eyeshadows in a Friday Favs video, a lot of you wanted some up close swatches so here they are! These shadows are gorgeous and I use them practically everyday. They are gluten/toxic free and HIGHLY pigmented pressed mineral eye shadows. If you have some shades of your own, let me know what they are!
1. Cover FX BB Gel– This has become my everyday ‘foundation’ this summer. I say foundation because even though it is a bb gel, is gives me great coverage. I like it better than foundation because it has an anti-blemish treatment in it, so it keeps my skin clear. Nobody wants to be breaking out in the summer. The less makeup the better!
2. Essie Polish in Mezmerize– Once this is on my nails, I never want to take it off. It is such a beautiful and rich blue color. Your skin will also look slightly tanner when you wear this. Nail magic.
3. Alterna Rehab Deep Hydration Masque– So, my hair gets super dry and brittle in the summer. I love the sun, but my hair does not. But, when I use this in the shower my hair becomes much more hydrated. It also smells like heaven. My hair drinks this product up and I love it.
4. Butter London Cheek Blush in Piccadilly Circus– This color looks a little bold at first glance, but when blended into the cheeks it mellows out. I love wearing this when I don’t want to look like I have any makeup on. It gives my complexion a gorgeous flush, like I have spent a few hours outside. I also use this on my lips and it looks incredibly natural.
5. Jack Black Lip Balm SPF 25: After a trip to the river this summer, my lips got so so so sunburned. I can’t even explain to you how bad it was. It looked like something bit me or I had lip implants (really bad ones). So now I’m terrified of repeating that incident. I ran to Sephora after that weekend and picked two of these lip balms up because they have a high spf for a lip product. I’m not a fan of the sunscreen scent in most chapsticks, so this one is great. It is super rich and first and foremost protects my lips!
6. Urban Decay Chill Setting Spray– This is a must on super hot days. Makeup sweating down your face is not cute. Spray some of this over your finished makeup to set everything in place and to keep your makeup from looking too cakey.
7. Nature’s Way Coconut Oil– This has replaced aloe vera for me. If you slip up and get sunburned, drench your body in coconut oil overnight. You will waje up thanking me, I promise. It will take the sting out of your burn and turn your skin from red to a beautiful bronze. Did I mention it is 100% natural? Boom!
8. Loreal Infallible Shocking Extension Mascara– I have never been one to use waterproof mascara until this summer. It holds the curl in my lashes all day and never flakes on me. I like this mascara in particular for lots of reasons. First, the formula is incredible. It doesn’t irritate my eyes, is super black, and lasts forever. Second, the wand is crazy good. It is super thin so you can get every single lash, but it still applies a lot of product. It also is CRAZY lengthening and someone manages to thicken up your lashes at the same time. I mean, clearly you can tell I am a fan! (side note: I prefer the waterproof one over the regular formula. I find them to be completely different.)
Happy Friday everyone! I am heading down to San Diego this afternoon for a family function and will be back next Thursday. Of course right when we move we have to fligh home! Here are my favorites for the week. I have been using all these products everyday and I love them all! Thanks for watching and have a great weekend!
For today’s video I wanted to do something light and simple. I was tagged by a friend to do this video and it seemed like fun so I went for it! Summer is a great time of year. To me it means longer and fuller days, lots of water, and lots of sun. As far as beauty goes, I keep things much more simple and minimal. There is nothing worse than foundation melting off your face in the middle of the day. Yuck. I hope you all enjoy this video and are having a great summer so far!