Hey guys! Today I wanted to talk skin! I am a huge skincare lover. I am always on the hunt for the absolute best products. I only share things I have been using when my skin is at it’s best, and lucky for me that time is now! Korres is a brand I’ve been using for a long time, so when they launched a new eye serum and reformulated a few products from their Black Pine line, I knew I had to try them! I also was wanting to find some new products to help with my fine lines and dark circles. During my pregnancy my skin was practically perfect. I never had any breakouts and the weight I gained filled in all my fine lines. Now, almost 5 months postpartum, my lines have come back as I drop the weight. And as far as my eyes go, well let’s just say twins and sleep don’t go hand in hand! (On the bright side, we are sleep training and getting so much more sleep it is amazing! Another blog post on that subject coming soon!) So with a lack of sleep comes dark under eyes. I really never had any issues with darkness before, but now, that is my main area of concern. So let me walk you through these products and let you know why they have changed my skin.
Let’s start with eyes. In the photo above the product on the left is the new Black Pine Super Eye Serum. It will lift your entire eye area, leaving you with youthful, bright and fatigue-free eyes. I have noticed a big improvement in the brightness of my under eyes. They are much less dark and smoother than before. Some days I don’t even feel the need to wear concealer (and that is a BIG deal). The serum stimulates the production of collagen and elastin, while diminishing dark circles and reducing the appearance of fine lines. Things we are always looking for in an eye product! It also contains the Defeye Gravity Complex, which helps with sagging eyelids, and Elastilift-3D, which helps to re-contour your face. Hello chiseled features! The 3D Black Pine Eye Cream will also help promote skin elasticity and improve the texture of your under eye area. I like to add the eye cream on top of the serum for a little more moisture overnight.
The next two products I’ve been really enjoying are the Firming, Lifting & Anti-Wrinkle Night Cream and the Active Firming Sleeping Oil. The Sleeping Oil has also been reformulated with more advanced ingredients! Sometimes I’ll use both together if my skin feels extra dry or other times I’ll just use the Sleeping Oil by itself. The oil is ultra-concentrated and feels silky on the skin. It’s extremely lightweight, so if you aren’t usually a fan of oils I’d suggest you try this one because it really sinks into your skin. It helps to recontour, firm and nourish the skin along with optimizing the volume of your skin, making your face look more lifted. I look forward to using this product before bed because of how luxurious it feels. Such a treat! The night cream contains black pine extracts, which are the first natural polypeptides. This helps with collagen and elastic production, firming the skin and protecting your skin from free radicals. If my skin feels extra dry I will apply the night cream on top of the sleeping oil and always wake up with amazing skin.
So if you are in the market for some new firming and lifting skincare products I highly recommend these. I try so many products so for a line to stand out really means something. My skin has looked so much better since incorporating these into my routine and I am highly critical of my own skin! I’d love to know if you already use some of these and how they work for you! Thanks for stopping by!
Life has changed quite a bit recently. With the birth of our twin girls, my days are now consumed with feeding, burping and changing on repeat. But I wouldn’t have it any other way! Because of my lack of free time, I have had to alter my beauty routine quite a bit. I still like to take some time each day to freshen myself up so I feel alive, but the amount of products I use is less than before. I now try to be more efficient but still savor those moments I have to myself. All the products I have to mention are from Marshalls. I found some amazing items the last time I was there and I have been using them close to every day since.
The first area I always focus on is the skin. If your skin looks good, your makeup will look much better. Two products I have been loving are the Tiaki Face Serum and the By Nature Eye Crème. Serums are wonderful to pump your skin with nutrients and add moisture at the same time. This one in particular is lightweight yet still very hydrating. It also leaves your skin looking fresh and dewy. The second product that is a must with newborns is an eye cream! I enjoy this one because it targets dark circles. With less sleep at night comes tired undereyes. Make sure to dot on a little eye cream morning and night to keep them looking bright and awake.
Next up is makeup. To cut down on my time I use fewer products on my face. I usually start out with a lightweight BB Cream to even out my skin tone. After that I’ll apply a small amount of powder so it will last. Next, I go in with bronzer to warm up my complexion. I honestly think bronzer is essential these days. I haven’t been outside much so I count on bronzer to give my skin some life and dimension. This one from Bobbi Brown is great for an all over bronze or to contour your features. Last is highlighter. I’ve been loving Laura Geller’s Gilded Honey applied to the high points of my face. It adds almost a ‘wet’ look to your skin. Highlighter is a product that will always make you feel so much better! I also found these brushes at Marshalls and they are awesome. Make sure to check out all their brush kits, they usually have a lot of great options.
