Ahhh yes colder weather. This morning I took these pictures I was actually freezing. Finally! I’m loving layering different textures and patterns. It adds some interest to your outfit, and as long as the colors complement each other have fun with it. This oversized sweater is an easy piece to throw on top of anything. It is super chunky which is why I love it! This scarf is super chunky too. AND my booties are. (I just drank an energy drink…)
If you guys saw my last Haul video, then you probably remember a few of these pieces. These boots in particular have become an absolute favorite. I got them for a website called ifchic.com. The site has a mix of handpicked items from really great designers. Also, they have a program called #ifchic24 where you can earn coins to use towards your purchases. Each coin equals $1 and every day you visit the site you earn 6 coins. So you have the potential to earn $180 each month. The great thing is that on the 24th of every month you can use all of your coins towards your purchase. Talk about a huge discount! Definitely check out their beautiful pieces, I listed a few of my current lusts on the site below!
Are you guys loving Fall? I honestly can’t believe Thanksgiving is right around the corner. What the heck? I looked at the calendar today and realized all I need to get done!! Decorating a house has definitely taken over my life and I love it. I’ll have some pictures up soon. We have done so much lately, I feel like everything is falling into place. If you want to see some pictures make sure to follow me on Instagram and Snapchat (kendraatkins) for more updates!
Hey guys! So I posted a video on my channel, you can watch that HERE all about Cover FX’s foundations. You all know I use these most days and I get a lot of questions asking which one I like the best. The truth is, it depends on what kind of makeup look I want that day. If I want a full face of makeup that will hold up all day, or just a light application for running errands. I made this video to help you differentiate them from one another in terms of the finish and amount of coverage they give. Check down below for a condensed version of each of these products. I’ll let you know why I use different ones for different occasions.
All Cover FX product are free of the inflammatory 5: gluten, mineral oil, talc, parabens and fragrance.
1. BB Gel Mattifying Anti-Blemish Treatment: This BB Gel feels super lightweight on the skin. It gives medium coverage and leaves a matte finish. So if you have oily or acne-prone skin you would love this. There is 1% salicylic treatment, so it helps heal and prevent blemishes while you wear it. This is my go-to when my skin is acting up, especially during hormonal breakouts. It also has thyme extract to help clarify the skin and EVERMAT to reduce pore size and control shine.
2. Pressed Mineral Foundation: I’m more of a liquid foundation type of gal, so I use this to set my other foundations. But if you prefer powder foundation, then this will be great for you! It gives a natural matte finish and provides sheer to buildable coverage. There is amazonian clay to help absorb excess oil and control shine along with green tea leaf extract to calm the skin.
3. Total Cover Cream Foundation: If you are looking for total coverage this is for you! It is a foundation and concealer in one so you can apply all over and then spot treat for more coverage. This has SPF 30 but it still photographs beautifully. I always use this on brides because it gives a natural radiant finish that holds up all day long and feels light on the skin. This foundation also has vitamin E to provide antioxidant protection and promote skin cell renewal. Also, this is good for any skin types, especially sensitive.
4. Natural Finish Oil Free Foundation: This foundation is great for those of you with normal to dry skin. It gives a satin/dewy finish and will last all day long! I find this foundation to be very hydrating and it’s also anti-aging which is always a plus! Since I find this formula to be pretty rich, I like to mix in a drop or two of my Custom Infusion Drops to sheer it out a bit. I’ve been wearing this foundation basically all month!
Let me know if you use any of Cover FX’s foundations, and which are your favorites!
Hey guys! Today I have some of my favorite products to transition your look into fall. I love warm eye shadows, a bronzed face and some berry or red lips. I put together a list of some products I have been especially loving this month. (I know you will too!) Let me know what type of makeup look you love this time of year in the comments!
1. Urban Decay Lipstick in Rapture: This is the perfect nude lip for fall. I am definitely over those concealer-nude lips and now my go-to nude is more of a mauve/taupe color. This is such a flattering shade on so many skintones. It completes your makeup, while still being understated. A must for this time of year!
