It’s almost 2015! I am rounding up my top products of the year and figured I’d start out with skincare. I have a slight obsession with skin care products and am so happy with all the great products I’ve discovered this year. I am a huge fan of using products with pure and natural ingredients. They have transformed my skin and I highly suggest you try substituting some of your products with harsh ingredients with more pure ones. Here are my very favorite skin care items that I use daily!
1. Giovanni Facial Cleansing Towelettes– I always like having face wipes on hand. They are great at taking off the bulk of your makeup, especially while you are watching tv at night! I don’t count on these to do all of my cleansing, but they work really well at a quick and easy clean. (I always wash my face later on with an actual cleanser…see number 2.)
2. Sibu Sea Buckthorn Cleanser– SO. GOOD. If you want the perfect cleanser here you go! This is my go-to. It does a great job at taking your makeup off and giving your skin a deep clean. It has tiny beads that really help to get all the gunk out of your pores. It smells lightly of citrus and has a gel texture. This cleanser won’t burn your eyes and will keep your breakouts away. Seriously, buy it.
3. Shea Terra Argan and Rosemary Cleansing Oil– Alright this product has been life-changing ever since I started using it. No joke. Basically, it’s an oil that you apply first to a cotton ball, then wipe all across your face after you cleanse. You will see everything that wasn’t washed away with your cleanser on the cotton ball. Sometimes if I don’t do a good job at washing my face, it’s a little gross seeing all the gunk that I end up wiping off. But it will leave your skin completely purified and since there is rosemary in this, you are fighting the bacteria on your face. I don’t usually need a moisturizer after I used this product.
4. Andalou Naturals Dermal Filler– I have recently started noticing fine lines on my skin. Sad day. A friend recommended this to me to target under eye fine lines and smile lines near the mouth. I love the smooth texture this product has and I actually can tell that it works. Definitely a staple in my routine now, and it’s always in my shopping cart!
5. CSI Vivid Eyes Cucumber Eye Cream– I don’t get much darkness under my eyes, but I do get puffy in the morning. This eye cream works almost instantly at reducing any redness or puffy areas around your eyes. I love the refreshing scent and how lightweight it is. I see this as an instant wake up product. (Especially great after a long night!)
6. Andalou Naturals Rosewater Mask– Holy moly. The second I opened this little gem and gave it a whiff I was sold. Then after I applied it to my skin I wanted to tell every person I know to go run and buy one! It feels so luxurious and smells like a sweet rosey marshmallow. This is great for replenishing dry skin and adding a glow to the skin.
7. Alba Good & Healthy Weightless Moisture Lotion– This lotion has actual veggies inside so it doesn’t have the best scent. However, the ingredients are so nourishing that I can let that slide. This keeps my skin from ever feeling dry or itchy during the winter months. It works great under makeup and has helped my skin stay balanced.
8. Purlisse Pur-Protect Spf 30 Sunscreen– This is a great all around sunscreen. I apply this either before or after my moisturizer. Honestly which ever is closer to me goes on my skin first! I love that this sunscreen doesn’t smell to strong and is super lightweight. It also has soothing ingredients inside like white tea, which really helps calm my sensitive skin.
9. Andalou Illuminating Toner– I am a huge fan of the brightening line from Andalou Naturals. This toner does a great job at keeping your skin balanced and gets rid of any dirt and grime. With all the brightening products, your skin will look more radiant after using them.
10. Avalon Organics Lavender Scrub– All time favorite scrub. This is an incredibly soothing scrub, which is great if you have sensitive skin like I do. It feels amazing when applied to the skin and you will notice an improvement in your skin after the first use. I love seeing how my skin glows after I use this scrub…it’s slightly addicting. If you are looking for a new scrub this is a no brainer.
11. Andalou Naturals 1000 Roses Night Cream– Like the rose mask I use, this has a similar scent and texture. It not only feels great, but keeps my skin hydrated throughout the entire night. I hate waking up with tight and itchy skin, but when I use this product that never happens! I prefer using this when my skin is on the dry side because it is a rich cream, but never clogs my pores.
12. Just Natural Acne Spot Treatment– Last but not least is this miracle oil. I apply this to any active pimples or bumps on my skin overnight. When I wake up my bumps are either completely gone or reduced in size dramatically! I have tried countless acne products and this is by FAR the best I’ve tried. You might be thinking ‘oil on pimples’? Until you try it out for yourself you won’t know how amazing it is. Trust!
Here are my picks for the beauty lover in your life! More gift guides to come…let me know what person you need to shop for! Can you believe it is almost DECEMBER?? What the heck? I’m actually in shock typing this. lol. I need to get started on my holiday shopping, I usually do most of it online. Check my youtube channel on Friday for a special video that is all about holiday sales for cyber Monday and my top picks!