Nothing says pampering more than taking a bath. No matter how busy I get I find that there is always time for a 20 minute bath. Load up the bubbles, add some salts and light a candle. A bubble bath is a great way to unwind and relax your body. A good time of day for me is after my husband comes home from work and after we have eaten dinner. I typically put the girls down around 7:00 so there are a few hours of calm. I check out for about 30 minutes, find a good YouTube video to watch and try to savor those quiet moments soaking in the tub. I had to share these bath salts I found because I can’t get over how beautiful the packaging is. The brand is Alchemy Studio and I also have their hand soap, which is equally as pretty!
So even with newborn twins, it is possible to find a little time for yourself! I think it’s important to pamper yourself a little bit to make up for the clothes covered in spit up!
It is officially time to start holiday shopping! I am going to be posting a series of gift guides to help you through this holiday season. I’m starting off with stocking stuffers. These are smaller items that are fine to gift alone or add to any other gift. Can I put these on my wish list as well?! Also I’ll have a post on Black Friday with all the great deals going on so don’t miss out on that! Happy Shopping!
Sephora’s VIB sale is coming up on the 13th so I put together some things that are on my wishlist and also some things that I think would be great to get during this sale. It’s always a good idea to get things you already love and know you’ll be needing soon. Mascara, beauty blenders, concealer and setting sprays are a few things I always need but hate buying. This sale is the perfect time to save a little on those necessities. It’s also a good time to try out things you’ve been eyeing. Palettes, skincare and hair products can be a little pricey so take advantage now. I’m really wanting to try out the Stila Liquid Liner and the Kat Von D Shade and Light Palette! Have you guys tried either? And don’t forget about gifts. If you need to get someone a Christmas gift who loves beauty, this is the perfect time to do your shopping. It’s already November so I need to start figuring out what I need to get! I hope this gives you guys some ideas for your shopping cart.
Hey guys! Long time no talk! Today I have a skincare review on the company Radical Skincare. I have been using three of their products for about two months now and wanted to give you the low down on each of them. Their products are paraben, phthalate and sulfate free. I have pretty sensitive skin, especially with anti-aging products, and these have not made me break out at all! This makes me super excited because I REALLY want to start upping my anti-aging game but most are super rich and break me out. I also just posted my evening skincare routine on my YouTube channel so you can watch that HERE.
1. Instant Revitalizing Mask: My new love. This is seriously the coolest mask I have ever tried. And I have tried a lot of masks. So you apply it to the skin and it looks like a serum. Once you start rubbing it in it turns into more of a white paste. THEN, it starts foaming around the areas that need extra help on your skin. I find that it foams a lot by my nose, forehead (hello forehead lines that I’m not such a fan of!), and also my chin. Basically most people’s trouble areas. After washing off, my skin looks much brighter than before and it feels firmer and super hydrated. You will honestly glow afterward. Two thumbs up! If you want to watch it in action, check out my skincare video.
2. Age-Defying Pads: These little suckers are super effective. They are pads that you apply after cleansing the skin. Just like the mask, you will notice your skin instantly looks much brighter. I only use these every few days because they are full of AHA and BHA acid, making them pretty potent. They help support natural cell turnover, which slows down the aging process. If you are looking to tighten and firm your skin, and minimize the look of your pores and fine lines, these pads are for you!!!
3. Youth Infusion Serum: Last but not least, is this little but mighty serum. This serum is ultra hydrating and really does a great job and rejuvenating the skin. It leaves your skin looking brighter, smoother and gives a youthful glow to the skin. There is algae extract inside which tightens the appearance of skin, protects from oxidative stress, along with antioxidants and skin soothing agents to deeply hydrate, reduces redness, and calm inflammation. I mean…basically everything you want in one product.
Overall, I have been super impressed with the few products I have tried out so far. If you have been on the fence for this line I would definitely suggest trying it out for yourself. Each product has really brightened up my complexion and smoothed out my skin. Let me know if you have tried any other products from this company! Thanks for stopping by and have an awesome day!
