So I have had a little obsession with Fixer Upper on HGTV lately and have fallen in love with JoJo’s design taste. Everything is very French Country. There are lots of feminine pieces mixed with rustic wood finishes giving a very polished, yet relaxed vibe. Believe it or not, all of these items below are from Target. I have been so impressed with their decor lately and basically want it all for our new house. I put together some of my top pics that fall into the French Country theme. Let me know what your design style is below!
So last week we talked about makeup, today is all about hair! 2014 was definitely a year of collecting hair products. From hairspray to masks, I have gone on a rampage testing out a bazillion products. I love working with hair products in place of hot tools. They are a great way to give your hair a break from the heat and amp up your style. I mean, I couldn’t live without dry shampoo. I try to go two days without washing my hair. When I tell most people this, they look at me with disgust…seriously. But it has made my hair so healthy and it grows way faster then before. I also rarely dye my hair now. Honestly, for the past three years I have been dying my hair once a year. I usually get balayage and ombre highlights put it and let my hair grown out naturally. I don’t touch my roots ever. My auburn is getting a lot darker these days and I’m trying to embrace the darker hue and resist going lighter. Okay now on to some hair products that I couldn’t live without. (To see more info on these products, watch my video HERE!)
1. DermOrganic Shampoo & Masque: This has been the one shampoo/conditioner that has really stood out to me this year. It is packed with effective yet natural ingredients, and keeps my hair incredibly healthy and shiny. I love that is has argan oil inside which is great at adding moisture, but it never weighs my hair down. I order mine off Vitacost, but I always see them at Marshalls and Tjmaxx.
2. Giovanni Natural Mousse: What I love most about this mousse, is how you can’t feel it when applied to your hair. It is so lightweight but still adds so much volume and bounce. I use one to two pumps and apply to wet hair. When I blow-dry, I always notice a difference in how much lift my hair has. Another bonus is that it’s made with natural and safe ingredients.
3. Alterna Beach Sun-Recovery Spray: This is my go-to leave-in conditioner, and has been for a few years. It leaves my hair feeling incredibly soft and it smells so fruity and delicious. This is great year round, but especially in the summer when your hair is extra dry and brittle.
4. Bumble and Bumble Texture: Oldie but a goodie. I got this such a long time ago, so don’t let the price fool you. You really get your money’s worth here. I first found out about this from an old hair dresser of mine and was sold after she used it on me. It’s a putty consistency and you have to apply it on wet hair. If you want a surf/relaxed curl you can scrunch your hair and let it air dry. I do this a lot in the summer for an easy hairstyle. Another option is to comb it through, then blow dry your hair and style. The product will give your hair a bit of hold and yes…texture. It really alows you control your hair style and keep your hairstyle alive for at least two days.
5. Macadamia Healing Oil Treatment: I had a sample of this in Hawaii a few years ago and it kept my hair from becoming overly dry despite the weather. It’s a rich oil that you apply to the ends of wet hair. I love how hydrated it keeps my locks and the beautiful, slightly intoxicating scent it leaves in your hair. You can also apply a little to dry hair to smooth your ends, just don’t use too much.
6. Redken Wind Blow Dry Spray: I’m not a huge fan of strong hold hairsprays, which is why this spray has quickly become my BFF. It is a dry spray, so it won’t leave a tacky residue in your hair. Like the name says, it honestly looks like the wind has blown your hair around after using it. I love using this to finish off my hair style and give it an airy bounce. Pretty much my ideal finishing spray.
7. Teaze Comb: A must have! If my hair is ever flat, which is most of the time, I use this toward my part. A teazing ‘brush’ is so much more effective and less abrasive than a standard comb. I keep one in my purse and one in my bathroom AT ALL TIMES. Skip coffee one day and buy yourself one of these gems.
8. Got2B Volumizing Powder: If you want lasting volume, this is a must. It’s a slightly tacky powder that you pour into the roots of your hair. I rub it into my scalp and sometimes will go over it with a teasing comb for extra volume. Whenever I have an event to go to I always use this. If teasing your hair alone doesn’t do the trick, definitely try this as well. It amps up the lift like no other.
9. Herbal Essences Dry Shampoo: A surprising favorite for me this year. I wanted to include something that was easy to find at the drugstore that was also very effective. Dry shampoo’s can be tricky. Some leave a white residue, smell funky, or make your hair feel heavy. This one does everything you could want a dry shampoo to do. It takes away oil, leaves behind a refreshing smell, and adds weightless body to your hair.
10. Alterna Caviar Anti-Aging Dry Shampoo: This is usually my go-to dry shampoo. It’s a powder form which is great because it is much more gentle and safe on your hair. It’s also anti-aging and removes product build up. If you are okay with spending a little more money, I’d go with this dry shampoo.