2. Benefit Roller Lash Mascara: Don’t even get me started on this mascara. Since first using this, I have not found anything better. I love it because it holds my curl and does not transfer! I absolutely hate when my mascara leaves little black dots under my eyes. This will stay put all day long and it isn’t hard to wash off either. I find the Benefit They’re Real a pain to get off at night, but this one comes off great with my cleansing oil. I will continue to buy this over and over!
3. Cover FX Bronzer in Suntan: What I love about this bronzer is the perfect tone it has. Not too muddy, but not too orange. It’s beautiful at warming up your skin tone or contouring. Since it’s matte, it’s pretty hard to go overboard.
4. Smashbox Lipstick in Bing: Such a fun red lip. It has a light cherry tone to it which really is my favorite type of red. It is a little easier to wear and not so vampy. This lipstick dries to a nice satin/matte finish. Super pretty!
5. Butter London Polish in Fancy: I love muted colors on the nails for fall. They look polished (no pun intended) and pair nicely with most outfits. This lilac color is everything!
6. Kevyn Aucoin Eye Liner in Black: My eyes are really sensitive and this is pretty much the only liner I can use that won’t irritate them. It is totally waterproof and extremely creamy, which makes it perfect for the waterline.
7. It Cosmetics Ombre Blush in Sugar Plum: I love a mauve cheek in the fall. It really warms up the complexion and gives a modern feel to any makeup look. Sometimes purple blushes can look intimidating in the pan, but when you apply them to the cheeks they sheer out a lot. Give it a try this season!
8. Cover FX Natural Finish Foundation in N30: I’ve been wearing this foundation almost every day this month. It is very full coverage so when I want to sheer it out a bit, I’ll mix in a drop of my Custom Infusion Drops. If you have normal to dry skin you’ll love this. It gives a satin/dewy finish and lasts all day long!
9. It Cosmetics Naturally Pretty Eye Shadow Palette: Oh my word. This is basically my ideal eye shadow palette. There are 14 (14!!!) beautiful, pigmented matte colors, and 1 nude shimmer. I love the variety of shades, from warm coppers to cooler mauves. Honestly this is a do-all palette. I really could live with this palette and nothing else. That is saying a lot!
10. It Cosmetics Lip Liner in Perfect Red: Like the name, this liner really is the perfect red. It never bleeds on me, lasts a long time and is a creamy texture! Also after applying, it sets nicely on your lips.
11. Maybelline Fit Me Concealer: I love how this concealer sets on the skin. It doesn’t lay in fine lines or cake up throughout the day. I swear it actually looks pretty when you apply it, I know that sounds weird, but it is super flawless. I really get a tone of coverage with this and it’s perfect for blemishes!
Hey guys! Long time no talk! Today I have a skincare review on the company Radical Skincare. I have been using three of their products for about two months now and wanted to give you the low down on each of them. Their products are paraben, phthalate and sulfate free. I have pretty sensitive skin, especially with anti-aging products, and these have not made me break out at all! This makes me super excited because I REALLY want to start upping my anti-aging game but most are super rich and break me out. I also just posted my evening skincare routine on my YouTube channel so you can watch that HERE.
1. Instant Revitalizing Mask: My new love. This is seriously the coolest mask I have ever tried. And I have tried a lot of masks. So you apply it to the skin and it looks like a serum. Once you start rubbing it in it turns into more of a white paste. THEN, it starts foaming around the areas that need extra help on your skin. I find that it foams a lot by my nose, forehead (hello forehead lines that I’m not such a fan of!), and also my chin. Basically most people’s trouble areas. After washing off, my skin looks much brighter than before and it feels firmer and super hydrated. You will honestly glow afterward. Two thumbs up! If you want to watch it in action, check out my skincare video.
2. Age-Defying Pads: These little suckers are super effective. They are pads that you apply after cleansing the skin. Just like the mask, you will notice your skin instantly looks much brighter. I only use these every few days because they are full of AHA and BHA acid, making them pretty potent. They help support natural cell turnover, which slows down the aging process. If you are looking to tighten and firm your skin, and minimize the look of your pores and fine lines, these pads are for you!!!
3. Youth Infusion Serum: Last but not least, is this little but mighty serum. This serum is ultra hydrating and really does a great job and rejuvenating the skin. It leaves your skin looking brighter, smoother and gives a youthful glow to the skin. There is algae extract inside which tightens the appearance of skin, protects from oxidative stress, along with antioxidants and skin soothing agents to deeply hydrate, reduces redness, and calm inflammation. I mean…basically everything you want in one product.
