Hey guys! Long time no talk. This pregnancy has put me under the radar for quite some time it seems. The nausea has decided to stick around for longer than I had anticipated which puts things on hold a little longer! I wanted to share with you all a great offer Airbnb is having for San Diego residents this summer. I was excited to partner with Airbnb because I have been using their services for a few years now staying in places from Santa Barbara to Boston. It’s also been on my mind lately because Andrew and I want to do a Babymoon soon and are going to go through Airbnb again. Both Andrew and I are huge fans of it because you really get to experience your vacation in a more authentic way. I love feeling like a local and learning all the best places to go from my hosts.
If you are already an avid using of Airbnb, or even if you aren’t, I wanted to open you up to the idea of hosting one of your rooms or even a few rooms in your home. It’s a way to earn extra income and also meet people from all around the world. If you live within 25 miles of San Diego, they are offering a $200 cash bonus using this link http://airbnb.com/WithKendra and then you’ll need to create your first listing through that link as well.
So if you are looking to earn a little extra money to go on a trip yourself I think this is such a unique way to do it. Plus you can do it around your schedule.
Things to know:
-Airbnb hosts in San Diego can make up to $4,000 per month in the summer!*
-San Diego is a highly coveted vacation spot with a growing demand for hosts.
-If you have open rooms, you might as well make some money off of them!
-People use Airbnb to live like locals and get a different experience.
*Average monthly earnings from top 10% of active San Diego listings June to August 2015. Source Airbnb.
I hope you are all enjoying your summer so far! It seems to be flying by. This has been quite the warm summer too! Andrew and I have been taking full advantage of our pool…and the AC!
I am so excited to announce my second meet up! My first one was in Seattle, and now I’m doing one in my hometown. I am so excited to meet all of you and do some shopping! Let me know if you can make it!
If you guys need some inspiration for Valentine’s Day, I am here for you! I have put together a casual outfit for you that would be perfect for a daytime date (the video below also has a more dressy look, which you can view HERE). I also wanted to show you some pictures from the spot Andrew and I had lunch. Myrtle Creek is a nursery in Fallbrook, North County San Diego, that offers an adorable lunch. All their food is farm to plate, so you know you are getting fresh ingredients. They also put your food inside a basket that you can take with you around the nursery to find a place to sit down and enjoy it. There are tables scattered throughout, so whether you choose a cafe style table, an upholstered bench, or a picnic table, I can bet you will enjoy your time there!
For today’s decor inspiration, we are talking all about dining spaces. There is something so important about your dining space. I love dining areas that feel very lived in, but I also like a touch of formality as well. One of my favorite combinations is an old rustic table, with a beautiful chandelier hanging above. The juxtaposition of the two pieces creates so much balance and depth to any room. I love to spend my mornings sitting down at the table with a cup of tea to plan out my day. It’s my time to gather my thoughts and get organized. I think that your dining space should be able to work for guests, but also as a space where you can sit down and find inspiration.
If you are into using natural products like myself, making things is your best bet! This scrub is as pure as it gets, and super easy. You only need three ingredients and most are probably already in your pantry. I started off intending this to be a face scrub, but now I think I like it more on my body. I have been using this in the shower all over my body and then apply what’s remaining to my face. You can use a variety of ingredients for scrubs, but I’ll tell you why I specifically chose these three.
MANUKA HONEY: This bottle of honey is pure gold. Honey has anti-bacterial properties, which makes it great at cleansing your skin and getting rid of all the gunk that has accumulated in your pores throughout the day. It is also very hydrating and soothing to the skin. After using honey on your face you will notice the texture of your skin will even out over time, and your breakouts will decrease.
OLIVE OIL: I love using olive oil on my face because it is incredibly hydrating and gentle. No matter what your skin type is, olive oil will work for you. I love the feeling my skin has after using this scrub. I rarely need to use a lotion afterward because of how moisturized my skin is.
SUGAR: Raw cane sugar is a great base for any scrub. It does a great job at exfoliating your skin, but is still gentle enough to use on your face.
I fill my jar pretty full with sugar, a few dashes of olive oil and a spoonful of honey. You can vary the amounts depending on how thick your want yours. Watch my video below to see me mix and apply the scrub!
Hi friends! I hope you all had a great weekend. Mine was packed with lots and lots of football. But I couldn’t be happier because the Seahawks won, which means I am going to Seattle on Saturday! I feel like Seattle is actually home to me. Is that weird considering Andrew and I only lived there for 4 months? I am so ready for the all the rain and all the food! I’m making a list of all my favorite places and will see how many we can get to. I may gain 20 pounds in one weekend. But so worth it! I’ve been dreaming of Piroshky Piroshky. It’s at Pike Place Market and is this little Russian bakery that serves up both sweet and savory foods. If you look at the website you might hate me, because you’ll want to go eat immediately. Oh man I got the beef and cheese one I think, and it was so decadent. Umm I just checked their site and you can get it shipped to you!! I may have to try that out once. I like how I’m going on and on about food and this is an outfit post. Can you tell I’m hungry right now? It’s lunch time. I hope you enjoy today’s post! Thanks so much for stopping by!
