Hey guys! I’ve been so excited to share this outfit with you. Forever 21 just launched a new shop section called Forever 21 Now and in honor of it, I have some super affordable pieces for you to shop! They’ll launch new pieces every week based on current trends. Check out their instagram HERE. I love mixing things up and trying out new styles. I decided to wear a darker lip for this ‘mostly’ black look because it’s fall, so why not! The lip color I’m wearing is the color I created in a recent video. You can watch that HERE. I’m loving this dress with the fringe sleeves. I think it adds a little edge to a simple dress. To make it more fall appropriate I added over the knee boots which I am so obsessed with. These are incredibly comfortable and dress up any outfit. I think these would look great with some skinny jeans! Let me know what styles you have been loving this season in the comments! Thanks so much for stopping by!
It is pumpkin season! My goodness it is everywhere I look! But I am totally fine with it because I love me some pumpkin. So I just posted a new video on my channel showing how to make these pumpkin donut muffins. If you aren’t in the mood to read, come watch the video HERE. These little drops of heaven were super easy to make and got my husband’s approval! (basically they don’t taste gluten free!) I made these first with a little too much batter in each muffin tin, so the next time baking I filled them up only about half way and they turned out much better. I like how these are honestly a perfect mix between a donut and a muffin. Incredibly moist, satisfying and just the right about of pumpkin. I hope you all enjoy!
The other day I went to the pumpkin patch with my friends and I took some pics to share with you guys! Nothing like a rustic pumpkin patch, am I right? I was really hoping for a legit corn maze but there was only a hay maze. Meaning we could see everything over hip-level. Super fun for little kids, not too scary for this 26-year-old. Have you guys been to a pumpkin patch yet? I always try to go every year to get in the fall spirit. Andrew couldn’t go this year because he has his Board exam this Wednesday so he’s been studying like a maniac. Which is great! But I’m ready to get my husband back soon! Once he is done, he’ll be completely done with school and can start working full time! I’m so proud of him for all he has accomplished. If any of you have gone through physical therapy school, you know what a job it is. Being married to someone going through it felt like I was in school for three more years too. (Okay, I know it was harder for him. But still!)
Pumpkin patches are totally acceptable photoshoot locations right? I’m going with yes! I loved how all these little families are walking by me trying to pose… One day I’ll have cute pictures of my little kids, but for now it’s just me haha.
I used to love salt water taffy. But now I look at it and think instant cavity.
Here is our wheel barrel of pumpkins! We later went home and painted them. Way less clean up and mess. And the pumpkins last way longer.
Our super fast and wild hay ride.
I hope you all have a great week. Thanks for stopping by!
It is finally flannel weather! Well almost. I feel like I’ll wake up to overcast weather and then midday I’ll already be in shorts! Not okay! I wanted to pair some fun new pieces I recently got and put together a classic fall look. I’m currently really into destroyed denim and booties. I guess I’m always into booties, BUT I have been loving the combo lately. And this new camel bag is so nice! It fits a ton of stuff and I’m digging the color. I hope you all enjoy this look!
Hey guys! Today I have some of my favorite products to transition your look into fall. I love warm eye shadows, a bronzed face and some berry or red lips. I put together a list of some products I have been especially loving this month. (I know you will too!) Let me know what type of makeup look you love this time of year in the comments!
1. Urban Decay Lipstick in Rapture: This is the perfect nude lip for fall. I am definitely over those concealer-nude lips and now my go-to nude is more of a mauve/taupe color. This is such a flattering shade on so many skintones. It completes your makeup, while still being understated. A must for this time of year!
2. Benefit Roller Lash Mascara: Don’t even get me started on this mascara. Since first using this, I have not found anything better. I love it because it holds my curl and does not transfer! I absolutely hate when my mascara leaves little black dots under my eyes. This will stay put all day long and it isn’t hard to wash off either. I find the Benefit They’re Real a pain to get off at night, but this one comes off great with my cleansing oil. I will continue to buy this over and over!
3. Cover FX Bronzer in Suntan: What I love about this bronzer is the perfect tone it has. Not too muddy, but not too orange. It’s beautiful at warming up your skin tone or contouring. Since it’s matte, it’s pretty hard to go overboard.
4. Smashbox Lipstick in Bing: Such a fun red lip. It has a light cherry tone to it which really is my favorite type of red. It is a little easier to wear and not so vampy. This lipstick dries to a nice satin/matte finish. Super pretty!
5. Butter London Polish in Fancy: I love muted colors on the nails for fall. They look polished (no pun intended) and pair nicely with most outfits. This lilac color is everything!
6. Kevyn Aucoin Eye Liner in Black: My eyes are really sensitive and this is pretty much the only liner I can use that won’t irritate them. It is totally waterproof and extremely creamy, which makes it perfect for the waterline.
7. It Cosmetics Ombre Blush in Sugar Plum: I love a mauve cheek in the fall. It really warms up the complexion and gives a modern feel to any makeup look. Sometimes purple blushes can look intimidating in the pan, but when you apply them to the cheeks they sheer out a lot. Give it a try this season!
8. Cover FX Natural Finish Foundation in N30: I’ve been wearing this foundation almost every day this month. It is very full coverage so when I want to sheer it out a bit, I’ll mix in a drop of my Custom Infusion Drops. If you have normal to dry skin you’ll love this. It gives a satin/dewy finish and lasts all day long!