Overall, I have been super impressed with the few products I have tried out so far. If you have been on the fence for this line I would definitely suggest trying it out for yourself. Each product has really brightened up my complexion and smoothed out my skin. Let me know if you have tried any other products from this company! Thanks for stopping by and have an awesome day!
So last week we talked about makeup, today is all about hair! 2014 was definitely a year of collecting hair products. From hairspray to masks, I have gone on a rampage testing out a bazillion products. I love working with hair products in place of hot tools. They are a great way to give your hair a break from the heat and amp up your style. I mean, I couldn’t live without dry shampoo. I try to go two days without washing my hair. When I tell most people this, they look at me with disgust…seriously. But it has made my hair so healthy and it grows way faster then before. I also rarely dye my hair now. Honestly, for the past three years I have been dying my hair once a year. I usually get balayage and ombre highlights put it and let my hair grown out naturally. I don’t touch my roots ever. My auburn is getting a lot darker these days and I’m trying to embrace the darker hue and resist going lighter. Okay now on to some hair products that I couldn’t live without. (To see more info on these products, watch my video HERE!)
1. DermOrganic Shampoo & Masque: This has been the one shampoo/conditioner that has really stood out to me this year. It is packed with effective yet natural ingredients, and keeps my hair incredibly healthy and shiny. I love that is has argan oil inside which is great at adding moisture, but it never weighs my hair down. I order mine off Vitacost, but I always see them at Marshalls and Tjmaxx.
2. Giovanni Natural Mousse: What I love most about this mousse, is how you can’t feel it when applied to your hair. It is so lightweight but still adds so much volume and bounce. I use one to two pumps and apply to wet hair. When I blow-dry, I always notice a difference in how much lift my hair has. Another bonus is that it’s made with natural and safe ingredients.
3. Alterna Beach Sun-Recovery Spray: This is my go-to leave-in conditioner, and has been for a few years. It leaves my hair feeling incredibly soft and it smells so fruity and delicious. This is great year round, but especially in the summer when your hair is extra dry and brittle.
4. Bumble and Bumble Texture: Oldie but a goodie. I got this such a long time ago, so don’t let the price fool you. You really get your money’s worth here. I first found out about this from an old hair dresser of mine and was sold after she used it on me. It’s a putty consistency and you have to apply it on wet hair. If you want a surf/relaxed curl you can scrunch your hair and let it air dry. I do this a lot in the summer for an easy hairstyle. Another option is to comb it through, then blow dry your hair and style. The product will give your hair a bit of hold and yes…texture. It really alows you control your hair style and keep your hairstyle alive for at least two days.
5. Macadamia Healing Oil Treatment: I had a sample of this in Hawaii a few years ago and it kept my hair from becoming overly dry despite the weather. It’s a rich oil that you apply to the ends of wet hair. I love how hydrated it keeps my locks and the beautiful, slightly intoxicating scent it leaves in your hair. You can also apply a little to dry hair to smooth your ends, just don’t use too much.
6. Redken Wind Blow Dry Spray: I’m not a huge fan of strong hold hairsprays, which is why this spray has quickly become my BFF. It is a dry spray, so it won’t leave a tacky residue in your hair. Like the name says, it honestly looks like the wind has blown your hair around after using it. I love using this to finish off my hair style and give it an airy bounce. Pretty much my ideal finishing spray.
7. Teaze Comb: A must have! If my hair is ever flat, which is most of the time, I use this toward my part. A teazing ‘brush’ is so much more effective and less abrasive than a standard comb. I keep one in my purse and one in my bathroom AT ALL TIMES. Skip coffee one day and buy yourself one of these gems.
8. Got2B Volumizing Powder: If you want lasting volume, this is a must. It’s a slightly tacky powder that you pour into the roots of your hair. I rub it into my scalp and sometimes will go over it with a teasing comb for extra volume. Whenever I have an event to go to I always use this. If teasing your hair alone doesn’t do the trick, definitely try this as well. It amps up the lift like no other.