Today we are talking makeup! I went through my makeup and grabbed everything that has really stood out to me this year. These are products that I love and recommend to all my friends. I also have a few extras in my YouTube video HERE. Let me know in the comments your top 2 products from 2014. I hope you all enjoy my picks!
1 – Cover FX Calming Primer: Cover FX products are always in my favorites because they packed with skin-soothing ingredients and free of nasty chemicals and irritants. Oh ya and they work! This primer in particular feels amazing when you apply it. It reduces redness and inflammation which is great after a late night or a lack of sleep. It also clarifies, brightens and evens out your skin tone.
2 – Nars Blush in Madly: This is a blush you would most likely pass by when scanning the makeup counter. It doesn’t look like much in the pan, but once you apply it, you’ll see how it transforms your complexion. That sounds a little dramatic, but I love a good blush. It’s very warm-toned and gives a sun kissed look to your cheeks without being shimmery. I also love to use this as a crease color on my lids. Nars blushes are crazy pigmented and even though they are slightly more expensive, they’ll last forever.
3 – Loreal Shocking Extensions Mascara (waterproof): I am so glad I discovered this mascara. Make sure you get the waterproof formula because it’s completely different than the original. The wand is very thin and has little spikes that separate your lashes. You can really work the wand into the base of your lashes to add both volume and length. I like applying a thickening mascara first, then layering this for crazy lift and separation.
4 – Lorac Porefection Foundation: This has become my number one foundation. It gives a flawless finish to the skin and lasts all day long. It’s packed with anti-aging ingredients like vitamins A & E, aloe leaf, lemon fruit extract and papaya fruit extract. The formula feels incredibly hydrating on the skin and also has SPF 20, always a plus! You’ll get a natural, slightly satin finish and medium to full coverage. I have a few pumps left of mine and I’m trying so hard to savor it!
5 – Mac Lipstick in Blankety: I keep this lipstick in my purse everyday. A lot of nudes pull orange on me because I have really pigmented lips. This lipstick has a slight mauve tone to it and looks true to color when on. It’s an amplified formula which is super creamy and velvety. I have over 10 different lip products in my purse, and this is always the one that ends up on my lips.
6 – Buxom Gloss in White Russian: Another purse favorite! I like to have this near me at all times. It lasts sooo long on your lips, sometimes I can’t even believe it. It is a light milky pink color and plumps up your lips a little when you have it on. It has a little bit of tack to it but feels really comfortable on the lips. This is what I use on brides because of the great staying power and universally flattering shade.
7 – Cover FX Cream Concealer: This concealer is pretty rich in texture, so you need the smallest amount when applying to your skin. I dot a little under my eyes and blend out with either my fingertips or a brush. You can also use on other areas of your face, like dark spots or blemishes. It’s also incredibly hydrating and full coverage!
8 – Mac Blush in Tenderling: Another blush that you wouldn’t look twice at. I tend to go for these muted shades of blush. Tenderling is a cool toned blush that is great for people with fair skin. It’s a rosey-nude, that compliments any makeup look. Whenever I want a very neutral face, I like to pop this on my cheeks to give a slight flush of color.
9 – Hourglass Illusion Tinted Moisturizer: The packaging has recently changed for this product but what’s inside hasn’t! I would say this is more of a foundation than tinted moisturizer. It gives amazing coverage for a ‘tinted moisturizer’ and leaves your skin looking radiant. It also has hyaluronic acid inside which plumps and tightens the skin while filling in deep wrinkles over the course of the day. Have I sold you yet? It also evens out your skin tone, adds moisture to your skin, and has SPF 15. If you want to treat yourself to a luxurious product, this is it!
10 – Benecos Eyeliner: I discovered this natural eyeliner a few years ago and it’s become a staple ever since. I have super sensitive eyes and wear contacts everyday so a lot of eyeliners smudge on my contacts or irritate my eyes throughout the day. This product is both highly pigmented and non-irritating. Black and blue are the two colors I’ve tried, and I love them both.
11 – Bite Beauty Matte Lip Crayon in Glace: So much love for this lippie! It gives the most beautiful mauve matte lip. I never was much of a matte person, but now I’m sold. Matte products typically are very drying, but this product has orange peel extract and resveratrol which keeps your lips super hydrated. Bite Beauty products are made with food-grade ingredients, so you can breath easy knowing you aren’t ingesting nasty chemicals. Every time I wear this color when when I’m with a friend, they try it on and buy it the next day. Seriously it’s that impressive. Oh and it’s water-resistant!
It’s almost 2015! I am rounding up my top products of the year and figured I’d start out with skincare. I have a slight obsession with skin care products and am so happy with all the great products I’ve discovered this year. I am a huge fan of using products with pure and natural ingredients. They have transformed my skin and I highly suggest you try substituting some of your products with harsh ingredients with more pure ones. Here are my very favorite skin care items that I use daily!