**coupon code for the curling iron**
Get ANY set for $99 + Free Argan Oil + Free Shipping!!
Use Code: doubledip
Get 60% off entire site + Free US Shipping!
Use Code: Kendra60
Hey guys! I hope you are all having a productive week. I can’t believe it’s already Thursday. I need more hours in the day!! So today we are talking hair and body care. I recently started trying out products from Just Natural and am loving everything so far. I want to try more now, even though I do not need any more products in my bathroom! All the products are alcohol free, cruelty free, gluten free, handmade fresh, made in the USA, natural, organic, no gmo’s, paraben free, sulfate free, and vegan. I mean common!!! So I wanted to go over each product I have been using and let you know some of the skin care benefits each has. Also, let me know in the comments if you have tried other products from the line.
1. Vinegar Rinse Cleanser: So happy I found this. I use a lot of products in my hair, and I haven’t been using any clarifying shampoo’s lately. I have always heard that apple cider vinegar is great for getting product build-up out of your hair, but am too lazy to make my own concoction. When I saw that Just Natural carried this, it was the first thing on my wish list. It gets rid of any build up in your hair from the environment, minerals from your water and hair products. It basically detoxifies the barrier of residue on your hair leaving your hair much more soft and super shiny. Each and every one of you needs this in your shower!
2. Shampoo (Thicker Hair): Who doesn’t want thicker hair? Okay, I guess some people don’t. But I am always teasing my hair to give it more volume and lift. This is a great shampoo because it doesn’t way your hair down. I have been using the Dermorganic shampoo for a long time now, but it’s nice to switch off with this one because of how lightweight it is. It contains burdock extract, vitamin b5, rice protein and camellia seed oil which help to strengthen, prevent damage, add body, strength, softness, radiance, and flexibility to the hair. All things that we are all in need of!
3. Leave-in Conditioner: This is very rich cream so you need the tiniest amount. I use this on my ends to help add extra hydration as my hair dries. Most products that contain chemicals just lay on your hair and don’t really sink into the strands. This on the other hand, actually penetrates in the hair with natural fruit extracts, oils and butters. It is full of pure ingredients like babassu oil, fenugreek, calendula and horsetail extracts, that help strengthen and moisturize your
hair. Hello radiance!
4. Manuka Acne Treatment: So I rarely use the words ‘holy grail’ but I think the time has come. This miracle in a bottle is unreal. I had a few pimples on my forehead one night and put a little of this oil on overnight. When I woke up they were almost completely gone. They had shrunk in size and were much less red. Then by the end of the day, they were gone! What!? The manuka oil is anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial and also has antimicrobial properties that penetrate to
unblock pores. Plus, karanja and red thyme naturally improve and restore the skin. Just get yourself a little jar and see the results for yourself!
5. Natural Body Cream: This is some thick cream! If you get super dry in the colder months this will really help you out. It contains macadamia oil and illipe butter to provide deep hydration and smoothness. I keep this on my bedside table and use right when I get out of the shower. It feels like butter putting on, and my skin drinks it up. Say goodbye to cracked knees and ankles. Okay that sounded gross, but it’s true.
6. Natural Body Wash: (Skin Calming): If you are looking for a pure and hydrating shower gel you will love this. It has aloe vera, licorice extract and sea buckthorn oil which are all incredibly moisturizing and soothing to the skin. It’s also packed with omega rich oils, vitamins and protein to renew your skin. This one has an herbally scent which is what I gravitate toward. If you walk into Aveda stores and find yourself inhaling deeply, I’m right there with you. This has earned a spot in my shower this fall and I am thoroughly enjoying it!
Now I want to go take a shower after writing this!
With fall coming up it’s super important to keep your skin hydrated. My skin is starting to feel slightly dryer as the weather is beginning to change and I am so ready for cooler weather! I have listed each step I have been taking before I go to bed at night. Each of these products does a great job at keeping my skin clear, even and hydrated. Check below for links and more details on each product.
One Love Organics Skin Savor Waterless Multi-Balm– This product can be used for so many things, which makes it worth the money. You can use this as a hair tamer, illuminizer, makeup remover, moisturizer, pomade..the list goes on. I prefer using it as a makeup remover. All you do is rub some product onto your eyes and face and your makeup will melt away. With ingredients like mango butter, vitamin e, jojoba oil, and orange peel wax you can imagine how luxurious it smells and feels.
Sibu Cleanser– I use this immediately after I remove my makeup. It gets the remainder off and then gives your skin a great cleanse. Sibu products have sea buckthorn seed oil in them, which has done amazing things for my skin. This cleanser has been my favorite for over a year, so I think that speaks for itself!
