Happy Black Friday! I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving. I woke up so tired from all the food haha. Andrew and I are going to take on the crowds this afternoon to knock some Christmas shopping off the list. I also need to pick up some Christmas decorations. I’ve listed some sales I think are amazing today, and they are all online so you don’t even need to leave the house!
Sephora is having $10 deals on some AMAZING products!
It is officially time to start holiday shopping! I am going to be posting a series of gift guides to help you through this holiday season. I’m starting off with stocking stuffers. These are smaller items that are fine to gift alone or add to any other gift. Can I put these on my wish list as well?! Also I’ll have a post on Black Friday with all the great deals going on so don’t miss out on that! Happy Shopping!
Sephora’s VIB sale is coming up on the 13th so I put together some things that are on my wishlist and also some things that I think would be great to get during this sale. It’s always a good idea to get things you already love and know you’ll be needing soon. Mascara, beauty blenders, concealer and setting sprays are a few things I always need but hate buying. This sale is the perfect time to save a little on those necessities. It’s also a good time to try out things you’ve been eyeing. Palettes, skincare and hair products can be a little pricey so take advantage now. I’m really wanting to try out the Stila Liquid Liner and the Kat Von D Shade and Light Palette! Have you guys tried either? And don’t forget about gifts. If you need to get someone a Christmas gift who loves beauty, this is the perfect time to do your shopping. It’s already November so I need to start figuring out what I need to get! I hope this gives you guys some ideas for your shopping cart.
Hey guys! So I posted a video on my channel, you can watch that HERE all about Cover FX’s foundations. You all know I use these most days and I get a lot of questions asking which one I like the best. The truth is, it depends on what kind of makeup look I want that day. If I want a full face of makeup that will hold up all day, or just a light application for running errands. I made this video to help you differentiate them from one another in terms of the finish and amount of coverage they give. Check down below for a condensed version of each of these products. I’ll let you know why I use different ones for different occasions.
All Cover FX product are free of the inflammatory 5: gluten, mineral oil, talc, parabens and fragrance.
1. BB Gel Mattifying Anti-Blemish Treatment: This BB Gel feels super lightweight on the skin. It gives medium coverage and leaves a matte finish. So if you have oily or acne-prone skin you would love this. There is 1% salicylic treatment, so it helps heal and prevent blemishes while you wear it. This is my go-to when my skin is acting up, especially during hormonal breakouts. It also has thyme extract to help clarify the skin and EVERMAT to reduce pore size and control shine.
2. Pressed Mineral Foundation: I’m more of a liquid foundation type of gal, so I use this to set my other foundations. But if you prefer powder foundation, then this will be great for you! It gives a natural matte finish and provides sheer to buildable coverage. There is amazonian clay to help absorb excess oil and control shine along with green tea leaf extract to calm the skin.
3. Total Cover Cream Foundation: If you are looking for total coverage this is for you! It is a foundation and concealer in one so you can apply all over and then spot treat for more coverage. This has SPF 30 but it still photographs beautifully. I always use this on brides because it gives a natural radiant finish that holds up all day long and feels light on the skin. This foundation also has vitamin E to provide antioxidant protection and promote skin cell renewal. Also, this is good for any skin types, especially sensitive.
4. Natural Finish Oil Free Foundation: This foundation is great for those of you with normal to dry skin. It gives a satin/dewy finish and will last all day long! I find this foundation to be very hydrating and it’s also anti-aging which is always a plus! Since I find this formula to be pretty rich, I like to mix in a drop or two of my Custom Infusion Drops to sheer it out a bit. I’ve been wearing this foundation basically all month!
Let me know if you use any of Cover FX’s foundations, and which are your favorites!
Hey guys! Today I have some of my favorite products to transition your look into fall. I love warm eye shadows, a bronzed face and some berry or red lips. I put together a list of some products I have been especially loving this month. (I know you will too!) Let me know what type of makeup look you love this time of year in the comments!
1. Urban Decay Lipstick in Rapture: This is the perfect nude lip for fall. I am definitely over those concealer-nude lips and now my go-to nude is more of a mauve/taupe color. This is such a flattering shade on so many skintones. It completes your makeup, while still being understated. A must for this time of year!
2. Benefit Roller Lash Mascara: Don’t even get me started on this mascara. Since first using this, I have not found anything better. I love it because it holds my curl and does not transfer! I absolutely hate when my mascara leaves little black dots under my eyes. This will stay put all day long and it isn’t hard to wash off either. I find the Benefit They’re Real a pain to get off at night, but this one comes off great with my cleansing oil. I will continue to buy this over and over!
3. Cover FX Bronzer in Suntan: What I love about this bronzer is the perfect tone it has. Not too muddy, but not too orange. It’s beautiful at warming up your skin tone or contouring. Since it’s matte, it’s pretty hard to go overboard.
4. Smashbox Lipstick in Bing: Such a fun red lip. It has a light cherry tone to it which really is my favorite type of red. It is a little easier to wear and not so vampy. This lipstick dries to a nice satin/matte finish. Super pretty!
5. Butter London Polish in Fancy: I love muted colors on the nails for fall. They look polished (no pun intended) and pair nicely with most outfits. This lilac color is everything!
6. Kevyn Aucoin Eye Liner in Black: My eyes are really sensitive and this is pretty much the only liner I can use that won’t irritate them. It is totally waterproof and extremely creamy, which makes it perfect for the waterline.
7. It Cosmetics Ombre Blush in Sugar Plum: I love a mauve cheek in the fall. It really warms up the complexion and gives a modern feel to any makeup look. Sometimes purple blushes can look intimidating in the pan, but when you apply them to the cheeks they sheer out a lot. Give it a try this season!
