Hey guys! Today I wanted to talk about introducing foods to babies. My twins are now 4 months old and I just started thinking about my plan for feeding them. It’s crazy to think that time is almost here! As of now I am still breastfeeding and giving them formula before bed and sometimes one other time during the day. I also am pumping about 2-3 times a day to up my supply and get some milk for them to have on hand if they won’t nurse. For this post I have partnered up with Stonyfield Organic to show you some more options when it comes to healthy baby food. Their YoBaby line, which is the #1 pediatrician recommended yogurt for ages 6 months-2 years, recently added a new strain of probiotics, BB-12. Probiotics are super beneficial for your gut. And your gut health is the foundation for overall good health.
It’s recommended that you wait to feed solids to your baby until they are 4-6 months old. You also want them to be able to sit upright and hold their head up. Our girls have good head control but still can’t sit up so I’m going to wait until they can. I am starting to notice they get easily distracted when nursing these days. If I start to talk to someone, they will turn their head toward me and start to smile and coo. It’s pretty cute, but can sometimes be frustrating when I want them to eat!
It is a bit overwhelming figuring out what to feed your babies once they are done breastfeeding yet to young for cow’s milk. But dairy is packed with nutrients like calcium and vitamin D which are both super nutritious for growing babies. The nice thing is, even if your babies are still breastfeeding, they can have yogurt at 6 months. These yogurts are a great option and made with organic whole milk.
So what other foods am I going to introduce to our girls first? Egg yolks are at the top of my list. They are packed with beneficial fatty acids and provide cholesterol needed for the optimal development of the nervous system. I’d love to know your thoughts on baby cereal. I’ve heard to pour some breast milk into it to help your baby get used to it. I’m just wondering if it has many nutritional benefits. I’d also like to introduce avocado around six months. They are packed with essential fats, vitamins and minerals. To prepare, I’m going to mush it up and add breast milk to thin it out. The other two things I’d like to introduce early on are bananas and sweet potatoes (both packed with vitamin A, C and folate).
There are so many things to consider when being a mom to two littles, but I just try to trust my instincts and do my best! I hope you all enjoy the rest of your day and thanks so much for stopping by my blog!
If you are into using natural products like myself, making things is your best bet! This scrub is as pure as it gets, and super easy. You only need three ingredients and most are probably already in your pantry. I started off intending this to be a face scrub, but now I think I like it more on my body. I have been using this in the shower all over my body and then apply what’s remaining to my face. You can use a variety of ingredients for scrubs, but I’ll tell you why I specifically chose these three.
MANUKA HONEY: This bottle of honey is pure gold. Honey has anti-bacterial properties, which makes it great at cleansing your skin and getting rid of all the gunk that has accumulated in your pores throughout the day. It is also very hydrating and soothing to the skin. After using honey on your face you will notice the texture of your skin will even out over time, and your breakouts will decrease.
OLIVE OIL: I love using olive oil on my face because it is incredibly hydrating and gentle. No matter what your skin type is, olive oil will work for you. I love the feeling my skin has after using this scrub. I rarely need to use a lotion afterward because of how moisturized my skin is.
SUGAR: Raw cane sugar is a great base for any scrub. It does a great job at exfoliating your skin, but is still gentle enough to use on your face.
I fill my jar pretty full with sugar, a few dashes of olive oil and a spoonful of honey. You can vary the amounts depending on how thick your want yours. Watch my video below to see me mix and apply the scrub!
Oil Cleansing is great at removing all your makeup and deep cleaning your skin. I usually do this once a week, but you can definitely do this more often if you want. If you wear a lot of makeup everyday, this will really help to get everything off at night. What I love about oil cleansing, is that most of these products are already in your pantry. When I first started using oils to cleanse, I would mix them in a little tupperware bowl. Now I use a glass dropper bottle, but you can use whatever you have on hand. Now let me try to convince you to use this method yourself, because it’s freaking amazing and your skin will thank me. You can watch my video down below to learn more about this super easy and awesome way to clean your skin!
1. This is way safer than drugstore or high end makeup removers/cleansers. This is as pure as you can get.
2. When you use this on a regular basis, you will see your amount of breakouts significantly drop or completely disappear.