It’s almost 2015! I am rounding up my top products of the year and figured I’d start out with skincare. I have a slight obsession with skin care products and am so happy with all the great products I’ve discovered this year. I am a huge fan of using products with pure and natural ingredients. They have transformed my skin and I highly suggest you try substituting some of your products with harsh ingredients with more pure ones. Here are my very favorite skin care items that I use daily!
1. Giovanni Facial Cleansing Towelettes– I always like having face wipes on hand. They are great at taking off the bulk of your makeup, especially while you are watching tv at night! I don’t count on these to do all of my cleansing, but they work really well at a quick and easy clean. (I always wash my face later on with an actual cleanser…see number 2.)
2. Sibu Sea Buckthorn Cleanser– SO. GOOD. If you want the perfect cleanser here you go! This is my go-to. It does a great job at taking your makeup off and giving your skin a deep clean. It has tiny beads that really help to get all the gunk out of your pores. It smells lightly of citrus and has a gel texture. This cleanser won’t burn your eyes and will keep your breakouts away. Seriously, buy it.
3. Shea Terra Argan and Rosemary Cleansing Oil– Alright this product has been life-changing ever since I started using it. No joke. Basically, it’s an oil that you apply first to a cotton ball, then wipe all across your face after you cleanse. You will see everything that wasn’t washed away with your cleanser on the cotton ball. Sometimes if I don’t do a good job at washing my face, it’s a little gross seeing all the gunk that I end up wiping off. But it will leave your skin completely purified and since there is rosemary in this, you are fighting the bacteria on your face. I don’t usually need a moisturizer after I used this product.
4. Andalou Naturals Dermal Filler– I have recently started noticing fine lines on my skin. Sad day. A friend recommended this to me to target under eye fine lines and smile lines near the mouth. I love the smooth texture this product has and I actually can tell that it works. Definitely a staple in my routine now, and it’s always in my shopping cart!
5. CSI Vivid Eyes Cucumber Eye Cream– I don’t get much darkness under my eyes, but I do get puffy in the morning. This eye cream works almost instantly at reducing any redness or puffy areas around your eyes. I love the refreshing scent and how lightweight it is. I see this as an instant wake up product. (Especially great after a long night!)
6. Andalou Naturals Rosewater Mask– Holy moly. The second I opened this little gem and gave it a whiff I was sold. Then after I applied it to my skin I wanted to tell every person I know to go run and buy one! It feels so luxurious and smells like a sweet rosey marshmallow. This is great for replenishing dry skin and adding a glow to the skin.
7. Alba Good & Healthy Weightless Moisture Lotion– This lotion has actual veggies inside so it doesn’t have the best scent. However, the ingredients are so nourishing that I can let that slide. This keeps my skin from ever feeling dry or itchy during the winter months. It works great under makeup and has helped my skin stay balanced.
8. Purlisse Pur-Protect Spf 30 Sunscreen– This is a great all around sunscreen. I apply this either before or after my moisturizer. Honestly which ever is closer to me goes on my skin first! I love that this sunscreen doesn’t smell to strong and is super lightweight. It also has soothing ingredients inside like white tea, which really helps calm my sensitive skin.
9. Andalou Illuminating Toner– I am a huge fan of the brightening line from Andalou Naturals. This toner does a great job at keeping your skin balanced and gets rid of any dirt and grime. With all the brightening products, your skin will look more radiant after using them.
10. Avalon Organics Lavender Scrub– All time favorite scrub. This is an incredibly soothing scrub, which is great if you have sensitive skin like I do. It feels amazing when applied to the skin and you will notice an improvement in your skin after the first use. I love seeing how my skin glows after I use this scrub…it’s slightly addicting. If you are looking for a new scrub this is a no brainer.
11. Andalou Naturals 1000 Roses Night Cream– Like the rose mask I use, this has a similar scent and texture. It not only feels great, but keeps my skin hydrated throughout the entire night. I hate waking up with tight and itchy skin, but when I use this product that never happens! I prefer using this when my skin is on the dry side because it is a rich cream, but never clogs my pores.
12. Just Natural Acne Spot Treatment– Last but not least is this miracle oil. I apply this to any active pimples or bumps on my skin overnight. When I wake up my bumps are either completely gone or reduced in size dramatically! I have tried countless acne products and this is by FAR the best I’ve tried. You might be thinking ‘oil on pimples’? Until you try it out for yourself you won’t know how amazing it is. Trust!
