It’s almost 2015! I am rounding up my top products of the year and figured I’d start out with skincare. I have a slight obsession with skin care products and am so happy with all the great products I’ve discovered this year. I am a huge fan of using products with pure and natural ingredients. They have transformed my skin and I highly suggest you try substituting some of your products with harsh ingredients with more pure ones. Here are my very favorite skin care items that I use daily!
1. Giovanni Facial Cleansing Towelettes– I always like having face wipes on hand. They are great at taking off the bulk of your makeup, especially while you are watching tv at night! I don’t count on these to do all of my cleansing, but they work really well at a quick and easy clean. (I always wash my face later on with an actual cleanser…see number 2.)
2. Sibu Sea Buckthorn Cleanser– SO. GOOD. If you want the perfect cleanser here you go! This is my go-to. It does a great job at taking your makeup off and giving your skin a deep clean. It has tiny beads that really help to get all the gunk out of your pores. It smells lightly of citrus and has a gel texture. This cleanser won’t burn your eyes and will keep your breakouts away. Seriously, buy it.
3. Shea Terra Argan and Rosemary Cleansing Oil– Alright this product has been life-changing ever since I started using it. No joke. Basically, it’s an oil that you apply first to a cotton ball, then wipe all across your face after you cleanse. You will see everything that wasn’t washed away with your cleanser on the cotton ball. Sometimes if I don’t do a good job at washing my face, it’s a little gross seeing all the gunk that I end up wiping off. But it will leave your skin completely purified and since there is rosemary in this, you are fighting the bacteria on your face. I don’t usually need a moisturizer after I used this product.
4. Andalou Naturals Dermal Filler– I have recently started noticing fine lines on my skin. Sad day. A friend recommended this to me to target under eye fine lines and smile lines near the mouth. I love the smooth texture this product has and I actually can tell that it works. Definitely a staple in my routine now, and it’s always in my shopping cart!
5. CSI Vivid Eyes Cucumber Eye Cream– I don’t get much darkness under my eyes, but I do get puffy in the morning. This eye cream works almost instantly at reducing any redness or puffy areas around your eyes. I love the refreshing scent and how lightweight it is. I see this as an instant wake up product. (Especially great after a long night!)
6. Andalou Naturals Rosewater Mask– Holy moly. The second I opened this little gem and gave it a whiff I was sold. Then after I applied it to my skin I wanted to tell every person I know to go run and buy one! It feels so luxurious and smells like a sweet rosey marshmallow. This is great for replenishing dry skin and adding a glow to the skin.
7. Alba Good & Healthy Weightless Moisture Lotion– This lotion has actual veggies inside so it doesn’t have the best scent. However, the ingredients are so nourishing that I can let that slide. This keeps my skin from ever feeling dry or itchy during the winter months. It works great under makeup and has helped my skin stay balanced.
8. Purlisse Pur-Protect Spf 30 Sunscreen– This is a great all around sunscreen. I apply this either before or after my moisturizer. Honestly which ever is closer to me goes on my skin first! I love that this sunscreen doesn’t smell to strong and is super lightweight. It also has soothing ingredients inside like white tea, which really helps calm my sensitive skin.
9. Andalou Illuminating Toner– I am a huge fan of the brightening line from Andalou Naturals. This toner does a great job at keeping your skin balanced and gets rid of any dirt and grime. With all the brightening products, your skin will look more radiant after using them.
10. Avalon Organics Lavender Scrub– All time favorite scrub. This is an incredibly soothing scrub, which is great if you have sensitive skin like I do. It feels amazing when applied to the skin and you will notice an improvement in your skin after the first use. I love seeing how my skin glows after I use this scrub…it’s slightly addicting. If you are looking for a new scrub this is a no brainer.
11. Andalou Naturals 1000 Roses Night Cream– Like the rose mask I use, this has a similar scent and texture. It not only feels great, but keeps my skin hydrated throughout the entire night. I hate waking up with tight and itchy skin, but when I use this product that never happens! I prefer using this when my skin is on the dry side because it is a rich cream, but never clogs my pores.