3. This will serve as your makeup remover, cleanser, and moisturizer so you’ll save yourself some time at night.
4. The oils will extract any dirt, build-up, and makeup that accumulated over the day way more effectively than a typical cleanser.
Castor oil is a great oil to begin with. Use more if you have oily skin, and less if you have dry skin. Then find an oil below to mix with it. I like using 2 parts olive oil and 1 part castor oil. You can also add a little vitamin E to your mixture.
It’s almost 2015! I am rounding up my top products of the year and figured I’d start out with skincare. I have a slight obsession with skin care products and am so happy with all the great products I’ve discovered this year. I am a huge fan of using products with pure and natural ingredients. They have transformed my skin and I highly suggest you try substituting some of your products with harsh ingredients with more pure ones. Here are my very favorite skin care items that I use daily!
1. Giovanni Facial Cleansing Towelettes– I always like having face wipes on hand. They are great at taking off the bulk of your makeup, especially while you are watching tv at night! I don’t count on these to do all of my cleansing, but they work really well at a quick and easy clean. (I always wash my face later on with an actual cleanser…see number 2.)
2. Sibu Sea Buckthorn Cleanser– SO. GOOD. If you want the perfect cleanser here you go! This is my go-to. It does a great job at taking your makeup off and giving your skin a deep clean. It has tiny beads that really help to get all the gunk out of your pores. It smells lightly of citrus and has a gel texture. This cleanser won’t burn your eyes and will keep your breakouts away. Seriously, buy it.
3. Shea Terra Argan and Rosemary Cleansing Oil– Alright this product has been life-changing ever since I started using it. No joke. Basically, it’s an oil that you apply first to a cotton ball, then wipe all across your face after you cleanse. You will see everything that wasn’t washed away with your cleanser on the cotton ball. Sometimes if I don’t do a good job at washing my face, it’s a little gross seeing all the gunk that I end up wiping off. But it will leave your skin completely purified and since there is rosemary in this, you are fighting the bacteria on your face. I don’t usually need a moisturizer after I used this product.
4. Andalou Naturals Dermal Filler– I have recently started noticing fine lines on my skin. Sad day. A friend recommended this to me to target under eye fine lines and smile lines near the mouth. I love the smooth texture this product has and I actually can tell that it works. Definitely a staple in my routine now, and it’s always in my shopping cart!
5. CSI Vivid Eyes Cucumber Eye Cream– I don’t get much darkness under my eyes, but I do get puffy in the morning. This eye cream works almost instantly at reducing any redness or puffy areas around your eyes. I love the refreshing scent and how lightweight it is. I see this as an instant wake up product. (Especially great after a long night!)
6. Andalou Naturals Rosewater Mask– Holy moly. The second I opened this little gem and gave it a whiff I was sold. Then after I applied it to my skin I wanted to tell every person I know to go run and buy one! It feels so luxurious and smells like a sweet rosey marshmallow. This is great for replenishing dry skin and adding a glow to the skin.
7. Alba Good & Healthy Weightless Moisture Lotion– This lotion has actual veggies inside so it doesn’t have the best scent. However, the ingredients are so nourishing that I can let that slide. This keeps my skin from ever feeling dry or itchy during the winter months. It works great under makeup and has helped my skin stay balanced.
8. Purlisse Pur-Protect Spf 30 Sunscreen– This is a great all around sunscreen. I apply this either before or after my moisturizer. Honestly which ever is closer to me goes on my skin first! I love that this sunscreen doesn’t smell to strong and is super lightweight. It also has soothing ingredients inside like white tea, which really helps calm my sensitive skin.
9. Andalou Illuminating Toner– I am a huge fan of the brightening line from Andalou Naturals. This toner does a great job at keeping your skin balanced and gets rid of any dirt and grime. With all the brightening products, your skin will look more radiant after using them.
10. Avalon Organics Lavender Scrub– All time favorite scrub. This is an incredibly soothing scrub, which is great if you have sensitive skin like I do. It feels amazing when applied to the skin and you will notice an improvement in your skin after the first use. I love seeing how my skin glows after I use this scrub…it’s slightly addicting. If you are looking for a new scrub this is a no brainer.
