Hey guys! Today I wanted to talk skin! I am a huge skincare lover. I am always on the hunt for the absolute best products. I only share things I have been using when my skin is at it’s best, and lucky for me that time is now! Korres is a brand I’ve been using for a long time, so when they launched a new eye serum and reformulated a few products from their Black Pine line, I knew I had to try them! I also was wanting to find some new products to help with my fine lines and dark circles. During my pregnancy my skin was practically perfect. I never had any breakouts and the weight I gained filled in all my fine lines. Now, almost 5 months postpartum, my lines have come back as I drop the weight. And as far as my eyes go, well let’s just say twins and sleep don’t go hand in hand! (On the bright side, we are sleep training and getting so much more sleep it is amazing! Another blog post on that subject coming soon!) So with a lack of sleep comes dark under eyes. I really never had any issues with darkness before, but now, that is my main area of concern. So let me walk you through these products and let you know why they have changed my skin.
Let’s start with eyes. In the photo above the product on the left is the new Black Pine Super Eye Serum. It will lift your entire eye area, leaving you with youthful, bright and fatigue-free eyes. I have noticed a big improvement in the brightness of my under eyes. They are much less dark and smoother than before. Some days I don’t even feel the need to wear concealer (and that is a BIG deal). The serum stimulates the production of collagen and elastin, while diminishing dark circles and reducing the appearance of fine lines. Things we are always looking for in an eye product! It also contains the Defeye Gravity Complex, which helps with sagging eyelids, and Elastilift-3D, which helps to re-contour your face. Hello chiseled features! The 3D Black Pine Eye Cream will also help promote skin elasticity and improve the texture of your under eye area. I like to add the eye cream on top of the serum for a little more moisture overnight.
The next two products I’ve been really enjoying are the Firming, Lifting & Anti-Wrinkle Night Cream and the Active Firming Sleeping Oil. The Sleeping Oil has also been reformulated with more advanced ingredients! Sometimes I’ll use both together if my skin feels extra dry or other times I’ll just use the Sleeping Oil by itself. The oil is ultra-concentrated and feels silky on the skin. It’s extremely lightweight, so if you aren’t usually a fan of oils I’d suggest you try this one because it really sinks into your skin. It helps to recontour, firm and nourish the skin along with optimizing the volume of your skin, making your face look more lifted. I look forward to using this product before bed because of how luxurious it feels. Such a treat! The night cream contains black pine extracts, which are the first natural polypeptides. This helps with collagen and elastic production, firming the skin and protecting your skin from free radicals. If my skin feels extra dry I will apply the night cream on top of the sleeping oil and always wake up with amazing skin.
So if you are in the market for some new firming and lifting skincare products I highly recommend these. I try so many products so for a line to stand out really means something. My skin has looked so much better since incorporating these into my routine and I am highly critical of my own skin! I’d love to know if you already use some of these and how they work for you! Thanks for stopping by!
It’s almost 2015! I am rounding up my top products of the year and figured I’d start out with skincare. I have a slight obsession with skin care products and am so happy with all the great products I’ve discovered this year. I am a huge fan of using products with pure and natural ingredients. They have transformed my skin and I highly suggest you try substituting some of your products with harsh ingredients with more pure ones. Here are my very favorite skin care items that I use daily!
1. Giovanni Facial Cleansing Towelettes– I always like having face wipes on hand. They are great at taking off the bulk of your makeup, especially while you are watching tv at night! I don’t count on these to do all of my cleansing, but they work really well at a quick and easy clean. (I always wash my face later on with an actual cleanser…see number 2.)
2. Sibu Sea Buckthorn Cleanser– SO. GOOD. If you want the perfect cleanser here you go! This is my go-to. It does a great job at taking your makeup off and giving your skin a deep clean. It has tiny beads that really help to get all the gunk out of your pores. It smells lightly of citrus and has a gel texture. This cleanser won’t burn your eyes and will keep your breakouts away. Seriously, buy it.
3. Shea Terra Argan and Rosemary Cleansing Oil– Alright this product has been life-changing ever since I started using it. No joke. Basically, it’s an oil that you apply first to a cotton ball, then wipe all across your face after you cleanse. You will see everything that wasn’t washed away with your cleanser on the cotton ball. Sometimes if I don’t do a good job at washing my face, it’s a little gross seeing all the gunk that I end up wiping off. But it will leave your skin completely purified and since there is rosemary in this, you are fighting the bacteria on your face. I don’t usually need a moisturizer after I used this product.
4. Andalou Naturals Dermal Filler– I have recently started noticing fine lines on my skin. Sad day. A friend recommended this to me to target under eye fine lines and smile lines near the mouth. I love the smooth texture this product has and I actually can tell that it works. Definitely a staple in my routine now, and it’s always in my shopping cart!
5. CSI Vivid Eyes Cucumber Eye Cream– I don’t get much darkness under my eyes, but I do get puffy in the morning. This eye cream works almost instantly at reducing any redness or puffy areas around your eyes. I love the refreshing scent and how lightweight it is. I see this as an instant wake up product. (Especially great after a long night!)
6. Andalou Naturals Rosewater Mask– Holy moly. The second I opened this little gem and gave it a whiff I was sold. Then after I applied it to my skin I wanted to tell every person I know to go run and buy one! It feels so luxurious and smells like a sweet rosey marshmallow. This is great for replenishing dry skin and adding a glow to the skin.
7. Alba Good & Healthy Weightless Moisture Lotion– This lotion has actual veggies inside so it doesn’t have the best scent. However, the ingredients are so nourishing that I can let that slide. This keeps my skin from ever feeling dry or itchy during the winter months. It works great under makeup and has helped my skin stay balanced.
8. Purlisse Pur-Protect Spf 30 Sunscreen– This is a great all around sunscreen. I apply this either before or after my moisturizer. Honestly which ever is closer to me goes on my skin first! I love that this sunscreen doesn’t smell to strong and is super lightweight. It also has soothing ingredients inside like white tea, which really helps calm my sensitive skin.
9. Andalou Illuminating Toner– I am a huge fan of the brightening line from Andalou Naturals. This toner does a great job at keeping your skin balanced and gets rid of any dirt and grime. With all the brightening products, your skin will look more radiant after using them.
10. Avalon Organics Lavender Scrub– All time favorite scrub. This is an incredibly soothing scrub, which is great if you have sensitive skin like I do. It feels amazing when applied to the skin and you will notice an improvement in your skin after the first use. I love seeing how my skin glows after I use this scrub…it’s slightly addicting. If you are looking for a new scrub this is a no brainer.
11. Andalou Naturals 1000 Roses Night Cream– Like the rose mask I use, this has a similar scent and texture. It not only feels great, but keeps my skin hydrated throughout the entire night. I hate waking up with tight and itchy skin, but when I use this product that never happens! I prefer using this when my skin is on the dry side because it is a rich cream, but never clogs my pores.
12. Just Natural Acne Spot Treatment– Last but not least is this miracle oil. I apply this to any active pimples or bumps on my skin overnight. When I wake up my bumps are either completely gone or reduced in size dramatically! I have tried countless acne products and this is by FAR the best I’ve tried. You might be thinking ‘oil on pimples’? Until you try it out for yourself you won’t know how amazing it is. Trust!