Can you believe it is almost September? What the heck? That just seems crazy to me. I swear, I always feel like summer will last forever and then…bam…it’s over. So even though it is still hot (yes even in Seattle-I think we brought the heat with us), I felt like I should start thinking about fall fashion. I am getting a tad over the ‘cochella’ look, which kind of went on the entire summer. But hey, I am all about it don’t get me wrong. So in honor of fall, I put together an outfit that is much more fall-appropriate but isn’t full-on chunky sweater and boots. Wearing pants was a big deal for me! Haha…but seriously. Adding in some heels dresses up this simple look and wearing a cross-body bag keeps the effortless summer vibe. And how cute is this one?? I hope you all enjoyed this look and have a great week!
Happy Monday everyone! I have looking forward to using this dress in a post ever since I received it in the mail. I wore it to my cousins wedding about a month ago and it was perfect. The great thing about prints, is you really don’t need to add many accessories. I paired some nude heels and a colbalt blue bag that ties in perfectly with the colors in the dress. This bag, by the way, is so beautiful in person. It is so well made and can be easily dressed up or down. However, the thing I love most about this bag, is what it represents. It is by Mofe, which is an amazing company that is all about today’s modern feminism. Their logo parallels the infinity symbol to embody the notion of no boundaries or limitations, and acts as a constant reminder that women can achieve anything they set their mind to. How awesome is that!? I hope you all have a wonderful week and remember to always follow your dreams no matter how big or small they may be.
Lately, I have been so into stripes. I find them so easy to wear and they make any outfit more interesting. I love that you can either dress this look up with heels, or keep it casual with some flip flops. I added in a big tote that I use for travel. If you are looking for a carry-on bag for the plane check out Tjmaxx, they have tons of affordable options. For accessories, I layered dainty bracelets and kept everything slightly minimal. When I wear chunky heels, I don’t like my jewelry to compete. How amazing are these sunglasses? I am loving the retro look a lot of sunglasses have right now. These ones are from Haute Demand and I have a coupon code below! I hope you guys all have a great Monday! Thanks for stopping by!
Today’s look is all about mixing color and print. I love combining really casual pieces with something more dressed up. Here I wore casual jogger shorts, and paired them with a blouse, floppy hat, and wedges. As it starts to get really hot out, use both color and print to add interest to an outfit without adding many layers. Also, figure out where you want the focus to be. I wanted the emphasis to be on the neon lime shirt, so I kept it toned down with my shoes and jewelry. Have a great day everyone and thanks for reading!
Have you guys been into Forever 21 lately? Okay, well you need to. I was there for way too long the other day and scored these shorts and top for a great price…and a few other things! I love the way this outfit came out. It is so comfortable but still looks completely pulled together at the same time. If you watched my last favorites video, here are the sunglasses and purse that I had mentioned…and yes I still LOVE them.
Have a great day today and thanks so much for stopping by my blog!
top: forever 21 (similar here I couldn’t find the exact one online)
2. The Balm Hot Mama Blush ( 25% off all The Balm Products use promo code: KVLB2 ) I have found my new favorite blush! I can’t believe how pigmented this product is. It gives a gorgeous coral cheek while providing a golden sheen. Whenever I wear this I get so many compliments!
3. Anthropologie Sunnies When you have a big face like me, it’s tough to find a good pair of aviators! I was at Anthro on my birthday and once I put these on I knew I couldn’t leave the store without buying them! They are so comfortable on my face and will go with absolutely everything.
4. Nubian Heritage Body Wash I am soo picky when it comes to scents. Especially for body washes, I need to have an amazing scent while taking a shower. This is a refreshing, tropical, fruity paradise. Have I convinced you yet? It is also highly moisturizing and free of nasty chemicals!
5. ShopLately Bag How amazing is the bag? I am trying to branch out and incorporate more color into my wardrobe. I feel like accessories are a great way to add a bold pop of color. I love that this bag isn’t too big, but still can hold a lot inside. I am a huge fan of cross body bags. They are so convenient…perfect for Disneyland!
Yesterday I went to brunch at Beso in Hollywood, hosted by Bri Seeley and Maile PR Media. I will have pictures up tomorrow of the event details, so don’t miss that! Here is my outfit of the day. I kept it casual in a summer dress and denim vest. It has been super hot so light layers are key. These nude wedges were perfect with the outfit. It was my first time wearing them, and I already know I will get a lot of use out of them! I hope you all have a great Monday! Start the week out right and it’ll pay off by Friday! Oh also, today is my last day of being 24 years old. So don’t be shocked next time I post some pics and my hair is grey and I have lot of wrinkles! Ha!
1. Gold Tube Bracelet from Shop Lately This bracelet is so dainty and delicate, I can’t get enough of it! Simple jewelry pieces are so classic and will never go out of style. This is only $9 too!
Sign up with Shop Lately here
2. Mac Lipliner in Subculture I am really into nude/brown lips right now. This pencil lasts a really long time and is so natural looking. I love using this first then applying a nude gloss on top. So easy!
3. Macadamia Deep Repair Mask My hair has been growing out of control lately. One of my tricks is to use a deep conditioning mask every other wash. This one leaves my hair sooo shiny and soft, it’s unreal.
40% off ALL Macadamia products with link above
4. Murad Advanced Radiance Serum I have been getting a lot of comments on my channel lately asking what highlighter I have been using. I actually haven’t even been using a highlighter at all these past two weeks. The only change is this serum. It has made my face literally glow since I started using it!
5. Hourglass Brow Pencil in Blonde My eyebrows are blonde and really not visible without makeup on. I love this pencil/pen because it is waxy, so it clings to my brows and doesn’t fade away. I use this when I don’t want to spend a lot of time on my brows. You can pencil them in super quick and it looks really natural.