For today’s video I wanted to do something light and simple. I was tagged by a friend to do this video and it seemed like fun so I went for it! Summer is a great time of year. To me it means longer and fuller days, lots of water, and lots of sun. As far as beauty goes, I keep things much more simple and minimal. There is nothing worse than foundation melting off your face in the middle of the day. Yuck. I hope you all enjoy this video and are having a great summer so far!
Today’s look is all about adding a pop to something simple. Jean shorts and t-shirts are basically what I live in, especially in the summer. So when I want to spice it up a bit, I will add in a bag with a pop of color and some fun bracelets. I am loving all the printed t’s that are out right now. This one is by StyleLately and I have worn it like three days in a row…whoops. I also am loving my arm candy. I live in my T&J jewels along with my Haute Betts beaded bracelets. I hope you all are having a great week so far!
I finally filmed a video! But, it was super echo-y sooo I may need to film in our room since it’s smaller than the living room. I also use a mic, so I know it’s not that. We just have super high ceilings. So these products have been staples for the past week and a half. I have used them during our road trip and can always count on them! I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!
I hope you all had a wonderful holiday weekend! I am exhausted from the river. I got way too much sun, but had a great time. My bottom lip is super swollen and I am not entirely sure why. I thought it was just sunburned, but I have woken up with it puffy for two straight days. So hopefully it will go down tonight because I am planning on filming the jelly bean challenge with Andrew. So for today’s post I wanted to show you all my new hair. I just had it done and am so in love! I had my ombre lifted a bit and also had some balayage put in for a super natural look. Watch my video to see how it was achieved step by step!
Happy Friday! I hope you all had a great week…hopefully a productive one! I started packing last night with Andrew and we got so much done! Our kitchen and living room already look really empty. I took most of our hanging decorations down which really dulls down our apartment. It is sort of sad, but I am so looking forward to Seattle! Have a great weekend everyone and I’ll see you on Monday!
I had so much fun with this look by Bri Seeley. Totally different than my usual laid back style, but it is always fun to step outside your comfort zone every now and then. I was immediately drawn to this mustard skirt. It adds a richness to the outfit without being too in your face. I also am loving this black and white printed top. There is a tie at the neck which you can’t see from my pictures. The neat thing is, you can tie it in front or back depending on the look you are going for. Right when Andrew saw these pictures he said, ‘oh like New Girl’. So if you are wanting to look like Jess, this is perfect for you! I hope you all are having a great week and thanks so much for stopping by!top: bri seeley
With summer here it is time to soak up some sun and have fun with your friends and family! Whenever I am going somewhere involved water, I cut back on my makeup by a lot! Nobody wants to be in 100 degree heat with a bunch of foundation and eyeshadow on. In today’s video I show you how to look awake and pulled together with very little makeup. I hope you all enjoy this video and let me know some of your favorite products for the summer!
With summer right around the corner I thought I would round up my top picks for the beach, river, or lake. Basically, if there is water involved, here is what you should bring! Plus, I am heading out to the river this weekend so it felt very relevant. One of my favorite things about Southern California is living near the beach and being able to drive out the Colorado River in under 5 hours. Let me know in the comments some of your picks too!
1. Cheap Sunglasses: Ya that’s right, I said cheap. I lost a pair of expensive sunnies at the river one year, and will never bring back a super nice pair. Plus they are going to get sandy and wet!
2. Spray-on Aloe: This is genius! I spray this on my face after I get out of the sun. It instantly hydrates my parched skin.
3. Leave-In Conditioner: This one is great because it has UV protectants which really helps to protect your hair. Spray in a leave-in before you get in the pool so your hair doesn’t absorb all the chemicals (or just get your hair wet first in the shower, then hop in). I also spray this in after I swim in the ocean. It works great at getting rid of tangles.
4. Panama Hat: If you want extra sun protection or just want to look extra chic, bring yourself a hat. I have been loving the look of panama hats lately.
5. Lip Balm with SPF: A MUST! I cannot tell you how many times my lips have been burned because I put on chapstick without an SPF.
6. Tote Bag: I like finding a bag that can work at the beach, but also be functional if I go out lunch or shopping after.
7. After Sun Lotion: Okay, sure you can use any lotion, but this is way better! This has organic aloe vera and almond butter with glittering particles of natural minerals that creates an amazing glow to the skin!
8. Organic Spray Suncreen: Once you use a spray sunscreen, it’s impossible to go back! This one is organic and smells like a citrus dream!
9. Comfy Flip Flops: Havaianas are the best. Find some flippys that work if you get them wet. Wearing some in a bright color always helps too!
It doesn’t get much more comfortable than a romper! Forever 21 has so many cute rompers and dresses so go go go! I just got a couple dresses there for some upcoming weddings. One thing I love about wearing a one piece in a bright print and color, is that you can keep everything else slightly understated. I keep my shoes and bag brown, and my jewelry gold (per usual). This look is perfect to go out to lunch, shopping, the beach…basically it is very versatile! Rompers for the win!
So I am slightly obsessed with dolphin shorts. My upcoming outfit posts are FULL of them. First of all, they are so comfortable, and second, I love all the fun designs they have. You can wear crop tops with them or a regular shirt and tuck in just the front part. Both my shorts and shirt..oh actually and my bralette are from Shop Lately! I have been on their website like a hawk looking at all the new pieces coming in. One of my favorite ‘shops’ on the site is Publik. Check them out, they have really cute items. This look is so comfortable and casual. I feel like I should be at the beach walking down the pier with an ice cream in hand. Right? What are your favorite ways to wear printed shorts? I hope you all had a great week, and hopefully have some fun weekend plans!