12. Just Natural Acne Spot Treatment– Last but not least is this miracle oil. I apply this to any active pimples or bumps on my skin overnight. When I wake up my bumps are either completely gone or reduced in size dramatically! I have tried countless acne products and this is by FAR the best I’ve tried. You might be thinking ‘oil on pimples’? Until you try it out for yourself you won’t know how amazing it is. Trust!
With fall coming up it’s super important to keep your skin hydrated. My skin is starting to feel slightly dryer as the weather is beginning to change and I am so ready for cooler weather! I have listed each step I have been taking before I go to bed at night. Each of these products does a great job at keeping my skin clear, even and hydrated. Check below for links and more details on each product.
One Love Organics Skin Savor Waterless Multi-Balm– This product can be used for so many things, which makes it worth the money. You can use this as a hair tamer, illuminizer, makeup remover, moisturizer, pomade..the list goes on. I prefer using it as a makeup remover. All you do is rub some product onto your eyes and face and your makeup will melt away. With ingredients like mango butter, vitamin e, jojoba oil, and orange peel wax you can imagine how luxurious it smells and feels.
Sibu Cleanser– I use this immediately after I remove my makeup. It gets the remainder off and then gives your skin a great cleanse. Sibu products have sea buckthorn seed oil in them, which has done amazing things for my skin. This cleanser has been my favorite for over a year, so I think that speaks for itself!
Murad Transforming Powder– If I want to give my face a deep clean, I will follow up with a scrub. This one by Murad is a powder, so you add water to it to form a paste. This is a great product for sensitive and acne prone skin because it is very gentle, but very effective.
Just Natural Acne Manuka Oil Treatment– If I have any pimples, I will apply this as a spot treatment. I swear by oils for clearing up acne. This oil in particular has karanja and camellia oils that are lightweight and antibacterial. The first night I used this, I had two pimples smack dab in the middle of my forehead. I applied a few drops of this on the area before bed and when I woke up, the spots were significantly reduced. Hello new best friend.
Andalou Naturals 1000 Roses Moroccan Beauty Oil– When I want to both heal and treat my skin at night, I slather on an oil. I’ve been obsessed with this one by Andalou. The subtle rose scent is so relaxing and the oil itself does a great job at making my skin look plump and even when I wake up in the morning. It is full of tannins and polyphenols which helps to tighten the skin.
Andalou Naturals 1000 Roses Mask– If I feel my skin needs some extra love, I will use a mask after I wash my face. The scent of this is beyond words. It is loaded with pomegranate that tones and hyaluronic acid and aloe vera for extra hydration.
Well hello everyone! I am actually happy that it’s Monday. Am I crazy? Two things that make me happy are stability and predictability. This move has been such a whirl wind and I honestly was starting to go a little insane. We finally have a decent amount of furniture (I’ll have a video on all the furniture we found). I can actually sit down at my desk and type on my desktop! You have no idea how happy that makes me. It gets a little old laying in bed, typing blog posts on your laptop. I am one of those people. Yes. What else has changed? My videos are starting to get back to a normal schedule and I am finally getting caught up on my emails. There is nothing worse than a bunch of unanswered emails! Sooo, today’s video is all about skincare. I am a skincare junkie. Sort of. I really enjoy washing my face at night and applying products. It is a relaxing experience for me and I try to enjoy it instead of rushing through. I also like skincare products a lot more since I switched over to using mostly natural products. I experience way less break outs, redness and uneven skin tone. My skin also is much brighter than it’s ever been. I hope you all enjoy this video and hopefully you can try some of these products out for yourself!
I finally filmed a video! But, it was super echo-y sooo I may need to film in our room since it’s smaller than the living room. I also use a mic, so I know it’s not that. We just have super high ceilings. So these products have been staples for the past week and a half. I have used them during our road trip and can always count on them! I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!
I am slightly..no majorly addicted to skincare. I love pampering my skin, morning and night, with real and natural products. Since switching over to naturals skincare, my skin has improved tremendously. I have compiled my top products for 2013 in this video for you. I hope you enjoy! Stay tuned for makeup favorites coming next week.