It is pumpkin season! My goodness it is everywhere I look! But I am totally fine with it because I love me some pumpkin. So I just posted a new video on my channel showing how to make these pumpkin donut muffins. If you aren’t in the mood to read, come watch the video HERE. These little drops of heaven were super easy to make and got my husband’s approval! (basically they don’t taste gluten free!) I made these first with a little too much batter in each muffin tin, so the next time baking I filled them up only about half way and they turned out much better. I like how these are honestly a perfect mix between a donut and a muffin. Incredibly moist, satisfying and just the right about of pumpkin. I hope you all enjoy!
If you are into using natural products like myself, making things is your best bet! This scrub is as pure as it gets, and super easy. You only need three ingredients and most are probably already in your pantry. I started off intending this to be a face scrub, but now I think I like it more on my body. I have been using this in the shower all over my body and then apply what’s remaining to my face. You can use a variety of ingredients for scrubs, but I’ll tell you why I specifically chose these three.
MANUKA HONEY: This bottle of honey is pure gold. Honey has anti-bacterial properties, which makes it great at cleansing your skin and getting rid of all the gunk that has accumulated in your pores throughout the day. It is also very hydrating and soothing to the skin. After using honey on your face you will notice the texture of your skin will even out over time, and your breakouts will decrease.
OLIVE OIL: I love using olive oil on my face because it is incredibly hydrating and gentle. No matter what your skin type is, olive oil will work for you. I love the feeling my skin has after using this scrub. I rarely need to use a lotion afterward because of how moisturized my skin is.
SUGAR: Raw cane sugar is a great base for any scrub. It does a great job at exfoliating your skin, but is still gentle enough to use on your face.
I fill my jar pretty full with sugar, a few dashes of olive oil and a spoonful of honey. You can vary the amounts depending on how thick your want yours. Watch my video below to see me mix and apply the scrub!
Happy Monday everyone! I am currently sweating profusely as I type this and listening to some lovely construction a foot out of our apartment window. Oh the joys. Today’s video is all about staples. I have been ordering a lot off Vitacost’s site lately since we didn’t bring much with us to Seattle. This first order consisted of many essentials…drinks, oils, bars etc. I hope you can get some ideas from my purchases and like always leave me some of your favorites in the comments!
Well hello everyone! I am actually happy that it’s Monday. Am I crazy? Two things that make me happy are stability and predictability. This move has been such a whirl wind and I honestly was starting to go a little insane. We finally have a decent amount of furniture (I’ll have a video on all the furniture we found). I can actually sit down at my desk and type on my desktop! You have no idea how happy that makes me. It gets a little old laying in bed, typing blog posts on your laptop. I am one of those people. Yes. What else has changed? My videos are starting to get back to a normal schedule and I am finally getting caught up on my emails. There is nothing worse than a bunch of unanswered emails! Sooo, today’s video is all about skincare. I am a skincare junkie. Sort of. I really enjoy washing my face at night and applying products. It is a relaxing experience for me and I try to enjoy it instead of rushing through. I also like skincare products a lot more since I switched over to using mostly natural products. I experience way less break outs, redness and uneven skin tone. My skin also is much brighter than it’s ever been. I hope you all enjoy this video and hopefully you can try some of these products out for yourself!
It is no secret I have a love affair with Vitacost. Most of the time I talk about the beauty products I purchase, but believe it or not, I spend more money on food and drinks. I love trying out new natural companies but am not a fan of the price tag of most of these brands. So, I typically buy all of my dry goods and some drinks online. Almond milk, coconut water, granola bars, canned goods, salsa…..yes I know I am sort of insane. But hey, I save money and I am proud of that! If you guys want a big list of what I usually buy from Vitacost as far as groceries go, let me know. So here is an order I recently made with some new bars, protein powders and other random items. I hope you all enjoy and let me know what your favorites are from Vitacost. If you don’t know what Vitacost is, then you must be new to my channel!
