Happy New Year everyone! This has felt like such a long holiday season, I am actually totally ready to get back into a normal routine. So on this first Monday of the new year, I felt like recapping 2014 to see all that had happened during those 365 days.
A lot happened for me in 2014. This year started off with a lot of blogging and YouTube events. I attended IMATS which was a ton of fun. I got to catch up with other YouTubers and get some highly discounted makeup! I also attended an event by Glamour and filmed a hair tutorial for Sephora TV. The first few months of 2014 involved a lot of driving to LA for meet ups and what not. Looking back, it feels like such a long time ago, but it was a really exciting time for me and my channel. I had recently started working on my blog and YouTube full time and that meant a lot of changes. My hours were completely different, now I was free on the weekends and could spend more time with Andrew which was great.
I also started seeing a shift in the content of my videos. I started focusing more on natural products and healthy living. This included what I ate to what I put on my hair. The previous year I had started switching most of my products over, but by this time it was in full swing! Even now, I am loving how my channel has evolved so much since when I first started. There is nothing more encouraging then when one of you lets me know how much better you feel from eating less gluten or how much clearer your skin is from using natural skincare.
But the biggest change of 2014, was moving to Seattle for four months. I look back on that summer with so many fond memories. Andrew and I went on some breathtaking hikes and saw some spectacular sights. We also ate some of the best meals we have ever tried. I loved how everything was fresh and local. We lived right next to Pike Place Market so everything was walking distance from our apartment. Let’s not forget all the yummy sweets I consumed along with some of the best coffee on earth. Seriously it was the real deal. I still dream of moving back. I loved the rain, culture, people and everything else Seattle had to offer.
A few other highlights were spending the weekend in New York for fashion week, and obviously a few trips to Disneyland! But besides all the fun little trips I had, I am most of all grateful for the people around me this year. I was able to spend some time with my three nieces and nephew, who always provide me with endless smiles and laughs. I also strengthened a lot of friendships and made some amazing new friends this year. Andrew is almost done with Physical Therapy school and I am so excited for all that’s in store for him in these next couple months. We also moved in with my parents until we find a new place so we are getting lots of family time in! I hope you all had a great 2014. I also hope that you look back on the great memories you created rather than fixating on what you didn’t do. This year my only resolution is to enjoy each moment and not stress about the future. Here’s to a near year, new beginnings and new opportunities!
Happy first day of Fall everyone! We had another hot weekend in Seattle. I swear we brought the heat up here with us. However, it actually rained today. I took Kaila on a walk and it looked so beautiful outside. The air was crisp and you could feel the change of season. It is refreshing to actually have a change of season, unlike southern California. I have put together a collection of pieces that are completely fall appropriate. I love busting out my sweaters, boots and berry colored lipsticks. Let me know down below what you are most excited about this Fall. Also, on my channel I talked about my top five must-haves today. Go ahead and make yourself a cup of hot tea and turn on Sleepless in Seattle, just for me!
I spend this past weekend in New York and am still trying to catch my breath! It was a crazy trip filled with lots of fashion, great food and great wine. I filmed the entire trip so stay tuned for a peek into what my weekend looked like. Today’s post is all about the outfit I wore to the Alyssa Collura show. I wanted to wear something a bit bohemian to reflect the Alyssa Collura’s girly and feminine designs. I chose this dress from Nordstrom which happens to be in my favorite color. I love that the shade completely changes depending on the light. Sometimes it looks teal, while other times it comes off navy. I paired it with chunky heeled booties by Jeffery Campbell. Can you even get over how awesome these shoes are? The second I saw them it was love. They have a worn in, vintage look which gives a very relaxed feel. I like finding pieces that can be used for multiply occasions. When it starts to cool down I will pair this dress with tights and these shoes with jeans. Get more bank for you buck! I hope you all are having a great week and thanks so much for stopping by!
Can you believe it is almost September? What the heck? That just seems crazy to me. I swear, I always feel like summer will last forever and then…bam…it’s over. So even though it is still hot (yes even in Seattle-I think we brought the heat with us), I felt like I should start thinking about fall fashion. I am getting a tad over the ‘cochella’ look, which kind of went on the entire summer. But hey, I am all about it don’t get me wrong. So in honor of fall, I put together an outfit that is much more fall-appropriate but isn’t full-on chunky sweater and boots. Wearing pants was a big deal for me! Haha…but seriously. Adding in some heels dresses up this simple look and wearing a cross-body bag keeps the effortless summer vibe. And how cute is this one?? I hope you all enjoyed this look and have a great week!
This is my first meet up and I am so excited! I would love to meet you if you live in Seattle. We will be hanging out at Sephora for a while and then heading over to Cupcake Royale to eat cupcakes! I also have some amazzzzing goody bags for those of you coming! I also want to thank you all for following me during this YouTube journey. I read each and every comment you post on my blog, channel, instagram etc! I feel like you all are my best friends and I’m so happy I get to meet some of you in real life. Once we move back to San Diego, I will have one there as well, so stay tuned for that! Have a great night!
This Sunday was quite the day for Andrew and I! We seriously went all over the place. I am falling in love with Seattle. There is so much to do and everything is so beautiful. We first drove out to Snoqualmie Falls for a little hike. It was a gorgeous walk down to the falls. Coming from San Diego, it is so awesome being surrounded by a forest on hikes! The waterfall was so amazing. It reminded me of one we saw in Hawaii on our honeymoon. We hung out a while near the water and just enjoyed our surroundings. Like I’ve said in many posts lately, this trip is making me appreciate the beauty in little things. Well I take that back, these sights we saw were not ‘little’ but it really has been eye opening to Andrew and I both. Just driving on the freeway is so pretty.