Another month has gone by and it’s time to show you my trash! I feel like I was trying to hard to work through some products and for some reason didn’t have much in the end. I used up so many products before we moved so I guess it will take me a little time to start pushing through some more. I love getting to the bottom of my products. I feel somehow rewarded and accomplished. Please tell me some of you feel the same way! This months empties were pretty half and half. Some I liked, some I didn’t. I hope you all get a good sense to how each product worked for me. That’s the nice thing about reviewing a product after it is used up, I completely know how I liked it or not. Thank you all so much for coming by my blog today and have a great Thursday!
Well hello everyone! I am actually happy that it’s Monday. Am I crazy? Two things that make me happy are stability and predictability. This move has been such a whirl wind and I honestly was starting to go a little insane. We finally have a decent amount of furniture (I’ll have a video on all the furniture we found). I can actually sit down at my desk and type on my desktop! You have no idea how happy that makes me. It gets a little old laying in bed, typing blog posts on your laptop. I am one of those people. Yes. What else has changed? My videos are starting to get back to a normal schedule and I am finally getting caught up on my emails. There is nothing worse than a bunch of unanswered emails! Sooo, today’s video is all about skincare. I am a skincare junkie. Sort of. I really enjoy washing my face at night and applying products. It is a relaxing experience for me and I try to enjoy it instead of rushing through. I also like skincare products a lot more since I switched over to using mostly natural products. I experience way less break outs, redness and uneven skin tone. My skin also is much brighter than it’s ever been. I hope you all enjoy this video and hopefully you can try some of these products out for yourself!
Well I woke up to a million instagram pictures letting me know that today is in fact ‘National Donut Day’. It is pretty early right now and the last thing I want to do is drive to the donut shop looking like how I look right now. So I ate the next best thing. Pie. Yep pie. Andrew is on his finals week right now and had a major craving for coconut cream pie…so it has made mornings especially hard this week. I mean, is there anything better than pie in the morning? Pumpkin, apple, it all tastes great to me at 8:00 in the morning. But then after a few bites my tastes buds practically yell at me to eat something with some substance to it. Okay, I am totally not giving donuts the attention they deserve. I really really wish I didn’t like donuts. Not much smells better than opening a pink box full of donuts. I really have to limit myself to them only when I REALLY am craving one, or else I would be in major trouble. Originally this post was going to be on my weekly favorites. So here are some goodies I have been absolutely in love with. Enjoy the video and have a great weekend! …maybe eat a donut even.
I have been testing out these Shea Terra Organics products for the last few weeks and am totally impressed. Since I have tried so many skin care brands, I have pretty high standards. These products have done such great things to my skin. I am really impressed with how pure and natural the ingredients are, the packaging and how well they work. I would definitely suggest checking this line out if you are in the need of some new body/skin care products, or if you feel like shopping!
Rose Hips Black Soap Facial Wash: This cleanser is a rich black/brown color and smells like a combination of roses and soap. After using this for just a few days I noticed my blackheads were practically gone, and my skin looked noticeably tighter. You can also leave it on your face for 5-10 minutes if you want deeper treatment. This has quickly become my new favorite cleanser.
Argan Rosemary Facial Cleansing Oil: This product is an essential to me now. You pump a little onto a cotton ball and swipe it across your face after cleansing. It gets rid of any remaining dirt or debris that was left behind. The rosemary oil kills bacteria, which is why this is an amazing product for getting rid of acne.
Moroccan Argan Oil: I mean, if any of you out there don’t have Argan Oil in your life get with it! This oil is the perfect nighttime moisturizer. You need the smallest amount, just enough to absorb in to your skin. I promise you will wake up with more plump and hydrated skin.
Argan and Olive Hand and Body Lotion: This is a lightweight, yet hydrating lotion. It absorbs so quickly into the skin and leaves a silky glow behind. It smells strongly of peppermint, with a bit of sweetness (sort of like those mini peppermint candy canes). I find the scent to last a while and even tingles my skin, which is really relaxing.
African Blue Calming Bath Oil Drops:This is really unique product. The oil is blue and very fragrant. This product is ideal if you work out a lot and have really sore muscles. You put some into your bath and it will perfume the air and hydrate your skin. When you get out of the bath you don’t even need to apply lotion because of how moisturized you’ll already be.