8. Cover FX Natural Finish Foundation in N30: I’ve been wearing this foundation almost every day this month. It is very full coverage so when I want to sheer it out a bit, I’ll mix in a drop of my Custom Infusion Drops. If you have normal to dry skin you’ll love this. It gives a satin/dewy finish and lasts all day long!
9. It Cosmetics Naturally Pretty Eye Shadow Palette: Oh my word. This is basically my ideal eye shadow palette. There are 14 (14!!!) beautiful, pigmented matte colors, and 1 nude shimmer. I love the variety of shades, from warm coppers to cooler mauves. Honestly this is a do-all palette. I really could live with this palette and nothing else. That is saying a lot!
10. It Cosmetics Lip Liner in Perfect Red: Like the name, this liner really is the perfect red. It never bleeds on me, lasts a long time and is a creamy texture! Also after applying, it sets nicely on your lips.
11. Maybelline Fit Me Concealer: I love how this concealer sets on the skin. It doesn’t lay in fine lines or cake up throughout the day. I swear it actually looks pretty when you apply it, I know that sounds weird, but it is super flawless. I really get a tone of coverage with this and it’s perfect for blemishes!
Hey guys! Long time no talk! Today I have a skincare review on the company Radical Skincare. I have been using three of their products for about two months now and wanted to give you the low down on each of them. Their products are paraben, phthalate and sulfate free. I have pretty sensitive skin, especially with anti-aging products, and these have not made me break out at all! This makes me super excited because I REALLY want to start upping my anti-aging game but most are super rich and break me out. I also just posted my evening skincare routine on my YouTube channel so you can watch that HERE.
1. Instant Revitalizing Mask: My new love. This is seriously the coolest mask I have ever tried. And I have tried a lot of masks. So you apply it to the skin and it looks like a serum. Once you start rubbing it in it turns into more of a white paste. THEN, it starts foaming around the areas that need extra help on your skin. I find that it foams a lot by my nose, forehead (hello forehead lines that I’m not such a fan of!), and also my chin. Basically most people’s trouble areas. After washing off, my skin looks much brighter than before and it feels firmer and super hydrated. You will honestly glow afterward. Two thumbs up! If you want to watch it in action, check out my skincare video.
2. Age-Defying Pads: These little suckers are super effective. They are pads that you apply after cleansing the skin. Just like the mask, you will notice your skin instantly looks much brighter. I only use these every few days because they are full of AHA and BHA acid, making them pretty potent. They help support natural cell turnover, which slows down the aging process. If you are looking to tighten and firm your skin, and minimize the look of your pores and fine lines, these pads are for you!!!
3. Youth Infusion Serum: Last but not least, is this little but mighty serum. This serum is ultra hydrating and really does a great job and rejuvenating the skin. It leaves your skin looking brighter, smoother and gives a youthful glow to the skin. There is algae extract inside which tightens the appearance of skin, protects from oxidative stress, along with antioxidants and skin soothing agents to deeply hydrate, reduces redness, and calm inflammation. I mean…basically everything you want in one product.
Overall, I have been super impressed with the few products I have tried out so far. If you have been on the fence for this line I would definitely suggest trying it out for yourself. Each product has really brightened up my complexion and smoothed out my skin. Let me know if you have tried any other products from this company! Thanks for stopping by and have an awesome day!
Hey guys! For those of you who haven’t heard yet, Cover FX just launched a new product call Custom Cover Drops. Basically, they are pure pigments that you mix with any liquid product, to create a custom foundation. Some things you can mix it with are primers, serums, facial oils or moisturizers. The finish that you get depends on what product you mix it with. The same goes for the coverage, the more drops you add, the more coverage you get. I have been loving experimenting with these drops and being my own mixologist. Let me know if you have tried these out yet in the comments! You can watch my video below to see what they look like applied to the skin.
I am so excited to announce my second meet up! My first one was in Seattle, and now I’m doing one in my hometown. I am so excited to meet all of you and do some shopping! Let me know if you can make it!
I know it’s still February, well almost March, but I’m actually ready for summer. I am fully aware I am always saying how much I love winter. But the other day I looked in the mirror and the person looking back at me looked like a vampire. Kidding, but I am that pale. I am all for that porcelain skin, but I mean, I need some color stat. A few days after I realized how translucent I was, our weather suddenly heated up and truly felt like summer. I laid out in the sun for a few days to soak up all the vitamin D I could and it felt amazing. I even got a little bit of color! It didn’t last long though, it started pouring last night. Anyways, that little tease made me super excited for the summer and I even pulled out some summer clothes last night. I organized all my bathing suits too which made me more motivated to get in shape. Little tip for you guys. Put on a bathing suit tonight. It will give you that kick in the butt to get in the gym. So here are some pieces that I’m currently inspired by (some I own). I’m even going to play some country music right now. Drivin around song anyone? (On a side note: go watch #candidlynicole on youtube. The funniest thing ever, even Andrew loves it. There are clips on AOL Originals & the Candidly Nicole channel. Loove.)
Marsala is the color of the year for 2015. I have always been a huge fan of shades like this. A warm neutral with a twist is how I see this pinky/red tone. My favorite way to incorporate this color is through makeup. I think this shade compliments so many skin tones. It looks beautiful on the lids, cheeks and lips. I would definitely suggest playing with colors like this on your face one day and see if you like it. Accessories in this shade are also an easy way to switch up your look. It has a little more interest than a tan or brown bag, but still works with so many other colors. Let me know what you would be most likely to pick up in the new marsala shade below!