So last week we talked about makeup, today is all about hair! 2014 was definitely a year of collecting hair products. From hairspray to masks, I have gone on a rampage testing out a bazillion products. I love working with hair products in place of hot tools. They are a great way to give your hair a break from the heat and amp up your style. I mean, I couldn’t live without dry shampoo. I try to go two days without washing my hair. When I tell most people this, they look at me with disgust…seriously. But it has made my hair so healthy and it grows way faster then before. I also rarely dye my hair now. Honestly, for the past three years I have been dying my hair once a year. I usually get balayage and ombre highlights put it and let my hair grown out naturally. I don’t touch my roots ever. My auburn is getting a lot darker these days and I’m trying to embrace the darker hue and resist going lighter. Okay now on to some hair products that I couldn’t live without. (To see more info on these products, watch my video HERE!)
1. DermOrganic Shampoo & Masque: This has been the one shampoo/conditioner that has really stood out to me this year. It is packed with effective yet natural ingredients, and keeps my hair incredibly healthy and shiny. I love that is has argan oil inside which is great at adding moisture, but it never weighs my hair down. I order mine off Vitacost, but I always see them at Marshalls and Tjmaxx.
2. Giovanni Natural Mousse: What I love most about this mousse, is how you can’t feel it when applied to your hair. It is so lightweight but still adds so much volume and bounce. I use one to two pumps and apply to wet hair. When I blow-dry, I always notice a difference in how much lift my hair has. Another bonus is that it’s made with natural and safe ingredients.
3. Alterna Beach Sun-Recovery Spray: This is my go-to leave-in conditioner, and has been for a few years. It leaves my hair feeling incredibly soft and it smells so fruity and delicious. This is great year round, but especially in the summer when your hair is extra dry and brittle.
4. Bumble and Bumble Texture: Oldie but a goodie. I got this such a long time ago, so don’t let the price fool you. You really get your money’s worth here. I first found out about this from an old hair dresser of mine and was sold after she used it on me. It’s a putty consistency and you have to apply it on wet hair. If you want a surf/relaxed curl you can scrunch your hair and let it air dry. I do this a lot in the summer for an easy hairstyle. Another option is to comb it through, then blow dry your hair and style. The product will give your hair a bit of hold and yes…texture. It really alows you control your hair style and keep your hairstyle alive for at least two days.
5. Macadamia Healing Oil Treatment: I had a sample of this in Hawaii a few years ago and it kept my hair from becoming overly dry despite the weather. It’s a rich oil that you apply to the ends of wet hair. I love how hydrated it keeps my locks and the beautiful, slightly intoxicating scent it leaves in your hair. You can also apply a little to dry hair to smooth your ends, just don’t use too much.
6. Redken Wind Blow Dry Spray: I’m not a huge fan of strong hold hairsprays, which is why this spray has quickly become my BFF. It is a dry spray, so it won’t leave a tacky residue in your hair. Like the name says, it honestly looks like the wind has blown your hair around after using it. I love using this to finish off my hair style and give it an airy bounce. Pretty much my ideal finishing spray.
7. Teaze Comb: A must have! If my hair is ever flat, which is most of the time, I use this toward my part. A teazing ‘brush’ is so much more effective and less abrasive than a standard comb. I keep one in my purse and one in my bathroom AT ALL TIMES. Skip coffee one day and buy yourself one of these gems.
8. Got2B Volumizing Powder: If you want lasting volume, this is a must. It’s a slightly tacky powder that you pour into the roots of your hair. I rub it into my scalp and sometimes will go over it with a teasing comb for extra volume. Whenever I have an event to go to I always use this. If teasing your hair alone doesn’t do the trick, definitely try this as well. It amps up the lift like no other.
9. Herbal Essences Dry Shampoo: A surprising favorite for me this year. I wanted to include something that was easy to find at the drugstore that was also very effective. Dry shampoo’s can be tricky. Some leave a white residue, smell funky, or make your hair feel heavy. This one does everything you could want a dry shampoo to do. It takes away oil, leaves behind a refreshing smell, and adds weightless body to your hair.
10. Alterna Caviar Anti-Aging Dry Shampoo: This is usually my go-to dry shampoo. It’s a powder form which is great because it is much more gentle and safe on your hair. It’s also anti-aging and removes product build up. If you are okay with spending a little more money, I’d go with this dry shampoo.