9. Herbal Essences Dry Shampoo: A surprising favorite for me this year. I wanted to include something that was easy to find at the drugstore that was also very effective. Dry shampoo’s can be tricky. Some leave a white residue, smell funky, or make your hair feel heavy. This one does everything you could want a dry shampoo to do. It takes away oil, leaves behind a refreshing smell, and adds weightless body to your hair.
10. Alterna Caviar Anti-Aging Dry Shampoo: This is usually my go-to dry shampoo. It’s a powder form which is great because it is much more gentle and safe on your hair. It’s also anti-aging and removes product build up. If you are okay with spending a little more money, I’d go with this dry shampoo.
11. Macadamia Oil Deep Repair Mask: I have tried many hair masks and this has worked the best for my hair. It is incredibly hydrating and healing. Not to mention it has the same scent the the healing oil has. I like to use this about once every two weeks to keep my hair looking and feeling it’s best.
Today we are talking makeup! I went through my makeup and grabbed everything that has really stood out to me this year. These are products that I love and recommend to all my friends. I also have a few extras in my YouTube video HERE. Let me know in the comments your top 2 products from 2014. I hope you all enjoy my picks!
1 – Cover FX Calming Primer: Cover FX products are always in my favorites because they packed with skin-soothing ingredients and free of nasty chemicals and irritants. Oh ya and they work! This primer in particular feels amazing when you apply it. It reduces redness and inflammation which is great after a late night or a lack of sleep. It also clarifies, brightens and evens out your skin tone.
2 – Nars Blush in Madly: This is a blush you would most likely pass by when scanning the makeup counter. It doesn’t look like much in the pan, but once you apply it, you’ll see how it transforms your complexion. That sounds a little dramatic, but I love a good blush. It’s very warm-toned and gives a sun kissed look to your cheeks without being shimmery. I also love to use this as a crease color on my lids. Nars blushes are crazy pigmented and even though they are slightly more expensive, they’ll last forever.
3 – Loreal Shocking Extensions Mascara (waterproof): I am so glad I discovered this mascara. Make sure you get the waterproof formula because it’s completely different than the original. The wand is very thin and has little spikes that separate your lashes. You can really work the wand into the base of your lashes to add both volume and length. I like applying a thickening mascara first, then layering this for crazy lift and separation.
4 – Lorac Porefection Foundation: This has become my number one foundation. It gives a flawless finish to the skin and lasts all day long. It’s packed with anti-aging ingredients like vitamins A & E, aloe leaf, lemon fruit extract and papaya fruit extract. The formula feels incredibly hydrating on the skin and also has SPF 20, always a plus! You’ll get a natural, slightly satin finish and medium to full coverage. I have a few pumps left of mine and I’m trying so hard to savor it!
5 – Mac Lipstick in Blankety: I keep this lipstick in my purse everyday. A lot of nudes pull orange on me because I have really pigmented lips. This lipstick has a slight mauve tone to it and looks true to color when on. It’s an amplified formula which is super creamy and velvety. I have over 10 different lip products in my purse, and this is always the one that ends up on my lips.
6 – Buxom Gloss in White Russian: Another purse favorite! I like to have this near me at all times. It lasts sooo long on your lips, sometimes I can’t even believe it. It is a light milky pink color and plumps up your lips a little when you have it on. It has a little bit of tack to it but feels really comfortable on the lips. This is what I use on brides because of the great staying power and universally flattering shade.
7 – Cover FX Cream Concealer: This concealer is pretty rich in texture, so you need the smallest amount when applying to your skin. I dot a little under my eyes and blend out with either my fingertips or a brush. You can also use on other areas of your face, like dark spots or blemishes. It’s also incredibly hydrating and full coverage!
8 – Mac Blush in Tenderling: Another blush that you wouldn’t look twice at. I tend to go for these muted shades of blush. Tenderling is a cool toned blush that is great for people with fair skin. It’s a rosey-nude, that compliments any makeup look. Whenever I want a very neutral face, I like to pop this on my cheeks to give a slight flush of color.