Murad Transforming Powder– If I want to give my face a deep clean, I will follow up with a scrub. This one by Murad is a powder, so you add water to it to form a paste. This is a great product for sensitive and acne prone skin because it is very gentle, but very effective.
Just Natural Acne Manuka Oil Treatment– If I have any pimples, I will apply this as a spot treatment. I swear by oils for clearing up acne. This oil in particular has karanja and camellia oils that are lightweight and antibacterial. The first night I used this, I had two pimples smack dab in the middle of my forehead. I applied a few drops of this on the area before bed and when I woke up, the spots were significantly reduced. Hello new best friend.
Andalou Naturals 1000 Roses Moroccan Beauty Oil– When I want to both heal and treat my skin at night, I slather on an oil. I’ve been obsessed with this one by Andalou. The subtle rose scent is so relaxing and the oil itself does a great job at making my skin look plump and even when I wake up in the morning. It is full of tannins and polyphenols which helps to tighten the skin.
Andalou Naturals 1000 Roses Mask– If I feel my skin needs some extra love, I will use a mask after I wash my face. The scent of this is beyond words. It is loaded with pomegranate that tones and hyaluronic acid and aloe vera for extra hydration.
Sorry for being MIA this week! I am swamped with things to do. I’m heading to New York on Friday and then my mom and one of my friends is visiting next week so I am trying to get ahead! I wanted to let you all know about the giveaway running on my channel this week. You still have a few days to enter so hurry hurry! Most of the items were in the goody bags I passed out during my meet up. I hope you all enjoy!
Well hello everyone! I am actually happy that it’s Monday. Am I crazy? Two things that make me happy are stability and predictability. This move has been such a whirl wind and I honestly was starting to go a little insane. We finally have a decent amount of furniture (I’ll have a video on all the furniture we found). I can actually sit down at my desk and type on my desktop! You have no idea how happy that makes me. It gets a little old laying in bed, typing blog posts on your laptop. I am one of those people. Yes. What else has changed? My videos are starting to get back to a normal schedule and I am finally getting caught up on my emails. There is nothing worse than a bunch of unanswered emails! Sooo, today’s video is all about skincare. I am a skincare junkie. Sort of. I really enjoy washing my face at night and applying products. It is a relaxing experience for me and I try to enjoy it instead of rushing through. I also like skincare products a lot more since I switched over to using mostly natural products. I experience way less break outs, redness and uneven skin tone. My skin also is much brighter than it’s ever been. I hope you all enjoy this video and hopefully you can try some of these products out for yourself!
How good does it feel to use up a product? For all my fellow beauty junkies out there, I know you get me! This month I tried to power through some products so I could move on to bigger and better things! Not really..but I tend to get pretty tired of things really quick. Let me know what you tend to use up the quickest? Enjoy the video! Love you guys!
I have been testing out these Shea Terra Organics products for the last few weeks and am totally impressed. Since I have tried so many skin care brands, I have pretty high standards. These products have done such great things to my skin. I am really impressed with how pure and natural the ingredients are, the packaging and how well they work. I would definitely suggest checking this line out if you are in the need of some new body/skin care products, or if you feel like shopping!
Rose Hips Black Soap Facial Wash: This cleanser is a rich black/brown color and smells like a combination of roses and soap. After using this for just a few days I noticed my blackheads were practically gone, and my skin looked noticeably tighter. You can also leave it on your face for 5-10 minutes if you want deeper treatment. This has quickly become my new favorite cleanser.
Argan Rosemary Facial Cleansing Oil: This product is an essential to me now. You pump a little onto a cotton ball and swipe it across your face after cleansing. It gets rid of any remaining dirt or debris that was left behind. The rosemary oil kills bacteria, which is why this is an amazing product for getting rid of acne.
Moroccan Argan Oil: I mean, if any of you out there don’t have Argan Oil in your life get with it! This oil is the perfect nighttime moisturizer. You need the smallest amount, just enough to absorb in to your skin. I promise you will wake up with more plump and hydrated skin.
Argan and Olive Hand and Body Lotion: This is a lightweight, yet hydrating lotion. It absorbs so quickly into the skin and leaves a silky glow behind. It smells strongly of peppermint, with a bit of sweetness (sort of like those mini peppermint candy canes). I find the scent to last a while and even tingles my skin, which is really relaxing.
African Blue Calming Bath Oil Drops:This is really unique product. The oil is blue and very fragrant. This product is ideal if you work out a lot and have really sore muscles. You put some into your bath and it will perfume the air and hydrate your skin. When you get out of the bath you don’t even need to apply lotion because of how moisturized you’ll already be.