9. It Cosmetics Naturally Pretty Eye Shadow Palette: Oh my word. This is basically my ideal eye shadow palette. There are 14 (14!!!) beautiful, pigmented matte colors, and 1 nude shimmer. I love the variety of shades, from warm coppers to cooler mauves. Honestly this is a do-all palette. I really could live with this palette and nothing else. That is saying a lot!
10. It Cosmetics Lip Liner in Perfect Red: Like the name, this liner really is the perfect red. It never bleeds on me, lasts a long time and is a creamy texture! Also after applying, it sets nicely on your lips.
11. Maybelline Fit Me Concealer: I love how this concealer sets on the skin. It doesn’t lay in fine lines or cake up throughout the day. I swear it actually looks pretty when you apply it, I know that sounds weird, but it is super flawless. I really get a tone of coverage with this and it’s perfect for blemishes!
For those of you who don’t follow me on my social media outlets then you haven’t heard! I chopped my hair off! A whole lot of it. I cut off about 10 inches and I have been loving it so far. I didn’t realize how attached I had become to my hair until I was sitting in the chair watching those scissors come toward me. I was actually terrified and started second guessing what I was doing. But then I told myself it is just hair and if I hate it, it’ll grow back. The second she cut it off I couldn’t stop smiling. It was crazy! I was grinning ear to ear the whole time. I honestly think this hair suits me much more. It fits my face and body shape more and it is a lot more fun. My hair had gotten so long that I didn’t ever want to style it. It was so heavy and to be honest, a nuisance. Now I feel much more fresh and I appreciate my hair much more. If you can tell, I went much lighter because all the blonde in my hair was cut off. Do you guys like my new do? Let me know in the comments!
Hey guys! Today’s words of inspiration are some of my favorites. I have recently decided to quit being such a procrastinator and just get things done. I read the book The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up and it has changed me! I started with my clothes, then moved on to our books, documents etc. If you follow me on my YouTube channel you have probably seen some of my makeup declutter videos. So the thing I never thought would happen (which in the book it actually says will), is that after decluttering my things, I have noticed so many other changes in my life. I still haven’t finished decluttering everything yet. It is a long process! But what I have noticed is that I cherish things more. I take my time getting ready for bed at night. I floss more. I fold my clothes (which I never used to do). I clean my dishes right after using them. I get more done. With less clutter around me, my mind is more at peace and it truly helps me get more accomplished throughout the day. I usually am trying to play catch up with my YouTube videos. But I am so ahead of my upload schedule I don’t know what to do! It is awesome. I feel like I have more time, and my time is valued. I highly recommend you guys read this book! It is super easy to ready and it’s pretty short. Even though it is a little odd at times, the overall message is really effective. Have any of you read it? I hope you all have a great week!
for more words of inspiration visit my pinterest page HERE
Hey guys! Long time no talk! Andrew and I have finally started to settled down in our new house. I just got a desk so now I feel like I can start getting back to a normal schedule. I’m so excited to share some home decor posts on my blog. I will have a lot of before and after pictures! With the weather getting warmer I have a hair tutorial that is perfect for summer days. Even though I do my hair like this pretty much year round! Beach waves have been my go-to for a long time now. I honestly feel most myself when my hair is wavy. I love to style my hair with these curls because they look completely effortless and last a few days. Watch the video for a step by step how to! You can also shop the products I used below.
Disclosure: This post and video were sponsored by ShopStyle through their partnership with POPSUGAR Select. While I was compensated to write a post and create a How-To video, all opinions are my own.
I received this fruit infuser water bottle in my last Fab Fit Fun box and I thought I’d show you how it works! Sometimes water can be a bit boring, so infusing it with fruit, veggies or herbs can makes things more interesting. There are so many combinations you can try out yourself, but I am going to show you what I use most often. Besides making your water look pretty, infusing it has so many health benefits. Water alone helps to balance your body fluids, keep your skin looking good, control calorie intake, energize muscles, and cleanse your body of toxins. So just add that list, to what infused water does and you are on your way to feeling and looking great! (use code kendrafruitwater for a free bottle in your next Fab Fit Fun box)
First, decide what you want to use in your water bottle. Slice it up into small pieces and place in the middle insert. Once you have everything inside, twist the pink cap back on and place back inside the bottle. I like to put mine in the fridge for a little bit to get cold and let the fruit do it’s job. After about 10 minutes you will start to taste the difference, but the longer you let it sit, the more the flavors can seep into the water.
Lemon water is so quick and easy. Lemons provide so many health benefits. So I had to make a list!
-boosts your immunity
-gives you an energy boost
-freshens your breath
-cleanses your system
-clears up your skin
Another type of infused water I love is cucumbers and oranges. I love the sweetness you get from the orange, but you also get a clean aftertaste from the cucumber. It is super refreshing and delicious! Oranges aid with healthy blood circulation and provide vitamin C. Cucumbers are incredibly hydrating and they also help flush out toxins.
Some other great ingredients are mint, raspberries, lime and strawberries.
Let me know what your favorite types of infused water are!
If you guys need some inspiration for Valentine’s Day, I am here for you! I have put together a casual outfit for you that would be perfect for a daytime date (the video below also has a more dressy look, which you can view HERE). I also wanted to show you some pictures from the spot Andrew and I had lunch. Myrtle Creek is a nursery in Fallbrook, North County San Diego, that offers an adorable lunch. All their food is farm to plate, so you know you are getting fresh ingredients. They also put your food inside a basket that you can take with you around the nursery to find a place to sit down and enjoy it. There are tables scattered throughout, so whether you choose a cafe style table, an upholstered bench, or a picnic table, I can bet you will enjoy your time there!