9 – Hourglass Illusion Tinted Moisturizer: The packaging has recently changed for this product but what’s inside hasn’t! I would say this is more of a foundation than tinted moisturizer. It gives amazing coverage for a ‘tinted moisturizer’ and leaves your skin looking radiant. It also has hyaluronic acid inside which plumps and tightens the skin while filling in deep wrinkles over the course of the day. Have I sold you yet? It also evens out your skin tone, adds moisture to your skin, and has SPF 15. If you want to treat yourself to a luxurious product, this is it!
10 – Benecos Eyeliner: I discovered this natural eyeliner a few years ago and it’s become a staple ever since. I have super sensitive eyes and wear contacts everyday so a lot of eyeliners smudge on my contacts or irritate my eyes throughout the day. This product is both highly pigmented and non-irritating. Black and blue are the two colors I’ve tried, and I love them both.
11 – Bite Beauty Matte Lip Crayon in Glace: So much love for this lippie! It gives the most beautiful mauve matte lip. I never was much of a matte person, but now I’m sold. Matte products typically are very drying, but this product has orange peel extract and resveratrol which keeps your lips super hydrated. Bite Beauty products are made with food-grade ingredients, so you can breath easy knowing you aren’t ingesting nasty chemicals. Every time I wear this color when when I’m with a friend, they try it on and buy it the next day. Seriously it’s that impressive. Oh and it’s water-resistant!
It’s almost 2015! I am rounding up my top products of the year and figured I’d start out with skincare. I have a slight obsession with skin care products and am so happy with all the great products I’ve discovered this year. I am a huge fan of using products with pure and natural ingredients. They have transformed my skin and I highly suggest you try substituting some of your products with harsh ingredients with more pure ones. Here are my very favorite skin care items that I use daily!
1. Giovanni Facial Cleansing Towelettes– I always like having face wipes on hand. They are great at taking off the bulk of your makeup, especially while you are watching tv at night! I don’t count on these to do all of my cleansing, but they work really well at a quick and easy clean. (I always wash my face later on with an actual cleanser…see number 2.)
2. Sibu Sea Buckthorn Cleanser– SO. GOOD. If you want the perfect cleanser here you go! This is my go-to. It does a great job at taking your makeup off and giving your skin a deep clean. It has tiny beads that really help to get all the gunk out of your pores. It smells lightly of citrus and has a gel texture. This cleanser won’t burn your eyes and will keep your breakouts away. Seriously, buy it.
3. Shea Terra Argan and Rosemary Cleansing Oil– Alright this product has been life-changing ever since I started using it. No joke. Basically, it’s an oil that you apply first to a cotton ball, then wipe all across your face after you cleanse. You will see everything that wasn’t washed away with your cleanser on the cotton ball. Sometimes if I don’t do a good job at washing my face, it’s a little gross seeing all the gunk that I end up wiping off. But it will leave your skin completely purified and since there is rosemary in this, you are fighting the bacteria on your face. I don’t usually need a moisturizer after I used this product.
4. Andalou Naturals Dermal Filler– I have recently started noticing fine lines on my skin. Sad day. A friend recommended this to me to target under eye fine lines and smile lines near the mouth. I love the smooth texture this product has and I actually can tell that it works. Definitely a staple in my routine now, and it’s always in my shopping cart!
5. CSI Vivid Eyes Cucumber Eye Cream– I don’t get much darkness under my eyes, but I do get puffy in the morning. This eye cream works almost instantly at reducing any redness or puffy areas around your eyes. I love the refreshing scent and how lightweight it is. I see this as an instant wake up product. (Especially great after a long night!)
6. Andalou Naturals Rosewater Mask– Holy moly. The second I opened this little gem and gave it a whiff I was sold. Then after I applied it to my skin I wanted to tell every person I know to go run and buy one! It feels so luxurious and smells like a sweet rosey marshmallow. This is great for replenishing dry skin and adding a glow to the skin.
7. Alba Good & Healthy Weightless Moisture Lotion– This lotion has actual veggies inside so it doesn’t have the best scent. However, the ingredients are so nourishing that I can let that slide. This keeps my skin from ever feeling dry or itchy during the winter months. It works great under makeup and has helped my skin stay balanced.
