Hey guys! Long time no talk. This pregnancy has put me under the radar for quite some time it seems. The nausea has decided to stick around for longer than I had anticipated which puts things on hold a little longer! I wanted to share with you all a great offer Airbnb is having for San Diego residents this summer. I was excited to partner with Airbnb because I have been using their services for a few years now staying in places from Santa Barbara to Boston. It’s also been on my mind lately because Andrew and I want to do a Babymoon soon and are going to go through Airbnb again. Both Andrew and I are huge fans of it because you really get to experience your vacation in a more authentic way. I love feeling like a local and learning all the best places to go from my hosts.
If you are already an avid using of Airbnb, or even if you aren’t, I wanted to open you up to the idea of hosting one of your rooms or even a few rooms in your home. It’s a way to earn extra income and also meet people from all around the world. If you live within 25 miles of San Diego, they are offering a $200 cash bonus using this link http://airbnb.com/WithKendra and then you’ll need to create your first listing through that link as well.
So if you are looking to earn a little extra money to go on a trip yourself I think this is such a unique way to do it. Plus you can do it around your schedule.
Things to know:
-Airbnb hosts in San Diego can make up to $4,000 per month in the summer!*
-San Diego is a highly coveted vacation spot with a growing demand for hosts.
-If you have open rooms, you might as well make some money off of them!
-People use Airbnb to live like locals and get a different experience.
*Average monthly earnings from top 10% of active San Diego listings June to August 2015. Source Airbnb.
I hope you are all enjoying your summer so far! It seems to be flying by. This has been quite the warm summer too! Andrew and I have been taking full advantage of our pool…and the AC!
I’m starting to pull out my shorter dresses as the weather warms up. I love the ease of them. You don’t have to do much thinking with dresses because they are cute by themselves. Grab a cute pair of shoes and sunnies are you are good to go! I consider olive green a neutral because of how versatile it is. You can wear it anytime of the year too. I wore black sneakers with this dress to make it more casual and add in a tomboy vibe.You definitely have to wear a bralette under this dress. It goes low in the front with the lace up detail. I think a little lace peeking through looks super cute!
Hey everyone! I hope you are having a good week so far. Today I wanted to share with you some new fashion pieces that I am loving. It has been in the 80’s this week, so I feel like it’s summer. What is the weather like where you live? We were supposed to get so much rain this season, but now we just get summer early. Typical! I am missing Seattle so much right now!
I also wanted to see if you would like me to post my YouTube videos here on my blog. I would do that so you can come here to see everything I’m posting, rather than go to YouTube for vidoes, blog for pictures etc. Unless you spend time browsing on YouTube anyway. Just let me know what would be easiest for you!
^^These shoes are perfect for spring! It has felt weird pulling out my warm weather shoes, but it’s a nice change up from boots! (only downside is you have to paint your nails!)^^
Happy Monday! I wanted to share a look I wore this past Friday out to dinner with Andrew. This summer has been very long and very hot. Today is the first day I haven’t had to turn the AC on at 9:00 am. It has been brutal to say the least. So considering it was still pretty toasty last Friday, I threw on this maxi dress because 1. it is super comfortable and 2. it is only one thin layer of clothing. I paired it with a pair of studded flats and crossbody bag for an effortless feel. I hope you all have been having a great summer. I am soooo ready for fall. Scented candles, sweaters and hot tea are calling my name!
Happy Tuesday! Today I have an outfit to share that is perfect for summer. I’m slightly obsessed with rompers. Does anyone else feel like a child when they wear them? Haha..they are so comfy it’s awesome. This romper is from Fashion Nova, and I love the details on it. The brown leather straps and white embroidery make it really unique. I love adding wedges to either a romper or sundress because they are still extremely comfortable but make the outfit more dressed up. But when I am doing something more low key I’ll just wear flip flops or some sandals. And like always I’m wearing a gold watch and lots of beaded bracelets. I get a lot of questions where I get them from and they are all from different brands so it’s hard to say sometimes. But in general, if I see beaded bracelets, I’m down!
Hey guys! Long time no talk! Andrew and I have finally started to settled down in our new house. I just got a desk so now I feel like I can start getting back to a normal schedule. I’m so excited to share some home decor posts on my blog. I will have a lot of before and after pictures! With the weather getting warmer I have a hair tutorial that is perfect for summer days. Even though I do my hair like this pretty much year round! Beach waves have been my go-to for a long time now. I honestly feel most myself when my hair is wavy. I love to style my hair with these curls because they look completely effortless and last a few days. Watch the video for a step by step how to! You can also shop the products I used below.