11. Andalou Naturals 1000 Roses Night Cream– Like the rose mask I use, this has a similar scent and texture. It not only feels great, but keeps my skin hydrated throughout the entire night. I hate waking up with tight and itchy skin, but when I use this product that never happens! I prefer using this when my skin is on the dry side because it is a rich cream, but never clogs my pores.
12. Just Natural Acne Spot Treatment– Last but not least is this miracle oil. I apply this to any active pimples or bumps on my skin overnight. When I wake up my bumps are either completely gone or reduced in size dramatically! I have tried countless acne products and this is by FAR the best I’ve tried. You might be thinking ‘oil on pimples’? Until you try it out for yourself you won’t know how amazing it is. Trust!
Hey guys! I hope you are all having a productive week. I can’t believe it’s already Thursday. I need more hours in the day!! So today we are talking hair and body care. I recently started trying out products from Just Natural and am loving everything so far. I want to try more now, even though I do not need any more products in my bathroom! All the products are alcohol free, cruelty free, gluten free, handmade fresh, made in the USA, natural, organic, no gmo’s, paraben free, sulfate free, and vegan. I mean common!!! So I wanted to go over each product I have been using and let you know some of the skin care benefits each has. Also, let me know in the comments if you have tried other products from the line.
1. Vinegar Rinse Cleanser: So happy I found this. I use a lot of products in my hair, and I haven’t been using any clarifying shampoo’s lately. I have always heard that apple cider vinegar is great for getting product build-up out of your hair, but am too lazy to make my own concoction. When I saw that Just Natural carried this, it was the first thing on my wish list. It gets rid of any build up in your hair from the environment, minerals from your water and hair products. It basically detoxifies the barrier of residue on your hair leaving your hair much more soft and super shiny. Each and every one of you needs this in your shower!
2. Shampoo (Thicker Hair): Who doesn’t want thicker hair? Okay, I guess some people don’t. But I am always teasing my hair to give it more volume and lift. This is a great shampoo because it doesn’t way your hair down. I have been using the Dermorganic shampoo for a long time now, but it’s nice to switch off with this one because of how lightweight it is. It contains burdock extract, vitamin b5, rice protein and camellia seed oil which help to strengthen, prevent damage, add body, strength, softness, radiance, and flexibility to the hair. All things that we are all in need of!
3. Leave-in Conditioner: This is very rich cream so you need the tiniest amount. I use this on my ends to help add extra hydration as my hair dries. Most products that contain chemicals just lay on your hair and don’t really sink into the strands. This on the other hand, actually penetrates in the hair with natural fruit extracts, oils and butters. It is full of pure ingredients like babassu oil, fenugreek, calendula and horsetail extracts, that help strengthen and moisturize your
hair. Hello radiance!
4. Manuka Acne Treatment: So I rarely use the words ‘holy grail’ but I think the time has come. This miracle in a bottle is unreal. I had a few pimples on my forehead one night and put a little of this oil on overnight. When I woke up they were almost completely gone. They had shrunk in size and were much less red. Then by the end of the day, they were gone! What!? The manuka oil is anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial and also has antimicrobial properties that penetrate to
unblock pores. Plus, karanja and red thyme naturally improve and restore the skin. Just get yourself a little jar and see the results for yourself!
5. Natural Body Cream: This is some thick cream! If you get super dry in the colder months this will really help you out. It contains macadamia oil and illipe butter to provide deep hydration and smoothness. I keep this on my bedside table and use right when I get out of the shower. It feels like butter putting on, and my skin drinks it up. Say goodbye to cracked knees and ankles. Okay that sounded gross, but it’s true.
6. Natural Body Wash: (Skin Calming): If you are looking for a pure and hydrating shower gel you will love this. It has aloe vera, licorice extract and sea buckthorn oil which are all incredibly moisturizing and soothing to the skin. It’s also packed with omega rich oils, vitamins and protein to renew your skin. This one has an herbally scent which is what I gravitate toward. If you walk into Aveda stores and find yourself inhaling deeply, I’m right there with you. This has earned a spot in my shower this fall and I am thoroughly enjoying it!