8. Purlisse Pur-Protect Spf 30 Sunscreen– This is a great all around sunscreen. I apply this either before or after my moisturizer. Honestly which ever is closer to me goes on my skin first! I love that this sunscreen doesn’t smell to strong and is super lightweight. It also has soothing ingredients inside like white tea, which really helps calm my sensitive skin.
9. Andalou Illuminating Toner– I am a huge fan of the brightening line from Andalou Naturals. This toner does a great job at keeping your skin balanced and gets rid of any dirt and grime. With all the brightening products, your skin will look more radiant after using them.
10. Avalon Organics Lavender Scrub– All time favorite scrub. This is an incredibly soothing scrub, which is great if you have sensitive skin like I do. It feels amazing when applied to the skin and you will notice an improvement in your skin after the first use. I love seeing how my skin glows after I use this scrub…it’s slightly addicting. If you are looking for a new scrub this is a no brainer.
11. Andalou Naturals 1000 Roses Night Cream– Like the rose mask I use, this has a similar scent and texture. It not only feels great, but keeps my skin hydrated throughout the entire night. I hate waking up with tight and itchy skin, but when I use this product that never happens! I prefer using this when my skin is on the dry side because it is a rich cream, but never clogs my pores.
12. Just Natural Acne Spot Treatment– Last but not least is this miracle oil. I apply this to any active pimples or bumps on my skin overnight. When I wake up my bumps are either completely gone or reduced in size dramatically! I have tried countless acne products and this is by FAR the best I’ve tried. You might be thinking ‘oil on pimples’? Until you try it out for yourself you won’t know how amazing it is. Trust!
Happy Monday everyone! Is this time change messing with anyone else? I have been going to bed so early, but it’s kind of nice. It is supposed to cool down this weekend. I am so over the heat, considering this past week was in the high 80’s and low 90’s. In spirit of the fall feeling coming up, I paired a lot of my favorites together for this look. Infinity scarves, booties and military green jackets are a few of my go-to’s. PS. I bought Taylor Swift’s new album yesterday and I cannot stop listening to it! I love the new sound and 80’s vibe. So good. Have a great week everyone!
I have been using some new Too Faced products this month and wanted to give you all a full review on each product. I have used the bronzer before, but everything else was new to me. Let me know in the comments what other Too Faced products you love! I am also giving away a ‘Better Than Sex’ mascara. Rules will be listed down below!
1. Cat Eyes Eye Shadow Palette: Too Faced has some of the best eyeshadows. They are super buttery and highly pigmented. I have been using the top three shades of this palette the most because I am a big neutral girl. The brown on the top middle is perfect for all over the lid. This is a great palette to get if you are a makeup junkie and are looking for something fun to add to your collection. This isn’t great for traveling because I prefer more matte colors, however you can always get away with using your bronzer for a crease color. The three darkest shades can also be worn wet for more pigment!
2. Hangover Primer: This is the most hydrating primer I’ve ever used. Honestly, the title is perfect. You really get an instant pick me up from the sweet coconut scent and dewy finish it gives the skin. It also helps to brighten and smooth the skin. This is a must this winter..and all year round!
3. Beter Than Sex Mascara: This is a particularly wet mascara. If you like a lot of volume then you will like this. You do have to work with it a little and get used to the wand, but I’ve been really liking it. It’s also great for layering. I’ll apply this first, then a separating mascara after. Extra bonus, it won’t make your lashes crunchy!
4. Melted Long Wear Lipstick in Melted Fig: The perfect purple-y lip color. I love the formula of this product, it literally melts into your lips. These have the staying power of a stain, the pigment of a lipstick, and the shine of a gloss. I really want to try more colors because every time I use this I am super impressed.
5. Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer: I have been using this bronzer for the longest time. It comes in two shades, this one is the darker one. I like this shade because it works great for contouring. It is matte, so you don’t have to worry about it making your skin look muddy. It also smells of chocolate, which is obviously amazing.
Hey guys! Today I have a makeup look for you, that I’ve been wearing a lot lately. It is super natural, but very polished at the same time. I kept the eye shadow in matte warm tones, and did a slight winged liner. For my lips I used my Bite lip crayon which I have been loving since I bought it. It is the perfect mauve lip. I listed the main steps below, along with the full tutorial. I hope you all enjoy this look and thanks so much for stopping by!