Marsala is the color of the year for 2015. I have always been a huge fan of shades like this. A warm neutral with a twist is how I see this pinky/red tone. My favorite way to incorporate this color is through makeup. I think this shade compliments so many skin tones. It looks beautiful on the lids, cheeks and lips. I would definitely suggest playing with colors like this on your face one day and see if you like it. Accessories in this shade are also an easy way to switch up your look. It has a little more interest than a tan or brown bag, but still works with so many other colors. Let me know what you would be most likely to pick up in the new marsala shade below!
I just got done painting my nails and was completely inspired by a new color palette for this winter. When I think of winter nails, I think dusty purples and blues, muted nudes and deep wines. I love my nails to have color and be interesting, but I also need a break from all the cherry reds I was wearing back in November and December. I rounded up my top nail colors that draw me in. These shades all have that soft vibe, and give you the feeling of cozy nights in and a shift in seasons.
Here are my picks for the beauty lover in your life! More gift guides to come…let me know what person you need to shop for! Can you believe it is almost DECEMBER?? What the heck? I’m actually in shock typing this. lol. I need to get started on my holiday shopping, I usually do most of it online. Check my youtube channel on Friday for a special video that is all about holiday sales for cyber Monday and my top picks!
**coupon code for the curling iron**
Get ANY set for $99 + Free Argan Oil + Free Shipping!!
Use Code: doubledip
Get 60% off entire site + Free US Shipping!
Use Code: Kendra60
With Halloween coming up quick, I figured it is the perfect time to have an entire post dedicated to my favorite color (orange didn’t cut it…). Most of these products are things I’ve had my eye on. I mean, look at those booties! I need them in my life asap. And that lipstick! I actually did buy it a few months ago, but I returned it out of buyers remorse. It was the perfect pinky/nude color though. I hope you guys all have a fun Halloween. I’m going to a friends for game night, which is actually ideal to me. On Saturday we are going to Knotts Scary Farm. I’m not sure if I’ll be able to handle it. I am so terrified of everything, so it’ll be interested. I’m going to wear running shoes so I can be ready at any given moment to sprint away. Have some fun shopping my picks and try not to get into a sugar coma this weekend!
I have been using some new Too Faced products this month and wanted to give you all a full review on each product. I have used the bronzer before, but everything else was new to me. Let me know in the comments what other Too Faced products you love! I am also giving away a ‘Better Than Sex’ mascara. Rules will be listed down below!
1. Cat Eyes Eye Shadow Palette: Too Faced has some of the best eyeshadows. They are super buttery and highly pigmented. I have been using the top three shades of this palette the most because I am a big neutral girl. The brown on the top middle is perfect for all over the lid. This is a great palette to get if you are a makeup junkie and are looking for something fun to add to your collection. This isn’t great for traveling because I prefer more matte colors, however you can always get away with using your bronzer for a crease color. The three darkest shades can also be worn wet for more pigment!
2. Hangover Primer: This is the most hydrating primer I’ve ever used. Honestly, the title is perfect. You really get an instant pick me up from the sweet coconut scent and dewy finish it gives the skin. It also helps to brighten and smooth the skin. This is a must this winter..and all year round!
3. Beter Than Sex Mascara: This is a particularly wet mascara. If you like a lot of volume then you will like this. You do have to work with it a little and get used to the wand, but I’ve been really liking it. It’s also great for layering. I’ll apply this first, then a separating mascara after. Extra bonus, it won’t make your lashes crunchy!
4. Melted Long Wear Lipstick in Melted Fig: The perfect purple-y lip color. I love the formula of this product, it literally melts into your lips. These have the staying power of a stain, the pigment of a lipstick, and the shine of a gloss. I really want to try more colors because every time I use this I am super impressed.
5. Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer: I have been using this bronzer for the longest time. It comes in two shades, this one is the darker one. I like this shade because it works great for contouring. It is matte, so you don’t have to worry about it making your skin look muddy. It also smells of chocolate, which is obviously amazing.
This week flew by for me, anyone else? I sort of didn’t want it to go by so fast because I have so much to do. I may take a little break today, then work through the weekend to get ahead. I hope you all enjoy my favorites today. I really looove these products. Most of them should be new to you so hopefully you get some fun new product ideas! Thanks so much for stopping by and have a great weekend!
This is my first meet up and I am so excited! I would love to meet you if you live in Seattle. We will be hanging out at Sephora for a while and then heading over to Cupcake Royale to eat cupcakes! I also have some amazzzzing goody bags for those of you coming! I also want to thank you all for following me during this YouTube journey. I read each and every comment you post on my blog, channel, instagram etc! I feel like you all are my best friends and I’m so happy I get to meet some of you in real life. Once we move back to San Diego, I will have one there as well, so stay tuned for that! Have a great night!
Happy Friday…er Saturday! My video wouldn’t attach from my phone, so I had to wait until we got home from Disneyland. I have been super busy packing this week. Andrew and I have made a ton of trips down to San Diego to drop off boxes. We leave 5 days and I am so excited to let the road tripping begin! Since I have been on the go all week, running errands and such, I haven’t been spending too much time doing my makeup. This week is all about simple things that go the distance! Also, most of these favorites have been around for a while so I know they are worth it. I hope you all enjoy today’s video and thanks so much for stopping by! I hope you all enjoy your weekend!
Wedding season is in full swing! I have been busy doing makeup for friends and family and have an awesome post on wedding makeup that will be up next month. As far as fashion goes, what you wear to a wedding is really dependent on each occasion. Some weddings are very laid back, and you can get away with a comfortable summer dress. However, sometimes you need to get slightly more dressed up, even though it is in the summer. Figure out where the wedding is taking place and what time it will be at, then go from there. If you are attending a day time wedding, dress on the casual side. Sunset ceremonies tend to be a little more formal. Make sure to have fun when picking out an outfit. Weddings are such happy occasions so you should feel comfortable in whatever you decide to wear! Here are three ideas on different styles you can go with.