1. Giovanni Facial Cleansing Towelettes– I always like having face wipes on hand. They are great at taking off the bulk of your makeup, especially while you are watching tv at night! I don’t count on these to do all of my cleansing, but they work really well at a quick and easy clean. (I always wash my face later on with an actual cleanser…see number 2.)
2. Sibu Sea Buckthorn Cleanser– SO. GOOD. If you want the perfect cleanser here you go! This is my go-to. It does a great job at taking your makeup off and giving your skin a deep clean. It has tiny beads that really help to get all the gunk out of your pores. It smells lightly of citrus and has a gel texture. This cleanser won’t burn your eyes and will keep your breakouts away. Seriously, buy it.
3. Shea Terra Argan and Rosemary Cleansing Oil– Alright this product has been life-changing ever since I started using it. No joke. Basically, it’s an oil that you apply first to a cotton ball, then wipe all across your face after you cleanse. You will see everything that wasn’t washed away with your cleanser on the cotton ball. Sometimes if I don’t do a good job at washing my face, it’s a little gross seeing all the gunk that I end up wiping off. But it will leave your skin completely purified and since there is rosemary in this, you are fighting the bacteria on your face. I don’t usually need a moisturizer after I used this product.
4. Andalou Naturals Dermal Filler– I have recently started noticing fine lines on my skin. Sad day. A friend recommended this to me to target under eye fine lines and smile lines near the mouth. I love the smooth texture this product has and I actually can tell that it works. Definitely a staple in my routine now, and it’s always in my shopping cart!
5. CSI Vivid Eyes Cucumber Eye Cream– I don’t get much darkness under my eyes, but I do get puffy in the morning. This eye cream works almost instantly at reducing any redness or puffy areas around your eyes. I love the refreshing scent and how lightweight it is. I see this as an instant wake up product. (Especially great after a long night!)
6. Andalou Naturals Rosewater Mask– Holy moly. The second I opened this little gem and gave it a whiff I was sold. Then after I applied it to my skin I wanted to tell every person I know to go run and buy one! It feels so luxurious and smells like a sweet rosey marshmallow. This is great for replenishing dry skin and adding a glow to the skin.
7. Alba Good & Healthy Weightless Moisture Lotion– This lotion has actual veggies inside so it doesn’t have the best scent. However, the ingredients are so nourishing that I can let that slide. This keeps my skin from ever feeling dry or itchy during the winter months. It works great under makeup and has helped my skin stay balanced.
8. Purlisse Pur-Protect Spf 30 Sunscreen– This is a great all around sunscreen. I apply this either before or after my moisturizer. Honestly which ever is closer to me goes on my skin first! I love that this sunscreen doesn’t smell to strong and is super lightweight. It also has soothing ingredients inside like white tea, which really helps calm my sensitive skin.
9. Andalou Illuminating Toner– I am a huge fan of the brightening line from Andalou Naturals. This toner does a great job at keeping your skin balanced and gets rid of any dirt and grime. With all the brightening products, your skin will look more radiant after using them.
10. Avalon Organics Lavender Scrub– All time favorite scrub. This is an incredibly soothing scrub, which is great if you have sensitive skin like I do. It feels amazing when applied to the skin and you will notice an improvement in your skin after the first use. I love seeing how my skin glows after I use this scrub…it’s slightly addicting. If you are looking for a new scrub this is a no brainer.
11. Andalou Naturals 1000 Roses Night Cream– Like the rose mask I use, this has a similar scent and texture. It not only feels great, but keeps my skin hydrated throughout the entire night. I hate waking up with tight and itchy skin, but when I use this product that never happens! I prefer using this when my skin is on the dry side because it is a rich cream, but never clogs my pores.
12. Just Natural Acne Spot Treatment– Last but not least is this miracle oil. I apply this to any active pimples or bumps on my skin overnight. When I wake up my bumps are either completely gone or reduced in size dramatically! I have tried countless acne products and this is by FAR the best I’ve tried. You might be thinking ‘oil on pimples’? Until you try it out for yourself you won’t know how amazing it is. Trust!
Merry almost Christmas! I feel like I have so much to do before Christmas, and it is practically here! I am so looking forward to seeing all my family. My niece and nephew will be here tonight and I am sooo happy. Do you have some big plans? I am trying to think of a great dessert for Christmas Eve but have zero ideas. If you have any great dessert recipe’s let me know in the comments! I hope you all enjoy today’s post and also your time with your friends and family this week!
Ahh. I love a great serene bathroom. I like mixing prints and materials to give the room some character and a vintage feel. Black and copper accents, white marble, and big open windows are a few things I am drawn to. I also love simplicity in the general design. A separate tub and shower, large mirrors, and touches of detail. I see bathrooms as a place of relaxation and I feel the design should mimic that entirely. Head over to my Pinterest board to see what else I love!