With summer right around the corner I thought I would round up my top picks for the beach, river, or lake. Basically, if there is water involved, here is what you should bring! Plus, I am heading out to the river this weekend so it felt very relevant. One of my favorite things about Southern California is living near the beach and being able to drive out the Colorado River in under 5 hours. Let me know in the comments some of your picks too!
1. Cheap Sunglasses: Ya that’s right, I said cheap. I lost a pair of expensive sunnies at the river one year, and will never bring back a super nice pair. Plus they are going to get sandy and wet!
2. Spray-on Aloe: This is genius! I spray this on my face after I get out of the sun. It instantly hydrates my parched skin.
3. Leave-In Conditioner: This one is great because it has UV protectants which really helps to protect your hair. Spray in a leave-in before you get in the pool so your hair doesn’t absorb all the chemicals (or just get your hair wet first in the shower, then hop in). I also spray this in after I swim in the ocean. It works great at getting rid of tangles.
4. Panama Hat: If you want extra sun protection or just want to look extra chic, bring yourself a hat. I have been loving the look of panama hats lately.
5. Lip Balm with SPF: A MUST! I cannot tell you how many times my lips have been burned because I put on chapstick without an SPF.
6. Tote Bag: I like finding a bag that can work at the beach, but also be functional if I go out lunch or shopping after.
7. After Sun Lotion: Okay, sure you can use any lotion, but this is way better! This has organic aloe vera and almond butter with glittering particles of natural minerals that creates an amazing glow to the skin!
8. Organic Spray Suncreen: Once you use a spray sunscreen, it’s impossible to go back! This one is organic and smells like a citrus dream!
9. Comfy Flip Flops: Havaianas are the best. Find some flippys that work if you get them wet. Wearing some in a bright color always helps too!
I wanted to have a giveaway as a thank you to all of you who watch my YouTube videos, follow my blog, or any other social media. Each and every one of you are so incredible and I have been so blessed to have met so many amazing people from all over the world.
I put together some summer goodies that either I love or have been wanting to try!
Make sure to watch my video to see my thoughts on all the products.
Good luck to all of you who enter! (rules are in the info section of my video)
I have been a fan of these brownies for a really long time. You can’t even tell they are gluten free and taste freaking amazing. They also have chocolate chips in the mix so that is a big plus! So I wanted to do something different than pouring the mix into a sheet pan and making traditional brownies. Baking them like cupcakes was the best idea. The batter seemed to go much further and they were more fun to eat. I did realize next time I will cook them for a shorter time. They cooked a lot faster than when just poured into a pan. Also, adding some coconut gave them a nice taste that was sort of unexpected. Really delicious. Next time I will just use the shredded coconut. The coconut flakes tasted a little strange. You just follow the back of the box to cook these. You only need some butter and two eggs..so easy! I hope you guys try this mix, it is the best!
2. The Balm Hot Mama Blush ( 25% off all The Balm Products use promo code: KVLB2 ) I have found my new favorite blush! I can’t believe how pigmented this product is. It gives a gorgeous coral cheek while providing a golden sheen. Whenever I wear this I get so many compliments!
3. Anthropologie Sunnies When you have a big face like me, it’s tough to find a good pair of aviators! I was at Anthro on my birthday and once I put these on I knew I couldn’t leave the store without buying them! They are so comfortable on my face and will go with absolutely everything.
4. Nubian Heritage Body Wash I am soo picky when it comes to scents. Especially for body washes, I need to have an amazing scent while taking a shower. This is a refreshing, tropical, fruity paradise. Have I convinced you yet? It is also highly moisturizing and free of nasty chemicals!
5. ShopLately Bag How amazing is the bag? I am trying to branch out and incorporate more color into my wardrobe. I feel like accessories are a great way to add a bold pop of color. I love that this bag isn’t too big, but still can hold a lot inside. I am a huge fan of cross body bags. They are so convenient…perfect for Disneyland!