11. Macadamia Oil Deep Repair Mask: I have tried many hair masks and this has worked the best for my hair. It is incredibly hydrating and healing. Not to mention it has the same scent the the healing oil has. I like to use this about once every two weeks to keep my hair looking and feeling it’s best.
Hey guys! I hope you are all having a productive week. I can’t believe it’s already Thursday. I need more hours in the day!! So today we are talking hair and body care. I recently started trying out products from Just Natural and am loving everything so far. I want to try more now, even though I do not need any more products in my bathroom! All the products are alcohol free, cruelty free, gluten free, handmade fresh, made in the USA, natural, organic, no gmo’s, paraben free, sulfate free, and vegan. I mean common!!! So I wanted to go over each product I have been using and let you know some of the skin care benefits each has. Also, let me know in the comments if you have tried other products from the line.
1. Vinegar Rinse Cleanser: So happy I found this. I use a lot of products in my hair, and I haven’t been using any clarifying shampoo’s lately. I have always heard that apple cider vinegar is great for getting product build-up out of your hair, but am too lazy to make my own concoction. When I saw that Just Natural carried this, it was the first thing on my wish list. It gets rid of any build up in your hair from the environment, minerals from your water and hair products. It basically detoxifies the barrier of residue on your hair leaving your hair much more soft and super shiny. Each and every one of you needs this in your shower!
2. Shampoo (Thicker Hair): Who doesn’t want thicker hair? Okay, I guess some people don’t. But I am always teasing my hair to give it more volume and lift. This is a great shampoo because it doesn’t way your hair down. I have been using the Dermorganic shampoo for a long time now, but it’s nice to switch off with this one because of how lightweight it is. It contains burdock extract, vitamin b5, rice protein and camellia seed oil which help to strengthen, prevent damage, add body, strength, softness, radiance, and flexibility to the hair. All things that we are all in need of!
3. Leave-in Conditioner: This is very rich cream so you need the tiniest amount. I use this on my ends to help add extra hydration as my hair dries. Most products that contain chemicals just lay on your hair and don’t really sink into the strands. This on the other hand, actually penetrates in the hair with natural fruit extracts, oils and butters. It is full of pure ingredients like babassu oil, fenugreek, calendula and horsetail extracts, that help strengthen and moisturize your
hair. Hello radiance!
4. Manuka Acne Treatment: So I rarely use the words ‘holy grail’ but I think the time has come. This miracle in a bottle is unreal. I had a few pimples on my forehead one night and put a little of this oil on overnight. When I woke up they were almost completely gone. They had shrunk in size and were much less red. Then by the end of the day, they were gone! What!? The manuka oil is anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial and also has antimicrobial properties that penetrate to
unblock pores. Plus, karanja and red thyme naturally improve and restore the skin. Just get yourself a little jar and see the results for yourself!
5. Natural Body Cream: This is some thick cream! If you get super dry in the colder months this will really help you out. It contains macadamia oil and illipe butter to provide deep hydration and smoothness. I keep this on my bedside table and use right when I get out of the shower. It feels like butter putting on, and my skin drinks it up. Say goodbye to cracked knees and ankles. Okay that sounded gross, but it’s true.
6. Natural Body Wash: (Skin Calming): If you are looking for a pure and hydrating shower gel you will love this. It has aloe vera, licorice extract and sea buckthorn oil which are all incredibly moisturizing and soothing to the skin. It’s also packed with omega rich oils, vitamins and protein to renew your skin. This one has an herbally scent which is what I gravitate toward. If you walk into Aveda stores and find yourself inhaling deeply, I’m right there with you. This has earned a spot in my shower this fall and I am thoroughly enjoying it!
Now I want to go take a shower after writing this!
Sorry for being MIA this week! I am swamped with things to do. I’m heading to New York on Friday and then my mom and one of my friends is visiting next week so I am trying to get ahead! I wanted to let you all know about the giveaway running on my channel this week. You still have a few days to enter so hurry hurry! Most of the items were in the goody bags I passed out during my meet up. I hope you all enjoy!
Happy Friday everyone! I am heading down to San Diego this afternoon for a family function and will be back next Thursday. Of course right when we move we have to fligh home! Here are my favorites for the week. I have been using all these products everyday and I love them all! Thanks for watching and have a great weekend!
Today’s tutorial is both makeup and hair! I have been doing my hair straight for the past month, so I show you how simple it is to style it. For my makeup, I did a very dewy and pretty look. I used a lot of pinks and browns to create a very soft look. I hope you all enjoy the video and thanks so much for watching!