11. Macadamia Oil Deep Repair Mask: I have tried many hair masks and this has worked the best for my hair. It is incredibly hydrating and healing. Not to mention it has the same scent the the healing oil has. I like to use this about once every two weeks to keep my hair looking and feeling it’s best.
1 instant film camera/2 portable speaker/3 headphones/4 charger
5 touch-screen gloves/6 iphone case/7 key chain/8 camera strap
9 ipad cover/10 portable charger/11 bluetooth speaker/12 wristlet
Who said tech stuff was just for guys? There are so many cute products out on the market that are perfect for the people in your life that love gadgets. Long gone are the days of ugly charging cords and headphones. I have searched the internet for the most fashion forward tech items that are perfect for gifting. Frends, ban.do, and Kate Spade are my top brands for super cute gear. The best part is, you can order all of these online so you don’t even have to leave the house!
Here are my picks for the beauty lover in your life! More gift guides to come…let me know what person you need to shop for! Can you believe it is almost DECEMBER?? What the heck? I’m actually in shock typing this. lol. I need to get started on my holiday shopping, I usually do most of it online. Check my youtube channel on Friday for a special video that is all about holiday sales for cyber Monday and my top picks!
**coupon code for the curling iron**
Get ANY set for $99 + Free Argan Oil + Free Shipping!!
Use Code: doubledip
Get 60% off entire site + Free US Shipping!
Use Code: Kendra60
Let’s talk about my love for sweaters. There is nothing more cozy and cute than a slightly oversized cable knit sweater. They really can serve as a great base piece to any outfit. Most look great with a great pair of tall boots, or booties. Leather and suede are my favorite types. You can also add in more knit pieces, like an infinity scarf or a warm beanie. Let me know some of your favorite stores to stock up on sweaters in the comments! I hope you are all having a great week, thanks so much for stopping by! (I also just posted a new video on my YouTube channel!)
Hi friends! I have pulled together my top pics for jackets this fall. I separated it into four categories. Each type of these jackets are so versatile and will keep you both warm and fashionable this season. Let me know in the comments which type you are most looking forward to wearing. Happy shopping!Leather 1/2/3
I have been obsessing over booties. I just got #6 in this collage to wear at fashion week and love them so so much. Get yourself some booties for the fall. They are so versatile which makes them a closet essential! My favorite way to wear them is by dressing them down with boyfriend jeans and a flannel. They also add a great look to dresses. No matter what your style looks like, there are endless options… open/closed toe, thin/chunky or no heel, suede/leather, hardware…you get it! Next time you are shopping, stop by the shoe department and try a pair on. Tweet me a picture too! Who else is SO ready for fall!? Bring on the colder weather! So have fun shopping my top pick below. I tried to include all price points.
It is no secret I have a love affair with Vitacost. Most of the time I talk about the beauty products I purchase, but believe it or not, I spend more money on food and drinks. I love trying out new natural companies but am not a fan of the price tag of most of these brands. So, I typically buy all of my dry goods and some drinks online. Almond milk, coconut water, granola bars, canned goods, salsa…..yes I know I am sort of insane. But hey, I save money and I am proud of that! If you guys want a big list of what I usually buy from Vitacost as far as groceries go, let me know. So here is an order I recently made with some new bars, protein powders and other random items. I hope you all enjoy and let me know what your favorites are from Vitacost. If you don’t know what Vitacost is, then you must be new to my channel!
I had so much fun with this look by Bri Seeley. Totally different than my usual laid back style, but it is always fun to step outside your comfort zone every now and then. I was immediately drawn to this mustard skirt. It adds a richness to the outfit without being too in your face. I also am loving this black and white printed top. There is a tie at the neck which you can’t see from my pictures. The neat thing is, you can tie it in front or back depending on the look you are going for. Right when Andrew saw these pictures he said, ‘oh like New Girl’. So if you are wanting to look like Jess, this is perfect for you! I hope you all are having a great week and thanks so much for stopping by!top: bri seeley
Let’s face it. Some days you are not in the mood to get dressed up. Okay, so this is how I feel most days. Guilty. It may be from living in Southern California my whole life. I feel much for comfortable in flip flops than I do heels, and shorts always trump a skirt in my head. I recently got this top and shorts and have been LIVING in them for the past couple weeks. Seriously. Tanks, bralettes, and these denim sweat shorts have become my new wardrobe and I love it. Also, I have been using this black fringe bag from Windsor for the past month and I am completely obsessed! It is the perfect bag, and makes any outfit look cuter than it actually is! I hope you all have a great Wednesday and thanks for stopping by!