Now I want to go take a shower after writing this!
Well hello everyone! I am actually happy that it’s Monday. Am I crazy? Two things that make me happy are stability and predictability. This move has been such a whirl wind and I honestly was starting to go a little insane. We finally have a decent amount of furniture (I’ll have a video on all the furniture we found). I can actually sit down at my desk and type on my desktop! You have no idea how happy that makes me. It gets a little old laying in bed, typing blog posts on your laptop. I am one of those people. Yes. What else has changed? My videos are starting to get back to a normal schedule and I am finally getting caught up on my emails. There is nothing worse than a bunch of unanswered emails! Sooo, today’s video is all about skincare. I am a skincare junkie. Sort of. I really enjoy washing my face at night and applying products. It is a relaxing experience for me and I try to enjoy it instead of rushing through. I also like skincare products a lot more since I switched over to using mostly natural products. I experience way less break outs, redness and uneven skin tone. My skin also is much brighter than it’s ever been. I hope you all enjoy this video and hopefully you can try some of these products out for yourself!
It is no secret I have a love affair with Vitacost. Most of the time I talk about the beauty products I purchase, but believe it or not, I spend more money on food and drinks. I love trying out new natural companies but am not a fan of the price tag of most of these brands. So, I typically buy all of my dry goods and some drinks online. Almond milk, coconut water, granola bars, canned goods, salsa…..yes I know I am sort of insane. But hey, I save money and I am proud of that! If you guys want a big list of what I usually buy from Vitacost as far as groceries go, let me know. So here is an order I recently made with some new bars, protein powders and other random items. I hope you all enjoy and let me know what your favorites are from Vitacost. If you don’t know what Vitacost is, then you must be new to my channel!
I recently got some gorgeous goodies from Eco Diva Beauty and had to share them with you. I filmed a haul video so you can see my thoughts on all the products. I also mention more products then I have shown here. So far I am so impressed with everything! Let me know what other companies I should try!
I get so many questions on what I use on my hair so I figured it was time to do an updated hair care routine. I also have other tips on how I keep my hair healthy. Here are my top products for shiny and long locks!
I have been testing out these Shea Terra Organics products for the last few weeks and am totally impressed. Since I have tried so many skin care brands, I have pretty high standards. These products have done such great things to my skin. I am really impressed with how pure and natural the ingredients are, the packaging and how well they work. I would definitely suggest checking this line out if you are in the need of some new body/skin care products, or if you feel like shopping!
Rose Hips Black Soap Facial Wash: This cleanser is a rich black/brown color and smells like a combination of roses and soap. After using this for just a few days I noticed my blackheads were practically gone, and my skin looked noticeably tighter. You can also leave it on your face for 5-10 minutes if you want deeper treatment. This has quickly become my new favorite cleanser.
Argan Rosemary Facial Cleansing Oil: This product is an essential to me now. You pump a little onto a cotton ball and swipe it across your face after cleansing. It gets rid of any remaining dirt or debris that was left behind. The rosemary oil kills bacteria, which is why this is an amazing product for getting rid of acne.
Moroccan Argan Oil: I mean, if any of you out there don’t have Argan Oil in your life get with it! This oil is the perfect nighttime moisturizer. You need the smallest amount, just enough to absorb in to your skin. I promise you will wake up with more plump and hydrated skin.
Argan and Olive Hand and Body Lotion: This is a lightweight, yet hydrating lotion. It absorbs so quickly into the skin and leaves a silky glow behind. It smells strongly of peppermint, with a bit of sweetness (sort of like those mini peppermint candy canes). I find the scent to last a while and even tingles my skin, which is really relaxing.
African Blue Calming Bath Oil Drops:This is really unique product. The oil is blue and very fragrant. This product is ideal if you work out a lot and have really sore muscles. You put some into your bath and it will perfume the air and hydrate your skin. When you get out of the bath you don’t even need to apply lotion because of how moisturized you’ll already be.