I am so in love with this suit. It is crazy comfortable and fits me like a glove. Check out their site for some really cute suits!
After we hiked back up the path (which was super steep coming up), we drove out to Lake Union. I didn’t get any pictures, but we ate at a great seafood restaurant right on the water called Ivar’s Salmon House. I filmed the day too, so a video will be up on my channel next week. We shared the shrimp tacos and fish and chips which were amazing! Then we headed over to Gas Works Park which had the most incredible view of downtown Seattle. Overall it was a great day. There is nothing better than taking adventures with my little family.
Here is my unboxing of my first Love with Food box! Honestly, there were some amazing snacks in here. The box is only $10 a month, unless you want to upgrade to a bigger box, or the gluten free one. I decided not to eat everything on camera ‘live’ because I’d rather not watch someone just eating the entire video. So I put in a few clips so you could see my reaction, but not the ENTIRE snacking business. I would highly suggest checking this box out if you like to try new companies. Not only were the snacks delicious, but there were some great healthy options. Overall, I was really impressed! Thanks for stopping by and have a great week!
PS. I am having a meet up in Seattle this Saturday!! Check my instagram for all the details!!! I will also have a blog post with all the details soon.
1. Cover FX BB Gel– This has become my everyday ‘foundation’ this summer. I say foundation because even though it is a bb gel, is gives me great coverage. I like it better than foundation because it has an anti-blemish treatment in it, so it keeps my skin clear. Nobody wants to be breaking out in the summer. The less makeup the better!
2. Essie Polish in Mezmerize– Once this is on my nails, I never want to take it off. It is such a beautiful and rich blue color. Your skin will also look slightly tanner when you wear this. Nail magic.
3. Alterna Rehab Deep Hydration Masque– So, my hair gets super dry and brittle in the summer. I love the sun, but my hair does not. But, when I use this in the shower my hair becomes much more hydrated. It also smells like heaven. My hair drinks this product up and I love it.
4. Butter London Cheek Blush in Piccadilly Circus– This color looks a little bold at first glance, but when blended into the cheeks it mellows out. I love wearing this when I don’t want to look like I have any makeup on. It gives my complexion a gorgeous flush, like I have spent a few hours outside. I also use this on my lips and it looks incredibly natural.
5. Jack Black Lip Balm SPF 25: After a trip to the river this summer, my lips got so so so sunburned. I can’t even explain to you how bad it was. It looked like something bit me or I had lip implants (really bad ones). So now I’m terrified of repeating that incident. I ran to Sephora after that weekend and picked two of these lip balms up because they have a high spf for a lip product. I’m not a fan of the sunscreen scent in most chapsticks, so this one is great. It is super rich and first and foremost protects my lips!
6. Urban Decay Chill Setting Spray– This is a must on super hot days. Makeup sweating down your face is not cute. Spray some of this over your finished makeup to set everything in place and to keep your makeup from looking too cakey.
7. Nature’s Way Coconut Oil– This has replaced aloe vera for me. If you slip up and get sunburned, drench your body in coconut oil overnight. You will waje up thanking me, I promise. It will take the sting out of your burn and turn your skin from red to a beautiful bronze. Did I mention it is 100% natural? Boom!
8. Loreal Infallible Shocking Extension Mascara– I have never been one to use waterproof mascara until this summer. It holds the curl in my lashes all day and never flakes on me. I like this mascara in particular for lots of reasons. First, the formula is incredible. It doesn’t irritate my eyes, is super black, and lasts forever. Second, the wand is crazy good. It is super thin so you can get every single lash, but it still applies a lot of product. It also is CRAZY lengthening and someone manages to thicken up your lashes at the same time. I mean, clearly you can tell I am a fan! (side note: I prefer the waterproof one over the regular formula. I find them to be completely different.)
Today’s look is all about adding a pop to something simple. Jean shorts and t-shirts are basically what I live in, especially in the summer. So when I want to spice it up a bit, I will add in a bag with a pop of color and some fun bracelets. I am loving all the printed t’s that are out right now. This one is by StyleLately and I have worn it like three days in a row…whoops. I also am loving my arm candy. I live in my T&J jewels along with my Haute Betts beaded bracelets. I hope you all are having a great week so far!
Well hello everyone! I am actually happy that it’s Monday. Am I crazy? Two things that make me happy are stability and predictability. This move has been such a whirl wind and I honestly was starting to go a little insane. We finally have a decent amount of furniture (I’ll have a video on all the furniture we found). I can actually sit down at my desk and type on my desktop! You have no idea how happy that makes me. It gets a little old laying in bed, typing blog posts on your laptop. I am one of those people. Yes. What else has changed? My videos are starting to get back to a normal schedule and I am finally getting caught up on my emails. There is nothing worse than a bunch of unanswered emails! Sooo, today’s video is all about skincare. I am a skincare junkie. Sort of. I really enjoy washing my face at night and applying products. It is a relaxing experience for me and I try to enjoy it instead of rushing through. I also like skincare products a lot more since I switched over to using mostly natural products. I experience way less break outs, redness and uneven skin tone. My skin also is much brighter than it’s ever been. I hope you all enjoy this video and hopefully you can try some of these products out for yourself!