Disclosure: This post and video were sponsored by ShopStyle through their partnership with POPSUGAR Select. While I was compensated to write a post and create a How-To video, all opinions are my own.
I know it’s still February, well almost March, but I’m actually ready for summer. I am fully aware I am always saying how much I love winter. But the other day I looked in the mirror and the person looking back at me looked like a vampire. Kidding, but I am that pale. I am all for that porcelain skin, but I mean, I need some color stat. A few days after I realized how translucent I was, our weather suddenly heated up and truly felt like summer. I laid out in the sun for a few days to soak up all the vitamin D I could and it felt amazing. I even got a little bit of color! It didn’t last long though, it started pouring last night. Anyways, that little tease made me super excited for the summer and I even pulled out some summer clothes last night. I organized all my bathing suits too which made me more motivated to get in shape. Little tip for you guys. Put on a bathing suit tonight. It will give you that kick in the butt to get in the gym. So here are some pieces that I’m currently inspired by (some I own). I’m even going to play some country music right now. Drivin around song anyone? (On a side note: go watch #candidlynicole on youtube. The funniest thing ever, even Andrew loves it. There are clips on AOL Originals & the Candidly Nicole channel. Loove.)
I don’t know about you, but I feel like it has been summer for over a year. What the heck? Where is the cold and the rain? We left hot California for a slightly less warm Seattle. Good grief all I want to do is drink hot tea and light candles. So even though it is mid September I am still in tank tops and shorts. These black silk shorts from Forever 21 are a great staple to have. I also have been living in these leopard flats from Windsor. Even in Seattle, I can’t escape my casual California style. I’m all about comfort people. Thanks for stopping by, have a great day!
1. Cover FX BB Gel– This has become my everyday ‘foundation’ this summer. I say foundation because even though it is a bb gel, is gives me great coverage. I like it better than foundation because it has an anti-blemish treatment in it, so it keeps my skin clear. Nobody wants to be breaking out in the summer. The less makeup the better!
2. Essie Polish in Mezmerize– Once this is on my nails, I never want to take it off. It is such a beautiful and rich blue color. Your skin will also look slightly tanner when you wear this. Nail magic.
3. Alterna Rehab Deep Hydration Masque– So, my hair gets super dry and brittle in the summer. I love the sun, but my hair does not. But, when I use this in the shower my hair becomes much more hydrated. It also smells like heaven. My hair drinks this product up and I love it.
4. Butter London Cheek Blush in Piccadilly Circus– This color looks a little bold at first glance, but when blended into the cheeks it mellows out. I love wearing this when I don’t want to look like I have any makeup on. It gives my complexion a gorgeous flush, like I have spent a few hours outside. I also use this on my lips and it looks incredibly natural.
5. Jack Black Lip Balm SPF 25: After a trip to the river this summer, my lips got so so so sunburned. I can’t even explain to you how bad it was. It looked like something bit me or I had lip implants (really bad ones). So now I’m terrified of repeating that incident. I ran to Sephora after that weekend and picked two of these lip balms up because they have a high spf for a lip product. I’m not a fan of the sunscreen scent in most chapsticks, so this one is great. It is super rich and first and foremost protects my lips!
6. Urban Decay Chill Setting Spray– This is a must on super hot days. Makeup sweating down your face is not cute. Spray some of this over your finished makeup to set everything in place and to keep your makeup from looking too cakey.
7. Nature’s Way Coconut Oil– This has replaced aloe vera for me. If you slip up and get sunburned, drench your body in coconut oil overnight. You will waje up thanking me, I promise. It will take the sting out of your burn and turn your skin from red to a beautiful bronze. Did I mention it is 100% natural? Boom!
8. Loreal Infallible Shocking Extension Mascara– I have never been one to use waterproof mascara until this summer. It holds the curl in my lashes all day and never flakes on me. I like this mascara in particular for lots of reasons. First, the formula is incredible. It doesn’t irritate my eyes, is super black, and lasts forever. Second, the wand is crazy good. It is super thin so you can get every single lash, but it still applies a lot of product. It also is CRAZY lengthening and someone manages to thicken up your lashes at the same time. I mean, clearly you can tell I am a fan! (side note: I prefer the waterproof one over the regular formula. I find them to be completely different.)
For today’s video I wanted to do something light and simple. I was tagged by a friend to do this video and it seemed like fun so I went for it! Summer is a great time of year. To me it means longer and fuller days, lots of water, and lots of sun. As far as beauty goes, I keep things much more simple and minimal. There is nothing worse than foundation melting off your face in the middle of the day. Yuck. I hope you all enjoy this video and are having a great summer so far!